Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie by Referral

IF you live near Columbus, OH, are you interested in forming a support group?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. IF you live near Columbus, OH, are you interested in forming a support group?

• Yes
    • No

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to this site but I've been active on Bandsters for a little while. I'm getting banded on 1/10/07 and I'm really excited. I didn't have to wait a long time like I know others have because my insurance is pretty easy to deal with. I live in Columbus, Ohio and I'm getting the band in Dayton, Ohio.

It took me a bit, but I love how the tickers work and, although I don't have exactly what my weight will be on 1/10, it's the best I can do as of today.

I'm looking for support groups in the area that deal with banding only - I get tired of hearing about all the support for by bypass people and await the day when the banders outnumber them!

Well, I've enjoyed reading some posts and hope to get a wealth of information from all your opinions and I wish each of you great success in your journey!

Good luck mindful!

I live in beavercreek, it is the next burb to the east of kettering. I havn't joined a support group yet so I check this site a lot! If you find a good one, be sure to post it!

Good luck mindful!

I live in beavercreek, it is the next burb to the east of kettering. I havn't joined a support group yet so I check this site a lot! If you find a good one, be sure to post it!

Hi Annie

I know of myself and one other person in Columbus who may be interested in forming a support group - would you be interested, vote on the poll. Also, did you get your done by Schumacher - have you heard anything about him?

Hi

I had mine done by Dr Osborne of the Cinci weight loss center. They also have a support group in columbus (it's new) They meet on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:30.

at the Hilton Garden Inn, 500 Metro Place North in Dublin, OH 43017

Their office number is 1-800-979-6573.

Columbus is a bit far for me to go for a support group (I still have three teenagers at home and spend my time feeding them or driving them places!)

If you hear about any support group at Kettering, let me know.

I havn't heard anything about Schumacher, but Kettering is a very nice hospital.

Thanks for the referral Annie. Also, have you heard any feedback about Schumacher over at Kettering Bariatrics. My insurance wouldn't cover Cincy Weight Loss but I had heard pretty good things about Kettering. Since you live there, any info or feedback would be appreciated.

Welcome to LBT Paige

It is great to see you here! failing finding an inperson support group I am sure you will find plenty of support here at lapband talk...keep us posted wont you? and best wishes on your new life, new body, and new you!

:) becky

Hello all:

I live in Dayton Ohio, and have chosen Dr. Allison Clarey as my dr. They have in house support groups, but I would love to connect with more people. I am jumping through the insurance hoop right now, but hopefully will have my surgery in January. Good luck to us all, and to a lighter 2007.

Hey Guys: Since all of you are from OHIO, check out some new threads on the OHIO forum. There are some people who have questions about docs and I know many of you can help. See you there