Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello july 8ers!!! Sounds like everyone is emerging and slowly getting better day by day. This is a whole new beginning for all of us. I'm 12 lbs down since starting my pre-op diet!! Hope everyone has a real smooth recovery.

Im starting to feel better as well. Getting down small amounts of liquids some Protein but nowhere near the amount im suppose to. I wake up every morning with pain and I too wonder why did I do this. Hopefully we all will get past this stage soon and can get on with our lives.

I'm just curious if we're sick of all these liquids and such what would happen if we started to eat small amount of regular food a week post op??

I'm just curious if we're sick of all these liquids and such what would happen if we started to eat small amount of regular food a week post op??

I feel the same ! I just wanna like chew something even if I spit it out , I'm going insane . Right now I'm hanging out with friends (thankfully I'm well enough) they're all eating while I sip on some Water .

I was the eighth......still feel terrible! I wish I never did it, but maybe it will end up worth it!

I feel the same ! I just wanna like chew something even if I spit it out ' date=' I'm going insane . Right now I'm hanging out with friends (thankfully I'm well enough) they're all eating while I sip on some Water .[/quote']

That's what I'm waiting for...I haven't chewed in sooo long lol

I'm doing pretty good. I have a bit of minor pain at my incision sites. No pain meds for a couple of days, so it's definately tolerable. Started back with Protein Shakes today. Only half a shake at a time and used more Water than usual to thin it out a bit to hopefully help it go down easier. Last night my mom and I split a wonton Soup from our local chinese restaurant.... I had the broth and she had everything else!! HA! I am looking forward to the mushies phase, but that's not for another 12 days! YIKES! I may have to cheat a little and have a scrambled egg sooner than that!

I was discharged about noon on Tuesday. Worst pain is from the bigger incision on the left. Getting up/down and in and out of the bed seem to be the biggest triggers. Tried getting Protein in but I just can't handle the Syntrax Nectar. It makes me want to hurl. Adding the Vitamin crystals made it that much worse. My NUT said i could go back to the Premier Protein shakes i was using before and that has made a huge difference. I'm hoping that a few weeks down the road that will change otherwise I'll have to throw away some expensive tubs. I'm mostly off of pain meds and starting to feel a little normal. I wouldn't call it regret but I will say I've had a couple of moments where I looked at myself and asked...what did you do to yourself now?

I was discharged about noon on Tuesday. Worst pain is from the bigger incision on the left. Getting up/down and in and out of the bed seem to be the biggest triggers. Tried getting Protein in but I just can't handle the Syntrax Nectar. It makes me want to hurl. Adding the Vitamin crystals made it that much worse. My NUT said i could go back to the Premier Protein shakes i was using before and that has made a huge difference. I'm hoping that a few weeks down the road that will change otherwise I'll have to throw away some expensive tubs. I'm mostly off of pain meds and starting to feel a little normal. I wouldn't call it regret but I will say I've had a couple of moments where I looked at myself and asked...what did you do to yourself now?

I think every minute why did I do this? I live on a beach and I just sit inside or walk around the yard.......but maybe some day soon I will fit in a smaller bathing suit!

I think every minute why did I do this? I live on a beach and I just sit inside or walk around the yard.......but maybe some day soon I will fit in a smaller bathing suit!

I hate the Syntrax Nectars that I've tried, but I love the syntrax matrix milk chocolate. Yummy!

I could probably stop taking pain meds but my kids keep pushing on my tummy. Ouch.

I'm so glad someone said this! I want to freaking eat and chew. I've considered chewing and spitting but here's thoughts. We are all starting over. Everyday this will get easier as we are able to tolerate more. We are being reprogrammed for a healthy lifestyle. I thinkin two weeks we will all be glad we made this decision.

Reading these posts make me laugh now! I'm 14 days out and I felt exactly like you guys! I didn't know what to do with my tongue! I would take a mouthful if food, chew, and spit it out. I just needed to chew and get a decent taste inu mouth. It sucked! In 2 weeks you'll feel like new. I love it now! Keep fighting, it's worth it!

Happy to see I'm not the only one wanting to eat something. Not just drink. I figured out that my sips are too big so that's why I am burping so much. Today I finally felt like food was tasty even if it was 2oz cream of potato leek. I took one walk and brought H2O with me and that helped a lot. Right now mainly bored, all I do is watch movies on TV. Need to do something different!

What are you all doing to recuperate? If you are returning back to work, when? I'm at home for two weeks watching a bunch of movies, walking around and trying to get the liquid and Protein in. And I'll be back to work on July 22nd.