Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still having issue with choosing the right foods!

I know I did the sleeve the sacrifice and the hell I put myself through after surgery and I wanna be better !!! I just can't stop myself from eating bad foods when others are eating and having them at home it's like I can't fight the urge to wanna have junk !! I know it's wrong and I still do it . Does anyone have this issue ? Sleeved in may 6th sw230 cw 216 .

Snap out of it..... I know what your going through... I have 3 sons at home and they eat all day long and all 3 are skinny... It is like being a crack head that just went thru rehab , but we still have to live in the crack house... it is not fair , but that is our reality now...

Here are some tips that I use.....

When I need something crunchy and salty I eat : Mary's gone Crackers with cheese and turkey pepperoni melted in the microwave....

when I need something sweet I eat : ricotta cheese with a little bit of vanilla and splenda or with sugar free apricot jelly..

When I am really desperate .. I have one spoon of honey and it calms my sweet tooth

If I am craving fried Chicken... tyson makes an all natural chicken nuggets breaded with whole grain flour, it comes in a green bag, it is really low in carbs and tastes like fried chicken.

If you want spaghetti .... bake some spaghetti squash and serve it a meatball and some sauce....

Please Snap out of it... You are almost in Onederland.... You have 16 pounds to go....Stay strong ok... you can find healthy alternatives for the bad foods you crave !!! You will do great !!

Good Luck to you

bodyweight.png?ts=1371604477

U got this! Mind over matter!

Snap out of it..... I know what your going through... I have 3 sons at home and they eat all day long and all 3 are skinny... It is like being a crack head that just went thru rehab ' date=' but we still have to live in the crack house... it is not fair , but that is our reality now...

Here are some tips that I use.....

When I need something crunchy and salty I eat : Mary's gone Crackers with cheese and turkey pepperoni melted in the microwave....

when I need something sweet I eat : ricotta cheese with a little bit of vanilla and splenda or with sugar free apricot jelly..

When I am really desperate .. I have one spoon of honey and it calms my sweet tooth

If I am craving fried chicken... tyson makes an all natural chicken nuggets breaded with whole grain flour, it comes in a green bag, it is really low in carbs and tastes like fried chicken.

If you want spaghetti .... bake some spaghetti squash and serve it a meatball and some sauce....

Please Snap out of it... You are almost in Onederland.... You have 16 pounds to go....Stay strong ok... you can find healthy alternatives for the bad foods you crave !!! You will do great !!

Good Luck to you

Thank you so much for the great tips . I know ppl on here sometimes are afraid to admit and say things but I just needed to get it off my chest and be honest with myself !!

I totally feel like a addict food being the drug ! Everyone is eating and your just there like a painting on the wall staring !!

It's hard sometimes, but I try not to keep to much junk here to tempt me. But the reality is that I live with normal weighted people and nights like tonight are pizza Tuesday. I eat my dinner while its cooking so I won't be tempted.

Now some people just say eat it in moderation.

But really that doesn't work for me and I don't "need" pizza once a week

Odette-

You know I adore You & I BELIEVE IN YOU! You got this!

XO-

Molly

The reason you feel like an addict is because food can be an addiction (and for many of us, it is). Like any addict will tell you, they're never cured, just in recovery; the wanting may never go away. However, we all make choices in life, and just the fact that you are choosing to be honest with yourself by sharing how you're feeling with us is you choosing to ask for support and help, and that's always a great choice. Just looking at your profile, I can see you have come so far, so make whatever healthy substitutions you need to and remind yourself that you are worth it!! Hang in there :)

It's hard sometimes' date=' but I try not to keep to much junk here to tempt me. But the reality is that I live with normal weighted people and nights like tonight are pizza Tuesday. I eat my dinner while its cooking so I won't be tempted.

Now some people just say eat it in moderation.

But really that doesn't work for me and I don't "need" pizza once a week[/quote']

I'm going to try to make my food or eat before they are stuffing their faces.

Moderation doesn't work for me at all !

The reason you feel like an addict is because food can be an addiction (and for many of us' date=' it is). Like any addict will tell you, they're never cured, just in recovery; the wanting may never go away. However, we all make choices in life, and just the fact that you are choosing to be honest with yourself by sharing how you're feeling with us is you choosing to ask for support and help, and that's always a great choice. Just looking at your profile, I can see you have come so far, so make whatever healthy substitutions you need to and remind yourself that you are worth it!! Hang in there :)[/quote']

I forget that I'm worth it . I need to love myself. When a person has been over weight is like u lose your self and forget how to wanna be happy again

I also have this problem. Right now I am going through a good time and have been able to not buy junk good. My weakness is cheetos. I know they go down easily so it was the first junk food I started having again. So bad but I have not been going to the gas station so that I went buy them and eat them alone. I need to be accountable and eat around others so I eat better.

I also have this problem. Right now I am going through a good time and have been able to not buy junk good. My weakness is cheetos. I know they go down easily so it was the first junk food I started having again. So bad but I have not been going to the gas station so that I went buy them and eat them alone. I need to be accountable and eat around others so I eat better.

Thank you for sharing . I can't be the only person with this issue !! I once has a small

Bag of cheese puffs .

I forget that I'm worth it . I need to love myself. When a person has been over weight is like u lose your self and forget how to wanna be happy again

What I did when I had my lapband was treat myself once a week. Any day but once a week to something I've craved or heard about. We must still live in this life. I admire your honesty. May you find a way to enjoy and continue to loose.

I'm going to try to make my food or eat before they are stuffing their faces.

Moderation doesn't work for me at all !

It doesn't work for me either.. :( it may for some but I know myself and its just better to stay the course. There are several schools of thoughts here and I admire those who can eat anything but just smaller amounts. But truthfully certain foods are just triggers to me. Maybe one day I can... I don't know...

But not now. And the fact of the matter feeling healthy right now is top priority.

I think about being off of my meds and being able to keep up with my family.

Eye on the prize girlie! Easier said than done somedays but we got to keep fighting for it :)