Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had the robotic surgery? I will be having it July 5th. I agreed to this and the surgeon said I would possibly have a quicker recovery time and a different type of stiches will be used.

Just wondered the average hospital stay and recovery time. Or do you think it did not make much of a difference?

Has anyone had the robotic surgery? I will be having it July 5th. I agreed to this and the surgeon said I would possibly have a quicker recovery time and a different type of stiches will be used.

Just wondered the average hospital stay and recovery time. Or do you think it did not make much of a difference?

What is it?

My was robotic. Amazing recovery. No pain. The only I had was in my left shoulder from gas and the NG tube. My stomach area inside and out was pain free. Definitely the best way.

My was robotic. Amazing recovery. No pain. The only I had was in my left shoulder from gas and the NG tube. My stomach area inside and out was pain free. Definitely the best way.

GREAT TO KNOW!!! Thanks! How long was your hospital stay?

4 nights but only because I had a lot of scar tissue from an open surgery n they wanted to make sure everything was fine. If not it would have only been two nites

I had it May 23rd!!! It was amazing and the recovery has been wonderful!!!! Back to work in 10 days and my incisions are healed and you can't even see them!!!! Def the easiest way:)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Brain Williams did a story about Robotic surgery last night on rock center. I would advise you watch it before doing a robotic surgery. Not trying to scare you but I don't think they tell people all the risk that can come from this.

I just read the report you mentioned. The risk are no higher than a Lapo or open surgery. Human error can always occur. Whoever decides to have surgery and think that there is no risk, needs to re think again. My sister had an open gastric bypass and the surgeon ruptured her spleen. Her immune system has been compromised and she has had a lot of issues until she went to my surgeons office and corrected some of the problems. She is better but her immune system will never be the same. Surgery = Risks. Experienced surgeons= less risks in my book.

You have to be stupid not to know that any surgery comes with risk, but I have a problem when hospital are pushing this surgery just to recoup cost. An the reason for getting the machine in the first place is not because they think it will benefit patients. But to compete with other hospital and it scary that the maker of this machine is doing all of the pushing, not the medical community.

You might want to do a little more research your self no one is saying the machine is bad. But there are issues that need to be looked into.

My mom had a robotic hysterectomy and I talked to the surgeon about what made robotic better over laparoscopic (for that particular surgery. ) He said there is less trauma to the body and organs with robotic since the pivot point of the instruments are inside the body, and therefore can be manipulated to do more intricate moves. With lap the instruments are pretty much a straight piece and the dr has to use the weight of his body outside to move them so it's a much less precise way to do surgery, and can cause more trauma to the body.

One of you surgical types on here chime in and let me know if this is true....

Brain Williams did a story about Robotic surgery last night on rock center. I would advise you watch it before doing a robotic surgery. Not trying to scare you but I don't think they tell people all the risk that can come from this.

Yes, I was just going to say this!

I would ask your surgeon some questions like: why do you prefer robotic vs trad. laparoscopic...how many sleeves have you done this way vs other...what are the added risks of robotic...what risks are mitigated w robotic...what type of training did you have to go through on this new tool?

You have to be stupid not to know that any surgery comes with risk' date=' but I have a problem when hospital are pushing this surgery just to recoup cost. An the reason for getting the machine in the first place is not because they think it will benefit patients. But to compete with other hospital and it scary that the maker of this machine is doing all of the pushing, not the medical community.

You might want to do a little more research your self no one is saying the machine is bad. But there are issues that need to be looked into.[/quote']

I don't know who you were referring the stupid comment to...think about the medical advances with new equipment and knowledge. The doctor did not "push" me into this decision. I have been researching surgeons for the last two years...not just by the internet or television programs. I understand the competition between hospitals, as with everything else. Wouldn't a hospital that specializes in bariatrics be the correct to choose? I have asked the surgeon many questions. I call it an interview. I have been in the health care field half my life and insurance/billing for three years. Don't get me started. I have many horror stories but have seen many success.