Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

travelgirl, i CAN'T WAIT FOR SOUPS!!! LOL. i never thought i'd be so excited about soups... i have a little collection going and i keep making visits to the pantry to pet them. "soon, my pretties". :heh:

*KNOCKS* is this thing on?

anyone out there?! i'm sure SOMEONE must have gone through this... really, i'm going nuts over here. any helpful advice?! please?!?

:cry

Hi Silry,

My stomach was gnawing and rumbling and so I went ahead and incorporated the sippable yogurt yesterday. Dr. Miranda said that this could be started as early as day 4. I did start feeling hungry again yesterday, but with three sips of the yogurt I felt full - AMAZING! Tomorrow will be the start of when I can do the Protein Shake and I am thankful for it!

:biggrin1:

I was banded 2/22/07. My stomach is still very tender. I have a hard time getting up and sitting sometimes. Thursday was the worst. I didn't think I as going to be able to get out of the car when we got home--I just started crying because of the pain. My husband has been wonderful. I actually slept in the bed that night propped up on several pillows kind of on my right side. Slept pretty good. Hadn't ate much--the thought of broth makes me cringe--ready for some real soups!!

Hi, Kelsy. I'm on the liquid diet until Monday -- 2 days from now. I have my post surgery checkup on Tuesday. I am so sick of this liquid diet that even when I feel hungry, I don't want to eat. If I never see another can of Slimfast (any chocolate drink!) that will be fine with me. I actually cheated a little today. I took a little Italian Wedding Soup and put it in the Magic Bullet until it was a puree. I ate about 4 tablespoons. I just needed to eat something besides Slimfast, V-8, V-8 Splash, Crystal Light, Water, chicken broth... I've lost 20 lbs since I started the pre-surgery diet and the post surgery diet. I didn't have a problem sticking to the pre-surgery diet, but this post surgery one is killing me. Just 2 more days to go. I probably would cheat more, if I felt better, but I'm afraid of hurting something.

Debbie

i'm using unjury Protein powders. i mix the vanilla with my coffee and the chicken broth flavored with my broth. i'm supposed to be on Clear Liquids up to 8 days after surgery, but at least 4 days. i'm just trying to hang on until day 4!!!

Silry I had the same problem I am now 10 days post op but my surgeon said I could have strained cream Soups from the beginning I put mine in a magic bullet but blender would work then strained the Campbell's select are "GREAT"

they stayed with me longer one I remembered to not drink fluids for 30 min. and that satisfied my hunger and growling belly. I also started eating oatmeal, mashed potatoes after 7 or 8 days it is mushies butt I don't have any problem with them and losing weight good and trying to satisfy my hunger. I do feel some restriction then but nothing on the liquids so I am doing what works for me. I hope this will HELP you good luck.

Terry

I agree with everyone. This liquid stage sucks. I am dreaming of some chunky chicken salad and cucumbers. Tomorrow I start mushies. I cant wait to eat regular food. I am loosing weight though. I am taking eating slow just like the Doctor said. I have at least 5 days of mushies before I can move to soft foods. I didnt have to a pre-op diet, I now feel for the people that did. I cant wait to eat something with substance.

I agree with everyone. This liquid stage sucks. I am dreaming of some chunky chicken salad and cucumbers. Tomorrow I start mushies. I cant wait to eat regular food. I am loosing weight though. I am taking eating slow just like the Doctor said. I have at least 5 days of mushies before I can move to soft foods. I didnt have to a pre-op diet, I now feel for the people that did. I cant wait to eat something with substance.

KHolmes I had to do Liquid pre op diet for 4 wks. The good news is it shrunk my liver and I lost 25 lbs. But it was nasty. I could not think about another CIB shake after surgery so the strain cream Soups were great

Good luck!!

Terry

:faint: I'm 9 days post op and so so so so sick of the liquid phase! My surgeon requires pts to stay on liquids for 3 full weeks after surgery. I'm taking the Profect twice a day and mixing my Protein Powder with non-fat milk to get in the rest of the Protein (have to get in 70 g per day).

But I'm so hungry! I didn't expect to be, but I'm starving and I'm only 9 days into the 3-week cycle! Then I have my follow-up with the surgeon and he will decide whether or not I can go on to pureed foods (mushies). But gosh, I'm terribly sick of the Protein stuff already.

I can have only thin liquids (broth, non-fat milk, Protein Drinks, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles). And I also have head hunger!!!

Any tips from experienced bandsters on how to deal with the hunger issue?

Thanks! Tina D

Our Docs can be so different? EX:

My doc says: week1- thin clear Soups, diet shakes, etc.

week2 (should be weak 2) LOL can still only go to more reg. Soups but no chucks, puddings,etc. Still pretty much clear

I don't think I get into more real foods until 4 weeks?:eek:

Other docs say clear just the 1st 3 or 4 days then pudding a another 4 or so days and then more into normal food by 2nd week?

Wonder why they can be so different?:) :faint:

I had to do Liquid pre op diet for 4 wks. The good news is it shrunk my liver and I lost 25 lbs. But it was nasty.

Congrats! It is hard, but I have lost 9 lbs in 4 days. That is the most I have lost in a few years. It has gotten me motivated to say the least. I am walking around the house at least 30 mins everyday. First it was just to try to get rid of the gas pain (which for me it didnt help a whole lot.) As soon as I am healed I am going to work out on our Bowflex. I am thinking about purchasing an elliptical machine. I prefer them to a regular treadmill.

I am starting to get a little cabin fever. I havent left the yard since the surgery. I was planning on going to Walmart today, but my honey is working overtime today. I cant lift some of the things that I need, ie. 40lb of dog food.

I was banded on 2/7. I am basically able to eat anything. I am not eating as much as I was pre-op but I am eating. I am so anxious to get my first fill. I go for my 4 week check-up this week. I am anxious to see what the Doctor says. For those of you who were banded close to my date, are you able to eat normally? Just wondering.:hungry:

Hi, Kelsy. I'm on the liquid diet until Monday -- 2 days from now. I have my post surgery checkup on Tuesday. I am so sick of this liquid diet that even when I feel hungry, I don't want to eat. If I never see another can of Slimfast (any chocolate drink!) that will be fine with me. I actually cheated a little today. I took a little Italian Wedding Soup and put it in the Magic Bullet until it was a puree. I ate about 4 tablespoons. I just needed to eat something besides Slimfast, V-8, V-8 Splash, Crystal Light, Water, chicken broth... I've lost 20 lbs since I started the pre-surgery diet and the post surgery diet. I didn't have a problem sticking to the pre-surgery diet, but this post surgery one is killing me. Just 2 more days to go. I probably would cheat more, if I felt better, but I'm afraid of hurting something.

Debbie

LOL, I hear that. I had the Tomatoe Soup that comes in the cup (not the can) the other day. Was i supposed to water it down? I dunno.. I feel like i'm doing something wrong.

ALSO - Has anyone had any SF Fudgicles? (sp?) .. I know they have 3gms Protein but are they more like Ice Cream and bad for you?

I was banded on 2/7. I am basically able to eat anything. I am not eating as much as I was pre-op but I am eating. I am so anxious to get my first fill. I go for my 4 week check-up this week. I am anxious to see what the Doctor says. For those of you who were banded close to my date, are you able to eat normally? Just wondering.:hungry:

Hey Freetobe: I was banded Feb 5th. Doc says I still should be on mushies - next week I move to soft foods (chicken salad, tuna, mashed potatoes) I don't know about the food part,,,, but I can down 8oz beverage in about 5 to 10 minutes without thinking. (no restriction or dicomfort involved)

I was banded on 2/7/07. I am on "soft food" now and I'm doing well. I can also have a piece of toast with my egg for Breakfast. The first day I tried it, I only had a couple of bites and it felt like it was stuck in my chest. After that I haven't had any problems with it. I've been eating string cheese eggs and lowfat cottage cheese along with homemade potato Soup and yogurt. I got some chili from Wendy's the other day and put it in my food processer. It didn't look that great, but it really tasted good! I've lost 24 pounds since my pre-op diet, what a great feeling!

I might make some chicken salad today and put it in my food processor today and have it with some crackers.