Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

I am so glad you guys are posting information. It is really helping. I have less than 2 days to go now. I leave tomorrow morning for Denver.

I picked up some applesauce. Would that be considered a full liquid?

I still have a little trouble with applesauce, I think it's more of a mushy. I still can't finish 1/4 cup of it before it feels like I swallowed a golf ball, and even that takes me about 30 minutes.

Thanks travelgirl..I guess I will save the applesauce until I get back.

On my list for full liquids are stuff like low-fat pudding, custard, cooked refined cereals etc. For the pre-made stuff is it usually safe as is or do you have to add liquid to it.

Ummmm.... The pre-made puddings are ok, if you eat them slowly. Cream of Wheat, Grits, and Malt-O-Meal are ok, if you add a little skim milk or Water to them to thin them up a bit. Just GO SLOWLY!!! Take very small bites, and STOP when you're not hungry any more. (notice I didn't say "full") This is very important so you don't stretch your pouch, and you don't dislodge the stitches placed in your stomach to hold the band in place.

Good luck on Tuesday, and make sure you stop by here and let us know how you're doing!

Oh, and GOOD LUCK to everyone being banded this week!!

Hi Everyone!

My stomach is very itchy around the suture sites. Is anyone else having this problem, any solution? There is no rash it just is driving me crazy with the itchiness. I have tried lotion, baby oil, aveeno cream... nothing is working....help???

:help:

I am so glad you guys are posting information. It is really helping. I have less than 2 days to go now. I leave tomorrow morning for Denver.

I picked up some applesauce. Would that be considered a full liquid?

Applesauce isn't a full liquid. Full liquid=jello, broth/consomme, Protein Drink, juice. That's it.

Hi Everyone!

My stomach is very itchy around the suture sites. Is anyone else having this problem, any solution? There is no rash it just is driving me crazy with the itchiness. I have tried lotion, baby oil, aveeno cream... nothing is working....help???

:help:

I guess you'd yell at me if I said, "scratch", wouldn't you?:)

itchy means its healing!! i read your post and had to post too. I was banded the 13, and mine are all really itchy too. makes me crazy. I wouldnt put anything on them that could infect them if they are still open anywhere. just know you are healing, and soon you wont have any bandages! woohoo!

Right on Sandy! Man it seems like there were aLOT of us this month eh? are you itchy too?

WHEN can we eat a creamy Soup? ?? im starving! ahhahhh!

I've been lucky without a lot of itching sensation, but it does mean it's healing, so it's good. It was great to finally take a shower and get the large gauze pads off.

As for applesauce, I've had a bit myself, but I put just a TINY bit in my mouth and washed it down with apple juice.< /p>

The Dr's guidelines are good and conservative and should work for most any body and worth following. My wife (banded in Oct) moved a little faster than the guidelines and did fine, it's really a matter of chewing well and not over doing it while you are still swollen and tight post-op.

Small amounts of Yogurt has done well for me too.

On the list the nutritionist gave me it lists those as clear liquids.

Some examples of my full liquids are non-fat milk, non-fat smoothies, low-fat pudding, low-fat custard, cooked refined cereals, strained creamed Soups, etc.

You know what? You're right... I think the word "liquid" still scares me since I graduated to 'mushies'

Tracy & all Put me down as one of the Feb2007 group. I had my surgery on Feb 14th - even the Valentine Storm 32" of snow couldn't stop me here in Vermont. I'm four days out now and feeling so much better as every day goes by. Would love to keep in conctact with y'all as I feel we are now family.