Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that many of the meds can be crushed or found in liquid. I was wondering if any of you just swallow them whole anyway without problems. My wife had gastric bypass last year and they have to take a whole handleful of Vitamins everyday and they were told to do the same thing, crush or liquid. She finally gave up trying to get all of her meds switched and just started swallowing them whole without problems. She just gets a bit of a tummy ache if she does it on a empty stomach.

Thanks

My doctor said I could take pills as long as they are the same size or smaller than a tylenol tablet. In the beginning I cut all pills in either halves or quarters but now I swallow them whole. I still take chewable vitamins though.

Mine are all a little bigger than tylenol, kind of long shaped but I don't have any problems. I am just right fill wise and still have no problem. I take the flintstones gummi bear Vitamins, they're delicious.

I was just banded 6 days ago. I take a pill daily- I crushed it the first day...NASTY. I checked into a liquid form (250$ for a months worth) and finally I just took it whole with a sip of water....No problems! It probably just depends on the size and type. Talk your doctor and your pharmacist. Good luck!

I tried to take an allegra 9 days post op- thought I was going to die it hurt so bad. I feel like I had a lot of restriction at first though. So maybe you could do it. Since then I am so scared to try it I have had my scrip changed into a liquid form, they mix it at the apothecary shop. Ins. pays for it too. Same price as pills. It still tastes nasty though.

Kris

I take 8 different pills of various sizes and shapes and have not had much trouble. The first week, I was feeling a little indigestion afterward, and my doctor suggested taking them at night instead of in the morning, as the band is usually tighter in the morning. I started doing that, and have not had any more problems. Hope that helps!

258h/248s/231c/140g

banded Nov. 30,06

Dr. James Smith, Pueblo, CO

So long as you don't have really tight restriction - a small pill should work. Anything bigger than a tylenol caplet, I break in half.

Just don't do that with a time release med without consulting your pharmacist. They will tell you if crushing or cutting a pill could harm you...

Good luck!

I've crushed and mix them in small Protein Shake. Seem better than to have to deal with tummy pain.

I am post op 5 days, now. I was in pain in the hospital, and the nurse brought me round percodane, 2 of them. I was like, do you expect me to swallow these? Yes!, Shouldnt l have liquid? This is what he ordered. I was in so much pain, I broke them in half, she looked at me like l was nuts, and did fine. I am now on Tylenol white pills, seem fine so far, I take my meds every day. About 5 pills and unless they are all still sitting in my pouch, then they are going down ok. So, that is me..geri