Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body rejecting the band?

I was actually trying to help you, but you seem to be convinced by the upmost ethical nature of these doctors, so I will let it be....

By the way, my brother died from GB, and during the decline the doctor had many, many doctors consult, all just as incompetent or just to cover his ass. Why? Because he wanted as many people as possible to testify later that they didn't see anything wrong with what he had done or was doing. You know they did exactly that, even after looking back over everything, the bunch of idiots saw nothing wrong.

Funny, we hired a lawyer, and he got a real expert on GB to look at everything. It took him 20 minutes to tell us why my brother died and why he should never even have had the surgery. You know what the hospital did after seeing his deposition and findings? Paid my family 600,000 dollars for the obvious screw up they made.

But, hey believe what you want, and don't post a position or statement if you don't think people should question it, or wonder why you are saying it....that is forum 101. If you just want to say anything and not have people say anything back, you should definitely not post on a forum ever again.

I guess we were typing at the same time.

Notice how similar the response is?????

Think about it.

Have you gotten checked for lymes disease. Sounds alot like the symtems and they actually have to test for it to find out if its there. They cant just find it but actually have to look for it.

Jim

I wanted to write to say that I think this is happening to me also. I was banded in June 08, then in Oct 08 I started with inflammation in eye muscles, after several doctors, medication, surgery for biopsy of muscle behind the eye, it is all leading to an immune disorder, which I haven't had anything like this before. Now have double vision and dr talking about another surgery on eye for it and then looking back this all started after the band, then in December I had the band unfilled and my eye improved, I had that done because of the steriods. went back and refilled it in March and now the eye is worse since April, have had every test I can think of, MRIs, CT scans, blood work out the yeng-yang, and all still coming up with immune disorder??. I really think it is the band and I have a call into the dr to set up to remove it. I am tired all the time, joints are killing me, swelling in my feet, back hurting, and this double vision is driving me nuts.

Hi Everyone--

Calling on anyone who can help me out. I am seriously wondering if I am developing some type of auto immune rejection thing toward my band.

I was banded in 7-05, since 7-06, I have had numerous issues--stomach/abdominal/pelvic pain, joint pain, swelling, ie. I have had numerous tests and labs. Results are still pending for some, but my band and stomach appear to be normal. No erosion, no ulcers, no apparent slippage. I have been unfilled since 7-06. I have a little bit of restriction in my unfilled state. Don't think I've lost weight--maybe a little, but am sure I've at least maintained my weight loss.

I've never felt so crappy, overall, though. I felt much better when I was fat, or rather fatter--at least in the physical sense.

Anyone else had this or suspected this?:cry

I see these are old post but I need help.I was banded in 2009. I have had a huge distended stomach after my surgery and plastic surgery. I have had all test Egd, Colonoscopy and ultrasound and blood work. It all shows normal, no erosion of band no slippage. I am in constant pain.

So does this sound like rejection of the band. I don't know what other test/research I need to do.

Can anyone give me some advice if you have gone thru this?

Thank you

D

I think that you are not clearly seeing the writing on the wall. whether it is lapband, sleeve, or any other surgery. These are only TOOLS to get you to change your eating habits and change your weight and life. Regardless what surgery you choose, the result is what you do with making a life change in eating. I realize that some people might reject a foreign object in their body like the band. My body rejected a screw put in my foot after surgery and I had to have it removed, so your doctor knows best what caused your problem. Do what you have to and good luck.