Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone in 1 week post-op, I've posted before about my Protein shakes making me sick. So I obviously haven't been getting any real Protein.< /p>

But have any of you been hungry? I'm like starving and I want some chicken. Or turkey. I'm like going crazy.

You could try thinning down your Protein Shakes a little more. I find they settle better with the new tummy when they're thinner. Don't taste as good, but small price to pay for no tummy ache :)

My doctor told me not to be super concerned about my protien the first few weeks focus on fluids, i found that making " mock hot cocoa" helped i used skimmilk and heated it up then put in a paket of sf carnation Breakfast its was 150 cals and 14 protien so not bad. It helped me out cause i think the shake stuff is gross. And its thinner and didnt make me sick. Hope that helps.

My nut took me off the Protein Shakes. So I'm to drink 4 bottles of g2, because I was super dehydrated.

I couldn't stomach Protein Shakes after surgery either. But I can drink chicken broth with unflavored Protein Powder, and you can make sugar-free Jello, and sugar-free fat free puddings with Protein powder. Good luck with your recovery. You'll get there!

So happy to hear that not only me hate those Protein Shakes. I just can't swallow them. Got some good ideas from y'all. So glad I joined. I feel like a mad scientist in the kitchen right now! Any other ideas will be so appreciated.

Have you tried the ready-to-drink Muscle Milk? I find it far more palatable than the powders. A little high in carbs, but at least it's something!

Have you tried the ready-to-drink Muscle Milk? I find it far more palatable than the powders. A little high in carbs' date=' but at least it's something![/quote']

Yes, tried that one too. I've taken to adding a little unflavored Protein to whatever it is I'm drinking.

My shakes turned on me on Day 9 post-op. Tried them again on Day 10 and 13. I'm going to stop them for a bit. I actually love my shakes, a Protein powder called "Oh Yeah" but for a reason I do not understand, they suddenly started to make me feel ooky. No other word for it. Even though I "graduated" to soft foods yesterday, I had planned on continuing with one shake (I've been having a shake for b-fast for months).

For pure Protein, I recommend Genesis Today Protein 100 - that's a clear liquid. 60 calories per 15g protein, no carb, no fat; Syntech Fuzzy Navel is around the same.

I saw my NUT on Day 9 and told her about the ooky shake that morning. She suggested I try a different brand for a while. Having now proven to myself that the shakes are, indeed, making me feel officially ooky, I think I might.

Hey everyone in 1 week post-op' date=' I've posted before about my Protein shakes making me sick. So I obviously haven't been getting any real Protein.

But have any of you been hungry? I'm like starving and I want some chicken. Or turkey. I'm like going crazy.[/quote']

Hey, I can't tolerate the drinks so I had physical high protein milk, yogurt and custard. I mix in skim milk powder for extra protein and benefibre wherever possible. I moved onto vegetable Soup with added chicken and pumpkin Soup with added skim milk. Now I'm week 3-4 and I've been blending meat, tuna casserole and kebab sticks. I'm able to tolerate soft foods but I don't eat much. Ie lucky to eat half a kebab etc. hope that helps

Today I'm 4 weeks post-op. Still no Protein drinks. But I'm eating food...

I can basically eat anything except breads... :) although I've noticed that I get bad reflux with Hamburg meat. So I try to stay away from that

After surgery, my tummy wouldn't tolerate any sweet Protein Drinks, so I used unflavored Protein powder in chicken broth, and it worked well. Perhaps it would work for you. the first few weeks, I put the unflavored protein powder in lots of things, just to get it in. Jello, sugar-free puddings, yogurt, pureed veggies. Good luck with your journey. Carol