Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 or so hours until surgery

Hi everyone,

I am about 30 hours until my surgery and just looking for any last minute tips, encouragement, support etc. I am so anxious but I really can't wait for this to happen too!

Everyone on this board os so encouraging! Thanks for being here.

~Kay

i had my band last fri. down in mexico and i dont know how much you have lost bet my dr. said go have a nice dinner and relax. one thing i saw was that there where a few people who did a last meal!!!thy got drunk and ate one big old dinner and cake and ice cream and god knows what other things they had a real bad time after the op. i had a 1/2 cup of Soup and grilled chicken breast and veggies and did real good .so drink lots of Water and this is the start of a new life. i thing what was i thinking doing it at this time of year but now is the day to start ..god bless

good luck

darrell

Hi everyone,

I am about 30 hours until my surgery and just looking for any last minute tips, encouragement, support etc. I am so anxious but I really can't wait for this to happen too!

Everyone on this board os so encouraging! Thanks for being here.

~Kay

kay-

good luck with your surgery! how exciting for you-we'll all be praying for you and waiting to hear from you when you are back on LBT! can't wait to hear how it went!

Good luck, Kay- you're going to do fine! Take a deep breath and it will be all over before you know it!

Mary

Hey Kay,

I know what you are going through. I'm 20.5 hours away (but who's counting right? :) I'm really nervous, really excited and trying to figure out what last minute details to take care of. AHHHHhhhh here we go!!

Good luck!

I just had my surgery last Monday, and I have to say that one of the hardest things was the sitting around and waiting once I got to the hospital, especially the hour or so in the preop area, where family can only visit for a little while (at least where I was). I brought a couple of trashy gossip magazines like US weekly and People and got lost in those pretty quickly. That helped. You also could make a tape or cd of some relaxing music and bring headphones, or if you have an Ipod make a playlist of chillout stuff, listen to it while you wait.

Also make sure you bring chapstick, it was the first thing I wanted once I was awake. My lips were SOOO dry.

Best of luck, it will be over before you know it.

KayDotRN

You will be sooo fine....The hardest part is the waiting...waiting to go into hospital, waiting to be taken into theater after prep...but before you know it you will wake up and all the waiting will be over...Best wishes and I look forward to hearing of your progress.

:) becky

I agree- the waiting makes you crazy! It will be over b4 you know it. Make sure you have plenty of popsicles! Best of luck! Suzy:biggrin1:

Hey Kay,

I'll be right behind you - tuesday morning. Pave the way girl. I'm a little nervous but only because it's real surgery and there is always a risk. Can't wait to start a new life! :)

Kay, my fellow Ma very soon to be bandster,you will do sooo great!!! Try to get some sleep tonight if you can and soon enough you will be an offical member of the band.