Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November/06 Bandsters 1st challenge!

Hi all November Bandsters!!! Hope the Holiday season is treating you well. Since we are new to the band and it is the holidays, our first challenge will be very easy.

Drink as close as possible 64 oz of Water a day at least 4 times a week for the rest of December

Do at least 15 minutes of any cardio exercise including walking, dancing, etc. at least 4 times a week.

Find ways at a party to avoid the food table and then be as healthy as possible when you do go there :eek:

There, that is it...easy!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sounds like a great challenge. I am in! Although I don't want to cheat my ticker is not right it should be 220 now but I can not get it changed for some reason?? So at least the correct weight is here.

So will we be doing this just for ourselves and keping track or posting in a journal or what? Thanks!

Sounds like a great challenge. I am in! Although I don't want to cheat my ticker is not right it should be 220 now but I can not get it changed for some reason?? So at least the correct weight is here.

So will we be doing this just for ourselves and keping track or posting in a journal or what? Thanks!

Just post it on this thread...how you are doing, if it is difficult, etc. support and results! What I do on my tickertape is that I go back and redo it each time....it seems to be easier than trying to figure out how to change the number! It only let me do it once!

I exercised 15 minutes this morning...dancing.... and walked a bit also. Good with my Water, but it is hard to get it in between meals since we have to wait.

LAst night party, tonight party! OMG so challenging! But at least I did have Water....and my cals barely got to 1000 clas for the whole day!! It would have been about 3000 before the band!

Today I will need to walk a bit more!

Hi November bandsters......

I have not checked in for a while.

Last Thursday was my first official day of "real food" and not "liquid food". It did not go well. I ended up having what I now know was a PB.....and that was followed by severe vomiting for an hour or two. It was bad news.

The next day I was able to drink liquids until lunchtime. Then, I tried to eat again and again, the food got stuck.

By the end of lunchtime on Friday, I could not even keep liquids down. I called my doctor and he asked me to stop drinking and eating anything until Saturday morning and check back in with him. Well, by Saturday morning I was able to tolerate liquids again.

The doctor thinks that perhaps I got pretty swollen from the stuck chicken on Thursday and asked me to do another week of liquids.........ugh!! I thought that 3 weeks of liquids would never end -- so this is going to be a challenge. However, I guess I am lucky in that I still feel relatively full with liquids -- so it is not killing me. I just hope that I did not do any permanent damage to the band.

So, My modified challenge is to get some exercise in since I'm clearly getting all the Water in since I cannot eat yet. I haven't gotten on my treadmill since surgery. My port pain is finally gone and I feel pretty decent....so this is a good thread as it will remind me to actually start exercising. If I can fit it in this week -- right before the holiday, I can fit it in anytime.

Hope you are all doing well. Catch up with you soon,

Kathy

Hi November bandsters......

I have not checked in for a while.

Last Thursday was my first official day of "real food" and not "liquid food". It did not go well. I ended up having what I now know was a PB.....and that was followed by severe vomiting for an hour or two. It was bad news.

The next day I was able to drink liquids until lunchtime. Then, I tried to eat again and again, the food got stuck.

By the end of lunchtime on Friday, I could not even keep liquids down. I called my doctor and he asked me to stop drinking and eating anything until Saturday morning and check back in with him. Well, by Saturday morning I was able to tolerate liquids again.

The doctor thinks that perhaps I got pretty swollen from the stuck chicken on Thursday and asked me to do another week of liquids.........ugh!! I thought that 3 weeks of liquids would never end -- so this is going to be a challenge. However, I guess I am lucky in that I still feel relatively full with liquids -- so it is not killing me. I just hope that I did not do any permanent damage to the band.

So, My modified challenge is to get some exercise in since I'm clearly getting all the Water in since I cannot eat yet. I haven't gotten on my treadmill since surgery. My port pain is finally gone and I feel pretty decent....so this is a good thread as it will remind me to actually start exercising. If I can fit it in this week -- right before the holiday, I can fit it in anytime.

Hope you are all doing well. Catch up with you soon,

Kathy

Why didn't you do mushies first? chicken is too hard for first time after liquids... you can cook it and blend it to a mushie.... also white meat is more difficult to get down. remember...chew, chew, chew, and then chew some more before swallowing. Good luck!

I did not have any specific instructions to do "mushies". I progressed from liquids, to creamy Soups, to thicker liquids that could still fit through a straw. So, I wasn't really warned against trying certain foods. Also, I had been in touch with other patients that were banded at the same clinic.....and they were eating the same types of things I had tried on Friday. I really did not expect a problem. I did eat the dark meat of the chicken......thought that would be better. Also, I did chew and chew......I don't think all the chewing in the world could have allowed me to avoid this. I just don't think I was ready for that type of food. That is why the doctor asked me to go back to liquids for a solid week -- suspecting that I'm still swollen and healing from surgery.

Kathy

I did not have any specific instructions to do "mushies". I progressed from liquids, to creamy Soups, to thicker liquids that could still fit through a straw. So, I wasn't really warned against trying certain foods. Also, I had been in touch with other patients that were banded at the same clinic.....and they were eating the same types of things I had tried on Friday. I really did not expect a problem. I did eat the dark meat of the chicken......thought that would be better. Also, I did chew and chew......I don't think all the chewing in the world could have allowed me to avoid this. I just don't think I was ready for that type of food. That is why the doctor asked me to go back to liquids for a solid week -- suspecting that I'm still swollen and healing from surgery.

Kathy

In a couple of days allow yourself baby food consistency food... pudding is good, Soup with chicken or beef an veggies blended but thicker in consistency than Soup so it kind of looks like a nice mushy banana...which by the way is good all mashed up with milk and a bit of sweetner. after a week or so of mushies try something a little more solid, maybe banana not mashed up, or very soft cooked veggies like carrots and see what happens... also tiny bites about the size of a dime or less.

I'm in for the challenge too. I had my first fill today (3ccs in a 10cc band). I haven't even started eating solids yet...I've been having a massive craving for spagetti (my Dr allows it). Come Wednesday, I'm going to give it a try and see how I go.

I must go find out how much 64oz is in mils/litres so I can keep up (I'm Australian!)

I am in ...Just had my first fill of 2cc in a 4cc band ..And what a diffrence ...Man oh Man this is going to be a learning experience that is for sure

Okay. I am going to try this challenge. I haven't posted in a while to the Nov bandsters, I can't keep up with everyone. There are so many of us!!! I had my first fill last tuesday, dec 12. I have lost like 6 lbs this week. I can't eat any kinds of meat, not chicken, not tuna, not sliced beef, not nothing. I can't eat bread. I don't think I am getting enough Protein, I can only stand a shake a day, i don't feel like I am getting enough solids. I have been avoiding solids now, so I am going back for an unfill wednesday. I can only have like 3 SMALL bites of anything. I don't think its supposed to be like this. I guess I am losing the weight, so thats all that matters. Well, not its not. Since I am still so full from my "meals" I can't get enough Water either. Yep, definitely an unfill.

I have been drinking as much Water as I can, does anyone like Fiji water? its great!!!

Kristi

4cc band

.5 cc at surgery, 11-1

1cc added 12-12

going to have some taken out

Hi everyone!

Let's keep track... How is evryone doing so far? Let's also keep track on the Nov. Bandsters thread. I lost weight..... I am down to 203!!!!!!!! :faint:

Doing well with Water and yesterday I walked alot due to work and a 12 hr shift!