Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I use 2 scoops of muscle milk light, but only because each scoop is 12.5 grams of Protein and I want 25 grams of protein. The gelled chia seeds do tend to thicken the shake up and also captures the flavor well with 8-10 oz of Water.< /p>

What is a good Protein shake for the morning?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Insopure vanilla

. Insopure vanilla w Chrystal light orange packet taste like a cream sickle

Well, beggars can't be choosers so, I will probably end up drinking the bullets in an emergency.

Today, I found out men can digest 40 g of Protein per serving. News to me. I always thought it was 30 g for both men and women. Women are still advised to max out at 30 g. Men and women should not go over these limits or risk storing the extra Protein as fat. Time to start doubling up the protein scoops to hit 40 g per dose.

We want to achieve 1-1.5 g gram of protein per lean body mass to build up muscle after reaching goal. Before goal, it is better to achieve 1 g protein per lean body mass to prevent wasting of muscle.

before I started strength training that would have meant 189g of Protein, NOW (grumble grumble) it means 195g protein (WTF). Either way, I am just not able to hit those numbers, I've been TDEE/IIFYMing for over 2 weeks now and can barely muster 1150/1200 cals and about 95g protein. Sadly it is very easy to hit and exceed the carb #, I average about 70g carbs daily *hangs head* IM STARTED TO GET REALLY FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chike High Protein + Energy Iced coffee and Chike banana Magic are both delicious! 28g of protein per 7 oz. for the Banana Magic and 20g protein for the iced coffee. I just tried Chike 7 mths out and it is my new favorite! I ordered the sample pack 1st off their website and then ordered a tub from Amazon (a little cheaper shipping cost). This is the only powdered protein I have tried that mixes completely, absolutely no clumping. Sooo good!

Today' date=' I found out men can digest 40 g of Protein per serving. News to me. I always thought it was 30 g for both men and women. Women are still advised to max out at 30 g. Men and women should not go over these limits or risk storing the extra Protein as fat. Time to start doubling up the protein scoops to hit 40 g per dose.

We want to achieve 1-1.5 g gram of protein per lean body mass to build up muscle after reaching goal. Before goal, it is better to achieve 1 g protein per lean body mass to prevent wasting of muscle.[/quote']

Where did you find this info?

Where did you find this info?

Gleaned it from a rep at Vitamin Shoppe.

OK - so I have been thinking about how to increase Protein up to the sweet spot of eating 1.5 g per 1 lb body weight. For me that is about 240 g Protein a day.

I get about 150 now and am eating 6 x s day heavily focused on 25-40 g protein a meal. Sometimes I sneak in an extra meal for 7 meals a day. My weight is slightly dropping about 3 lbs a week on this eating plan and lean muscle mass is increasing, but would definitely grow slightly if eating TDEE + 200 calories.

The big100 bars have 28-32 oz g protein per bar and about 400 calories each. It would be a way to also get calories closer to TDEE. Drinking 2 scoops instead of 1 scoop will help get 40-50 g protein per shake.

I never thought it would be so hard to eat enough. It might also help to eat smaller meals every waking hour (instead of every 3 hours).

Let's see, assuming awake for 15 hours then that works out to be 3 meals of 40 g (either big 100 bars or higher calorie shakes that are 32 oz or higher) and 9 meals of 15 g equaling 120 g + 130 g = 250 g of protein. That works out to be 250 x 4 cal/g = 1000 cal. Another 1200 calories would be split between good fats and carbs. Not sure how to play it out yet.

I think I am going to need some help with figuring how to eat 240 g protein daily with also eating the right amount of good carb and fats to total around 2300 calories.

My goal is to build up my body so want to eat about 2300 calories a day or 200 calories more then my TDEE of 2100.

I do workout 6 x a week. 3 days of intense lifting for about 45 minutes, 2 days of cross fit for an hour and 1 day of circuit training for 1 hour. The last day contains "easy" exercise that is not intense.

This is complicated and expensive. Phew. Help?

before I started strength training that would have meant 189g of protein' date=' NOW (grumble grumble) it means 195g Protein (WTF). Either way, I am just not able to hit those numbers, I've been TDEE/IIFYMing for over 2 weeks now and can barely muster 1150/1200 cals and about 95g Protein. Sadly it is very easy to hit and exceed the carb #, I average about 70g carbs daily *hangs head* IM STARTED TO GET REALLY FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Ok so what is TDEE and IFFYMing?

OK - so I have been thinking about how to increase Protein up to the sweet spot of eating 1.5 g per 1 lb body weight. For me that is about 240 g Protein a day.

I get about 150 now and am eating 6 x s day heavily focused on 25-40 g protein a meal. Sometimes I sneak in an extra meal for 7 meals a day. My weight is slightly dropping about 3 lbs a week on this eating plan and lean muscle mass is increasing, but would definitely grow slightly if eating TDEE + 200 calories.

The big100 bars have 28-32 oz g protein per bar and about 400 calories each. It would be a way to also get calories closer to TDEE. Drinking 2 scoops instead of 1 scoop will help get 40-50 g protein per shake.

I never thought it would be so hard to eat enough. It might also help to eat smaller meals every waking hour (instead of every 3 hours).

Let's see, assuming awake for 15 hours then that works out to be 3 meals of 40 g (either big 100 bars or higher calorie shakes that are 32 oz or higher) and 9 meals of 15 g equaling 120 g + 130 g = 250 g of protein. That works out to be 250 x 4 cal/g = 1000 cal. Another 1200 calories would be split between good fats and carbs. Not sure how to play it out yet.

I think I am going to need some help with figuring how to eat 240 g protein daily with also eating the right amount of good carb and fats to total around 2300 calories.

My goal is to build up my body so want to eat about 2300 calories a day or 200 calories more then my TDEE of 2100.

I do workout 6 x a week. 3 days of intense lifting for about 45 minutes, 2 days of cross fit for an hour and 1 day of circuit training for 1 hour. The last day contains "easy" exercise that is not intense.

This is complicated and expensive. Phew. Help?

Fiddle, I'm surprised you haven't gone Paleo yet, your caloric and protein needs coupled with your energy output are right in line with their ethos which is, our bodies haven't really changed much in the last 20,000 years and still operate at optimum levels when fed high protein in a grazing style. As for your protein and caloric needs - man I don't know, but I guess hourly grazing is probably the only way you are going to get it all in, but then, how will you get in your Water? Or have you abandoned the don't drink 30 minutes before and after eating policy?

Fiddle' date=' I'm surprised you haven't gone Paleo yet, your caloric and Protein needs coupled with your energy output are right in line with their ethos which is, our bodies haven't really changed much in the last 20,000 years and still operate at optimum levels when fed high Protein in a grazing style. As for your protein and caloric needs - man I don't know, but I guess hourly grazing is probably the only way you are going to get it all in, but then, how will you get in your Water? Or have you abandoned the don't drink 30 minutes before and after eating policy?[/quote']

I have gone pretty much Paleo a few months ago, but in a modified sense. I eat dense lean muscles and organic leafy vegetables and shun dairy, sugar and processed foods for the most part. The exception is that I will have a little milk in my coffee and I take supplements to boost my nutritional needs like green and Protein drinks. I also do not see how the AMRAP bar which I love to eat after Cross fit and is deemed Paleo, is, in fact, Paleo because of its processed nature. Go figure. No matter, I enjoy it fore recovery food and it is made from organic materials including a raw honey sweetener.

I drink a lot of Water in between eating, about 1.5 gallons a day. However, you are right, I would find it challenging to drink the same amounts if following a strict rules no liquids 30 minutes before and 45 minutes after. I would need to be uber strict about timed eating and do not think I would have the discipline to eat precisely like that. Now I am pretty good with waiting to ink 45 minutes after eating, but am little lax on the not drinking 30 minutes before rule.

I love Chike chocolate and Matrix Mint Cooke. The Syntrax chocolate and vanilla are good, too!