Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve on the 7th of May. On Friday I was doing well. Very little gas pain. I was the closest I have gotten yet to 64oz of liquid and 70g of Protein. Yesterday however was the start of a set back. I had really bad pains yesterday and it feels like I am stuffing myself to even have a sip of liquid. It takes me all day just to force down 20oz Isopure. I am not feeling any better today. I walk every 2 hours for 15 minutes, I use the little breathing thing every 4 hours, no solids all liquid per my surgeon. I have done everything that has been asked of me. What am I doing wrong? Is this normal? The way I feel I can't get enough liquids in to stay hydrated and not enough protein to heal. Should I be worried?

I am a week out, and actually yesterday was my worst day ever..... for the life of me I can not figured out how I wnet downhill over night it seemed..... as for my instructions I was told to concentrate on making sure I get my Water or Clear Liquids in first, and that it was fine for me to wait until one week out to try to start adding shakes back in to the mix, every surgeon is different, I am blessed I am having no troubles getting the Water down and feeling better today..... really perked up.

I am having troubles sleeping..... BUY A NEW mattress should have been on my pre op list.

I am curious is the Isopure as bad as everyone says... I hear it is great for the counts but so many say is is YUKKO.... my surgeon also recommended Isopure.

Isopure is not bad. I like the coconut flavor pretty well. They key to it is to keep it cold. I can relate to the how so I regress thoughts. sleeping has been pretty good for me. I am a side sleeper however and that does not work well for me. If I sleep in my back I am in good shape. I wake up a couple of times a night, readjust my position and fall right back to sleep.

Isopure liquid in a bottle is a lot better than those powdered shakes, they are horrible. You can get the no carb isopure at the Vitamin Shoppe. 20 oz bottles is 2 servings. I prefer the punch flavor.

Isopure in the glass bottle is the best. Definitely drink very cold. Sometimes I freeze a little to make it slushy. Apple Melon is a good flavor. Also, you're entering the healing phase of your surgery and sometimes the second week can be harder....it was for me. Be gentle with yourself and remember you had major surgery. Rest, walk a little, and rest. Wear your favorite PJs....don't try to over do things....no marathons in eating...slow and steady. Each day gets better.

I'm day 10 post op and didn't have these issues. :( I'm sorry that you are! In fact, after the first 3 days, I was able to drink normally, didn't have to sip.

I had my sleeve on the 7th of May. On Friday I was doing well. Very little gas pain. I was the closest I have gotten yet to 64oz of liquid and 70g of Protein. Yesterday however was the start of a set back. I had really bad pains yesterday and it feels like I am stuffing myself to even have a sip of liquid. It takes me all day just to force down 20oz Isopure. I am not feeling any better today. I walk every 2 hours for 15 minutes' date=' I use the little breathing thing every 4 hours, no solids all liquid per my surgeon. I have done everything that has been asked of me. What am I doing wrong? Is this normal? The way I feel I can't get enough liquids in to stay hydrated and not enough Protein to heal. Should I be worried?[/quote']

I had my sleeve the same day, today I am feeling so bloated and uncomfortable, I have been doing my best to get my protein goal but it seems impossible. I talked to one of the nurses this morning, he told me don't worry if you can't get your protein in, just be sure to drink at least 640z and in a couple of days when I switch to puréed foods it will be easier. So today i cut back on the protein and focused on the liquid, and feeling better. i am still really sore but doing my best to be positive.

I had my sleeve on the 7th of May. On Friday I was doing well. Very little gas pain. I was the closest I have gotten yet to 64oz of liquid and 70g of Protein. Yesterday however was the start of a set back. I had really bad pains yesterday and it feels like I am stuffing myself to even have a sip of liquid. It takes me all day just to force down 20oz Isopure. I am not feeling any better today. I walk every 2 hours for 15 minutes' date=' I use the little breathing thing every 4 hours, no solids all liquid per my surgeon. I have done everything that has been asked of me. What am I doing wrong? Is this normal? The way I feel I can't get enough liquids in to stay hydrated and not enough Protein to heal. Should I be worried?[/quote']

I have one question for all those that are having problems days out... (Warning). Has anyone pooped....I know I was feeling a little stuffed and I went back and read my docs instruction and it reminded me that I was to take milk of magnesia to help the flow... Now I'm having a better low and I'm not feeling the bloating and tuff feeling and I'm able to get all my stuff down... By the way 9 days post op

I have one question for all those that are having problems days out... (Warning). Has anyone pooped....I know I was feeling a little stuffed and I went back and read my docs instruction and it reminded me that I was to take milk of magnesia to help the flow... Now I'm having a better low and I'm not feeling the bloating and tuff feeling and I'm able to get all my stuff down... By the way 9 days post op

Yes, I am having bowel movements, I'm wondering if the bloating and uncomfortable feeling mat be due to the fact that I am using Crystal Light lemonade, I only use a half packet to a 32oz mug, maybe the acid is doing it. I am going to drink plain Water tomorrow to see if it helps.

Actually last night and today, I have had diarrhea. I did have 1solid BM post op. I am going to call my Dr tomorrow. I need to set up my 2 week post op appointment anyway. I will let you know what I find out.

Yes' date=' I am having bowel movements, I'm wondering if the bloating and uncomfortable feeling mat be due to the fact that I am using Crystal Light lemonade, I only use a half packet to a 32oz mug, maybe the acid is doing it. I am going to drink plain Water tomorrow to see if it helps.[/quote']

Ok the other helper could be gas x chewable... Many people on here says it helps and when I get bloated from something I drink.. I take it and feel better....