Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

lunch at work is almost always a Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones. I find the ones that come with broccoli instead of rice or Pasta. I eat fat free cottage cheese a lot for a snack.....1/2 c has only 80 calories and 12g Protein (i think it is a perfect snack) I like it with a spoon of sugarfree Orange marmalade stirred in!

Thank You! I have never thought about putting marmalade in cottage cheese. I normally don't like cottage cheese but that sounds good! I love those Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones too and I am thrilled they finally came out with low carb frozen meals. It sounds like I need to up my veggies, too.

Thanks again.

Hello everyone:

I've gotten better with my eating - I'm still on my creamy liquids stage. I had some potatoe Soup w/ garlic and herb sauce. It was very tasty - I only ate the small pieces of potatoes. The larger ones I spit out and gave to the dog.

I read the reason why we shouldn't eat food during this stage and I also read that the damaged doesn't show up right away. I'm not to scared because I made sure that I chewed the food I ate very well and I was drinking when I was eating it.

The reason they don't want us to eat and drink is because the food is so mushy that if you drink also it washes it straight through the stoma in to the stomach and you don't get the full feel.

I did just that ate a little bit then, drunk some Water, ate some more then more water.

I can't afford to be without this band. I have gone back to creamy Soups - I am trying to do right.

One thing that I found for some reason to feel more like a treat during this stage was egg flower Soup. I got really tired of all the creamy Soups I could buy in the store, so I went to a Chinese restaraunt and got a large egg flower soup. I kept what I didn't eat in the fridge and it lasted about 3 days. My doctor told me if it had anything in it besides the broth and the egg, like peas, to spit them out.

You can have drinkable yogurt too. They come in a lot of flavors and taste pretty good. They seemed to keep me full longer.

BGB glad to see you on the board - haven't talked to you since I got banded - I know you had a lot going on. Glad to see your restriction kicked in - I have a follow appt today, I start my "Thicker" liquids today. Although I did cheat last night - My kids made pizzas with crescent rolls, and I actually had some - had no problems eating it either. I don't know if that is good or bad.

I am glad to hear you are doing so well!!!

I have been on less due to the countdown to my step daughters wedding in a week. My father in law is coming tomorrow for the week so I am sure I will have even less time to come here!!:faint:

I miss you guys though!!!

audree, I got 1.7 cc when I went on the 19th. I don't know how they decide the amount since my travel buddy, Cara, got 1.3 cc right after me. I forgot the OCC fill doctor's name but he seems to know what he's doing. I hope I won't need a fill for awhile but he did say that it depends to an extent on how fast you lose the weight. Anyway, I'm slowly losing, about one or two a week if I'm very very good.:-)

His name is Dr. Romero. He gave me 1.2 cc's. He told me to come back in 8 weeks.

I find i am eating a lot less and am not to hungry anymore. But, if I get hungry again and stop losing, I will bug them until they give me anothr one!!

I went with hubby to doctor today, they released him to go back to work next week yaa! We have about drove each other nuts after a year of him off work. lol but anyway workerscomp is suppose to settle in 20 days after he released to work that would be march 28 , ok pray its big enough to go to ortiz. Oh I need passport, how long will that take? gonna try and get that done tommorro,sent off and all. Audrey I trust you have been and still are praying.

Yes!!!!! Pray without ceasing!!!

Hi!!!

I was told to stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime and drink Water during that time to make sure your pouch is cleaned out before you lay down.This happened to me with coffee the other night too.It's weird that this has never happened the whole year I've been banded.Anyways I started myself on Prevacid once a day for a week.I've read too many people post about losing thier band after having episodes of acid reflux.:paranoid

That is scary!!! I will make sure I do that. I was eating maybe like 1 hour before bed and no water before bed.

Thanks for the info!!!!:clap2:

I have now hit 50 lbs lost! Wow, this week has really been IT for me as far as weight loss goes.

According to my scale, I had plateaued. Now I know that the battery was bad, and I was probably losing but the scale wasn't reading it right. So, today I was 146 which puts me at exactly 50 lbs. That is a LOT of weight on a 5' 2" frame!

Oh yeah, someone at work told me that people are REALLY talking about how much weight I have lost. Some are having a hard time believe that I am doing it by dieting and exercising. They think I am taking some drugs or something. I thought it was kind of funny, but I did make sure to let a few people know that I am NOT taking drugs.

Oh yeah, another thing that is really helping in keeping the scale moving, or getting moving again, is that I have really, really upped the exercise. DH and I are training for a half marathon. So, we have added walking for 6 miles 3 days a week to our schedule. It takes us about 97 minutes to walk the whole thing.

So my exercise schedule now looks like this:

Swimming 45- 60 minutes Monday- Saturday (6 days a week about 600 calories a day burned)

Walking about 97 minutes Sunday, Wednesday, Friday (about 450 calories burned)

Pilaties Fridays only about 250 calories burned

Yoga Mondays and Thursdays about 250 calories burned

I am feeling GREAT. Lots of energy most days.

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I need to get my butt moving, but can't seem to do it!!!

lisanjason,

Do you have before and after pics? I am being banded March 30th and am on the lower end like you were to start.

She has them on the before and after pics thread.

Welp its me again whining like a little baby, my hubby called and they wanna check his shoulder now, guess itll be a lil while longer. It seems I have no sympathy by now lol lets just get this over so I can go to the doc. lol ! I cant wait much longer, of course no one in my whole family wants me to do this. But they dont live in my body and feel like I do. Mom said I spend all the money on my body. I could do alot with that money, makes me feel guilty but I cant get my mind off it, its always on my mind,I wanna see my skinny picture one day. Does anyone feel like I do? Sorry to whine to you all but you are my only support on this decision.

Hey SGDODGE 06,

Did you find my pics? I'm on the latest page of the before and after forum? Posted just today actually.I was a size 28/30 in the before picture ,after losing 115 pounds I then had a lower body lift and I'm now wearing a size 1 :whoo::)

Good luck with your banding journey.It's alot of work but it's all so worth it in the end!

lisanjason,

Do you have before and after pics? I am being banded March 30th and am on the lower end like you were to start.

I'm on the before and after forum and also now on the lower body lift page,updated as of today.I think it's posted under Teresita but she typed in "LISANJASON pics"

Hey,

I went to the page. No pics. E-mail them to me if you want. SGdodge06@AOL.COM. My sugery is soon but not soon enough. Very antsy here.

Susie