Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

November Lily,

About drinking with Soup, my DH says yes and I say no. I make sure to keep Water away from me at all times when I am eating. It makes it easier all the time, for me at least, when I get used to it. I eat soup everyday for lunch. I assume that any chunks in the soup will work as my solid and keep me full, I do eat my cottage cheese AFTER the soup just to make sure that it sticks with me.

For me, it is easier to consistantly follow a rule than to look for situations where the rule might not apply. I NEVER EVER eat and drink at the same time anymore. Of course it helps that if I try to eat and drink at the same time, I PB.

However, my hubby used to eat and drink together all the time, and it didn't bother him at all. WHen he finally started obeying the rule, for some reason, it caused his body to forbid him to break that rule anymore. So now, if HE eats and drinks at the same time, he will PB.

Hi guys! I really like this thread a lot! I am brand new to this process, but have read a lot about it. My initial consult is Wednesday. I am really nervous about my insurance covering this procedure. My bmi is 35. I went to my annual check up yesterday and I asked my GYN if she thought I would be a good candidate for Lap-Band. She said yes. However, my insurance (BCBS of California) requires a co-morbid condition. My Dr. suggested I get some blood work done to see if I have high cholestrol or diabetes. I probably won't get these results until eary next week. Since this is the low bmi thread, I am curious as to how many of you self paid and how many were covered by insurance. I can hardly wait 'til Wednesday. I want this procedure!!!

I was self-pay. Our insurance will only do bypass, and then only if you have a BMI over 50 or over 40 with two co-morbids that are NOT controlled by meds.

ahhh that is so long. It will be one fabulous bath once I can have it.

I dont have a treadmill. My apartment is not big enough really. I used to have one at my old place and it was the most expensive clothes horse I ever bought. I plan on getting back into my gym membership.

Audree, you absolutely should come to Europe. Its magical. I love London. Where abouts are you based?

I live in sunny California, Rancho Cucamonga!

I will definitely be going one day. I just have to start saving!

ok I knew Id have lots of questions, you never should have offered ha ha.

but ... I am wondering if you can drink Water whilst eating Soup etc on the liquid stage. I assume yes since it is all liquid but thought it best to check... anyone?

I did, but when I got into the creamy Soups I almost PB'd when I drank Water with it. That was the only time I felt like that. So, I drank before but not during or after. It will help too to learn it for when you add mushies and solids.:)

Lots of good info everyone, thanks!

Audree, how is Grandma?

Bandiva!!! I have missed you! My grandma has ALS (Lou Gerrigs Diesese). It has been a long hard road, 7 years going down hill. My mother has taken care of her at home all those years. It started getting too hard and we had to put her in a convalescent home. But we got nurses that would come to my moms house and we brought her back home.

When they left her the respiratory therapist didn't get the machines going, she is on life support. She started turning blue and I had to call 911 twice!

It was such a stressful day. I thought she was going to die for sure that day. She is stable now. It is such a horrible diesese. All your nerves die. She is completely paralyzed now.

Thanks for asking Bandiva.:)

How are you doing? I lost 3 pounds after my fill and I am feeling a little more restriction.

Hi guys! I really like this thread a lot! I am brand new to this process, but have read a lot about it. My initial consult is Wednesday. I am really nervous about my insurance covering this procedure. My bmi is 35. I went to my annual check up yesterday and I asked my GYN if she thought I would be a good candidate for Lap-Band. She said yes. However, my insurance (BCBS of California) requires a co-morbid condition. My Dr. suggested I get some blood work done to see if I have high cholestrol or diabetes. I probably won't get these results until eary next week. Since this is the low bmi thread, I am curious as to how many of you self paid and how many were covered by insurance. I can hardly wait 'til Wednesday. I want this procedure!!!

Welcome!!! I was a self pay and I am soooo happy!!!!

BGB,

You really seem to be doing great on your weight loss. I can't believe you were just banded 1/5 and have already lost so much weight. I hope I will have similar success (if I'm able to get it done)!

November Lilly,

I would say don't eat and drink at the same time. I didn't start not drinking with my food until after my first fill. I have to do what Decked Out does and have liquids nowhere near me.

I haven't been perfect with the rules... it has been a process for me. Just keep working the banster rules and it will come to you. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

BGB,

You really seem to be doing great on your weight loss. I can't believe you were just banded 1/5 and have already lost so much weight. I hope I will have similar success (if I'm able to get it done)!

I was a self payer. Are you trying to go through insurance?

I am really happy with my band.

:clap2:

Welcome Tulips: I had surgery today, I have a low bmi - my insurance did cover it. I have UHC choice Plus.

BGB: Hadn't had a chance to read all previous post - But I'm sorry you had such a traumatic situation, but I'm glad to hear everything is ok now. My prayer's are with you.

Bandiva!!! I have missed you! My grandma has ALS (Lou Gerrigs Diesese). It has been a long hard road, 7 years going down hill. My mother has taken care of her at home all those years. It started getting too hard and we had to put her in a convalescent home. But we got nurses that would come to my moms house and we brought her back home.

When they left her the respiratory therapist didn't get the machines going, she is on life support. She started turning blue and I had to call 911 twice!

It was such a stressful day. I thought she was going to die for sure that day. She is stable now. It is such a horrible diesese. All your nerves die. She is completely paralyzed now.

Thanks for asking Bandiva.:)

How are you doing? I lost 3 pounds after my fill and I am feeling a little more restriction.

BGB: Hadn't had a chance to read all previous post - But I'm sorry you had such a traumatic situation, but I'm glad to hear everything is ok now. My prayer's are with you.

Thanks!:)

I am glad to see you are doing well after surgery!!! You are a bandster now!