Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Terry,

Skip tomorrow's weigh in. Give yourself time. Remember we are on a journey, not a trip.

I didn't do so good today either. My DD and I went shopping, of course that means going to lunch. I was so tight I PB'ed everything and brought home the huge meal that was left, so I ate that for dinner. it was really, really good. But not the best calorie wise, oh well, tomorrow is anothe day, right?

Have a great night.

Deckedout,

I definitely think the clothes make me look a bit heavier. If they are too tight I look heavier or if they are too baggy I look heavier. It is hard to find clothes that fit really well when you are heavy.

Housecatgirl,

You are rocking it with your weight loss! I am very impressed with a 3/4. I am 5"8 so I don't anticipate ever being a 3/4. What a great feeling to be able to get rid of those clothes and know they are gone forever!

Audree,

As usual you are doing well. As I have lost my restriction, as you know, some days I am okay but some days I have done awful. I haven't lost much weight beyond the first 2 weeks as a result. It is nice to see how well you are doing. I am not unhappy with my results but we are basically the same height and were banded on the same day and weren't that far from each other weight wise. It is nice to see a person who is just kicking ass on the rules kicking ass on the weight loss. So kudos to you and you are awesome!

Susan,

don't worry, I did not lose the way Audree is either, but I am not unhappy with the way that I am losing. WHile I would have loved to be at goal right now, I totally believe that I am learning new things about myself. Plus, hey, the compliements add up, if it takes you longer to lose, more people notice, right :)

Have a great evening.

Susan,

You are doing great. It is hard in the beginning because you don't have much restriction. Hang in there. When you get a fill or two, you will be on your way.

Thanks Deckedout and Julestwu,

I got to a point last year where I just didn't feel like I had it in me to go on another diet. I could force myself, and be miserable, but I am just over it mentally. I don't want to be constantly obsessed with food - either not eating something because it is "bad" or not eating until I am satisfied because I already ate too many calories.

So I am going a lot slower but I am not trying AT ALL to restrict my food intake. And even though I am eating 2000 calories a day, I guess that to be half of what I was eating before. I definitely have to change other eating habits though to follow bandster rules. Like eating more Protein first, eating slower and eating small bites.

I bought these Morningstar Farms sausage patties that are just awesome and had them for Breakfast. I thought I was eating slow... but I don't think my body can handle anything solid in the morning because I ended up PBing and sliming. So I will eat those at night.

I still have a lot to learn about what I can tolerate and what I can't. I think it is mostly a function of how fast I eat... except in the morning when I think I just need to stick to the oatmeal.< /p>

I did get the styrofoam cups someone suggested and will be eating my oatmeal tomorrow!

I went mountain biking yesterday and it is HARD. I went 4 miles in 1.5 hours and fell probably 10x. My HR was through the roof, and I was sweating like a pig. It was scary and I had to get off of my bike and walk a lot of it because I was too scared to go down the hill, over the big tree root, across the logs, through the mud.... But I had a great time and I still have about 3 more weeks before my race.

Wow. Mountain biking is way harder than road biking.

Susan, I know it is hard. I don't diet. I eat healthy most of the time, but I eat what I want. I just eat a whole lot less. I ordered Chinese food Saturday night. I didn't measure the amount I ate and apparantly ate too much. Some of it came back up. I put the rest up and ate it for two more meals. I measured then. lol. It is such a learning process.

Anyway, my point is I measure what I eat more than anything else. I might lose slower this way, but I am happy along the way.

You're doing great Audree. When do you go for your first fill?

I cleaned out my closet the other day and donated 6 bags of old clothes. I've gone from 10/12 to 3/4!! I am almost to goal but I've been stuck for about 3 months. I need a kick in the ass but it gets really hard when you get close and everyone is telling you look so good.

WOW!!! That is sooooo awesome!!!!!! I go for my first fill Feb. 17 and I am glad because I do not have any restriction anymore!!!:)

Dr. Ortiz told me to get ready to burn all of my clothes, but I think I'll donate them!:) I am in that awkward stage, where my main weekly clothes don't fit. The only clothes I had a little smaller were work out clothes. My jeans are too big and the ones I was saving for "one day" are a little too small. I have no pants or jeans!!! My regular jeans are so big they make me look fat!!!

I have a question for you. When do you know when to stop losing weight? I was thinking, I know I 'say' my goal is 135, but that is just a number. What if I look really good at 145?

Then a part of me wants to get really small just because my whole life I have been overweight. All my teen years and adult hood has been overweight.

Can we ever get too thin?

Well, today wasn't my best day as far as watching what I was eating. I have almost no restriction now, and go for my first fill on Feb 12. Today was a Superbowl party, with lots of Snacks, food and deserts. I stuck to refried Beans with a little cheese on top for appetizer (licked it off a tortilla chip). Entree was fajitas and I ate the chicken meat and some more beans. Then disaster with the deserts! A tray of different cheesecakes, chocolate cake, Italian cream cake, and oreo cheesecake. I had one bite of each. Yikes! This isn't why I had surgery.

On a positive note - I did go to the gym and walked on treadmill and used weight machines. I'm afriad to weigh tomorrow.

Good nite,

Terry

I don't have any restriction either!!!!:faint: It's gone.......:D:) :) :paranoid :think :cry :tired

I am eating very well, sometimes too well doing South Beach, but following South Beach guidelines none the less. So, I guess the true test comes Friday when I weigh in!!

I am going to work out today too!!!

Make sure you check on me, because I can't lie to you guys about it!!

Wow Laura, a 3/4? How tall are you? I am 5'2" and trying to get to a size 5, I have NEVER been a size 3/4. What are you weighing? If you don't mind me asking. I would love to be a 5 but a 3 would be awesome, I'm not sure I could keep going if I was in a 3.

Today my daughter and I went shopping. She made me try on things I never would have before. I got a new shirt that is a small! I'm looking forward to wearing it.

I had a fun day with my little girl (she is 21). We went and saw "because I said so" I loved it. If you have older daughters it totally is awesome. I never would have watched it with my hubby, but going to it with my daughter was great.

I got a few new pairs of pants to wear to work, so I'm set for a little while. I love Burlington Coat Factory. I can get some nice things without paying the price. I have to admit that I am a really tight wad. So, that place is perfect for me.!

Anyhow, it is about time for me to hit the hay. 5 am comes really early. To all of you who thing about going to workout early, and are putting it off, I totally recommend it. I am not a morning person, but this has been the BEST thing that I have done, besides the lapband surgery to begin with.

I am a tight wad too and don't want to buy some more jeans. I only had 1 pair anyway and they don't look good. They are 14's. I have some other jeans that don't fit yet. I probably need a 12, but don't want to spend the money. I am so tight I am thinking about going to a nice thrift shop! I don't want to spend and then where it for a few weeks and get rid of them!

Deckedout,

I definitely think the clothes make me look a bit heavier. If they are too tight I look heavier or if they are too baggy I look heavier. It is hard to find clothes that fit really well when you are heavy.

Housecatgirl,

You are rocking it with your weight loss! I am very impressed with a 3/4. I am 5"8 so I don't anticipate ever being a 3/4. What a great feeling to be able to get rid of those clothes and know they are gone forever!

Audree,

As usual you are doing well. As I have lost my restriction, as you know, some days I am okay but some days I have done awful. I haven't lost much weight beyond the first 2 weeks as a result. It is nice to see how well you are doing. I am not unhappy with my results but we are basically the same height and were banded on the same day and weren't that far from each other weight wise. It is nice to see a person who is just kicking ass on the rules kicking ass on the weight loss. So kudos to you and you are awesome!

I don't have any restriction either!! It's gone!!! :)

I can eat anything and don't have to chew like I did.

I am eating South Beach, but it seems like a lot of food I am eating, so we will see on Friday when I weigh in!!! I am kinda scared!

I am 5'5 so you are taller than me! I always wished I could be taller so I could get away with weighing more. I think they say 10 pounds an inch more or less depending on your heigth.

I could never be a 3/4 unless my butt totally deflated. I always have to wear a bigger size, since I have major junk in the truck!!!!

I think my goal is like a 5!

Susan, I know it is hard. I don't diet. I eat healthy most of the time, but I eat what I want. I just eat a whole lot less. I ordered Chinese food Saturday night. I didn't measure the amount I ate and apparantly ate too much. Some of it came back up. I put the rest up and ate it for two more meals. I measured then. lol. It is such a learning process.

Anyway, my point is I measure what I eat more than anything else. I might lose slower this way, but I am happy along the way.

How much do you measure and eat? I don't measure at all.

How much do you measure and eat? I don't measure at all.

I try not to eat more than a cup. I measured my chinese food and a cup is too much. When I don't have my food in tupperware, I just try to eyeball it.

I try not to eat more than a cup. I measured my chinese food and a cup is too much. When I don't have my food in tupperware, I just try to eyeball it.

Do you think I have to keep the 1 cup rule even if I don't have any restriction? I know it should be different when I get my fill in a couple of weeks!

Audree,

I would definitely watch the volume, as I have no restriction and I have PBd 3x and slimed 2x now. I PBd this morning eating Morningstar Farms Sausage. So it is a Protein Shake or oatmeal for me in the morning.

I thought it was just a morning thing, but 1 PB and 1 slime have come at lunch. I am always trying to eat too fast though, that is my problem I think. Anyway, I would still watch the volume, eat slow and eat small. You are doing totally awesome!

I feel ya about buying new clothes. Have you thought about trying to tailor or pin your slacks in the waist at the back? It probably won't work for jeans but it will for slacks (I know this from experience). Then it only costs you a safety pin!

You are probably not very far from a size 10. Have you gone and tried any on? If you can squeeze into them for now (thank goodness they put spandex in jeans now!) then you can probably wear them for another 20-30 lbs?