Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

SUsan,

I am exercising between 1 and 2 times each day. It is very important to me as not only do I want to lose weight, I want to be healthy. I do not jog or run. I have always loved to swim, so every morning I swim for about 45 minutes. this has always been my favorite because I LOVE the Water.

I have just started doing yoga on Mondays and Thursdays. This I am beginning to enjoy, it is very new for me, but I like it. I have a real problem with flexiblity so I thought it would be good.

On Tuesdays and Wednesday I try to lift weights, as this is at th same club that I pay for the swimming, I feel a litte better about putting it off, and often do not do it.

When I first started swimming, I spent a few weeks not losing weight, but I did lose inches, and better than anything else, I feel great.

It is amazing to me that now I "feel" fatter than I did at 196, mainly because, I think, I pay more attention now. before I was in denial.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again. I have recieved a lot of complements about my weight loss and my "stick to itness" I am not quite sure how to take and respond to these completments.

Audree,

I went and bought some south beach lunches and have been eating them the past couple days. My 15 yr old son has been begging us to go out to Breakfast (he is the only one left at home, thank God) so we went to Home town buffet this AM, yuck, I haate PBing in the resturant restroom! Anyway, I ate too much this mornign. But tomorrow it is back to swimming, and this is long term for me. So, right now I am down 38 lbs. I still think I will be at 130 by my 1 year anniversary. Anything else is gravy. Right now I wear a very loose12, I could probably fit into a 10m but haven't tried yet, scared I guess. I haven't worn a 10 for at least 15 years.

I love my band. I guess he needs a name. I think its a boy because he ony focuses on one thing at a time and can be a real pain in my you know what. Actually, my cousin is similar and his name is Brandon. SO, I guess that is what I call call him, Brandon.

Hey Audree,

I read that gal's email to you. I thought it was interesting but I am not sure it is something I would want to follow.

I am not judging her AT ALL because obviously it worked for her and she is very happy with her results.

What I found interesting is that she only eats one time a day and basically only eats some Mexican food. I also noted how few calories she was eating.

I am not sure that is what I would want to do, epsecially for the long term. I think it is very important to eat several times a day, even if is was only 100 calories at a time. I also think it is important to vary the diet, although some people are totally fine with eating the same thing all the time.

What did you think of her plan? Are you planning on following it at all?

I hope you are doing good today. I missed you posting yesterday. :o

I plan on doing the South Beach diet. He says to eat 4-5 times a day. In reality she does eat more than once, even if she says she only has one meal. She has coffee for breakfast like most of us because we are restricted in the morning. She also told me she has a snack if she is hungry between coffee and late lunch/early dinner. She than has a yogurt in the evening. I think I will just take all the good advice I get from all and do my thing. I have always done well on the South Beach diet though. I am planning to eat my Protein first.

For breakfast, I am planning on having my healthy Gano coffee and I am going to buy some soy sausage patties like from Morning Farms or something like that (if I can get it down).

For lunch, I am going to have my protein first again. I have bought from Sams Club some chicken meatballs with cheese inside. They are all natural, no preservative, healthy, low fat ones. I am going to buy crab cakes, salmon patties, turkey burger/chicken burger patties, etc. I will buy eggplant, zucchini, peas, veggies I can get down.

Dinner, the same as lunch

I will allow myself 2 Snacks in between meals and one after dinner if I want it, like a sugar free fudgesicle or ricotta dessert.

This is the South Beach 2 week beginning phase.

I know it will depend on my restriction if I can even get this food in. I may eat less just because I can't eat. She may be eating like that also because of restriction and can't eat. I know I have been eating a lot less than her just because I can't.

It was just refreshing to me to hear someone be disciplined and get results.

I am going to start the South Beach Challenge in a week, on Saturday. The thing I love too, is that your appetite is curbed just from that way of eating naturally. I never needed to use appetite suppresants when on South Beach.

I missed posting yesterday! I was pulling my hair out!:faint: When I tried it said the page was having problems!!!

Hi girls ( is it all girls on here?)

Just wanted to update with my BIG mistake.

I was given the O.K to have soft foods on Friday, so I've been doing well with mostly yogurts, Soups, shakes, a couple bites of soft veggies. Then tonight hubby (who I will instert is a Chef) decided to beer can roast the chicken (the one I bought to make some soups with!) it smelled so good all day roasting away smelling up the house, and yes even though my little paper says Chicken (moist) is an O.K I never really planned on eating it,

But there I was making the kids plates up and a little nibble here a little there, along with a big cup of Soup (roasted pepper and black bean along with a tiny bit of l/f shredded cheese). Well you can see where this is going, I had a major stuckage (is that even a word). I thought I was going to die, I paced the house for a good 15min and lifted my hands above my head and tried anyting I could . My lesson is learned, I am sure I didn't chew it well enough or slow enough. I am just praying that I didn't do any permenant damage to the band. So my advice is even if you don't "think" you have much restriciton with out a fill trust me you could and probably do!

No more meat for me for a LONG time.

Sorry for rambling.

Sara

Saraincincy,

OWIE. Sorry about your stuckage (That word made me smile but I know it made you groan). It is a good lesson to learn.

My friend has had gastric bypass and so she gets sick if she eats too much sugar or fat. She had surgery a couple of years ago now, but she said initially she would test things. But she only tested things once, LOL because she would get sick. She told me a lot of people have to learn the hard way what they can and can't eat. I am definitely one of those people (see Taco Bell bean burrito story a week and a half ago... ugh).

Audree,

Yes I imagine you would do your own thing, as you are one of the most well-researched people on here.

I love those Morningstar Farms "soysage" patties. Yum.

Deckedout,

I love to swim too, but have a hard time making myself when it is cold outside. Brrr!

Have you ever thought about entering an event like a Master's swim or something to keep you going? I find that if I am planning to do an event it helps me to stick with it a bit more.

I am very bad about doing the weights on my own. I like lifting once I get there but I definitely can find a million excuses.

I am very good at riding my bike and running or walking.

I have a rec center membership (for the pool) and 2 gym memberships (one by my house and one by my office). Plus I have a treadmill at home and 3 bikes. I have zero excuse, LOL, but can still find 'em.

Has anyone been exercising at all?

The first week after the surgery all I did was walk but I walked a lot.

Last week I added biking into it since the weather has been nice. I had no problems and was able to go about 9 miles each time.

This weekend I started with some jogging. I didn't go very far... more of a jogging and walking for now. But I had no pain.

I probably won't swim for a couple more weeks. My incsisions are doing really good but I want to feel like they are totally healed.

Does anyone have any exercise goals for the year?

Hey Susan,

I started exercising this month. I have a stationary bike that I have been riding. I also joined my local gym this past week. I went 3 times this past week and plan on going more than that normally. I am able to ride the bike for an hour now, so I am sure that is going to help with my weightloss. I had a hard time getting started, but now I am fine with it. I enjoy it.

HOLY SMOKES FOLKS!

my hubby called and said that i got the loan... BUT i am trying to not get too excited because we don't know what the interest rate is yet...

BUT...

I GOT THE LOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now all i have to do is not drive myself completely INSANE waiting to see what my rate is... i'm so close!!!!!

(and on a completely unrelated note, my dog learned how to use the doggie door. he is coming and going at 100mph. dragging his toys outside, then back inside. LOL. it's cracking me up!!!)

I have been doing pretty good. I have been eating soft foods for the last few days. I don't have a lot of restriction but I DEFINITELY get full a lot faster than I did before.

I lost 10lbs immediately following the surgery and then I was getting hungry on the thicker liquids. I gained 5 lbs back but I think I am losing again even though I am eating soft foods now. I think my body had to kind of get used to what the heck I am doing.

I am calmed down enough and not weighing myself 300 times a day. I am back to weighing myself once a week. Which I am doing on Fridays because that was when I had the surgery.

Overall, I am transitioning into eating and getting back to my normal self.

Hey Susan!!

I think my restriction is letting up a little too, but I am still making sure I only eat 1 cup at a time and slow. I notice it isn't taking me a lot of time to drink my Water anymore.

I am definitely going to schedule my 6 week fill.

I am definitely going to start South Beach on Saturday!!!

Has anyone been exercising at all?

The first week after the surgery all I did was walk but I walked a lot.

Last week I added biking into it since the weather has been nice. I had no problems and was able to go about 9 miles each time.

This weekend I started with some jogging. I didn't go very far... more of a jogging and walking for now. But I had no pain.

I probably won't swim for a couple more weeks. My incsisions are doing really good but I want to feel like they are totally healed.

Does anyone have any exercise goals for the year?

My goal is to hit the gym at least 4 times a week for cardio and weight training, starting next week.

What about you?

SUsan,

I am exercising between 1 and 2 times each day. It is very important to me as not only do I want to lose weight, I want to be healthy. I do not jog or run. I have always loved to swim, so every morning I swim for about 45 minutes. this has always been my favorite because I LOVE the Water.

I have just started doing yoga on Mondays and Thursdays. This I am beginning to enjoy, it is very new for me, but I like it. I have a real problem with flexiblity so I thought it would be good.

On Tuesdays and Wednesday I try to lift weights, as this is at th same club that I pay for the swimming, I feel a litte better about putting it off, and often do not do it.

When I first started swimming, I spent a few weeks not losing weight, but I did lose inches, and better than anything else, I feel great.

It is amazing to me that now I "feel" fatter than I did at 196, mainly because, I think, I pay more attention now. before I was in denial.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again. I have recieved a lot of complements about my weight loss and my "stick to itness" I am not quite sure how to take and respond to these completments.

Audree,

I went and bought some south beach lunches and have been eating them the past couple days. My 15 yr old son has been begging us to go out to breakfast (he is the only one left at home, thank God) so we went to Home town buffet this AM, yuck, I haate PBing in the resturant restroom! Anyway, I ate too much this mornign. But tomorrow it is back to swimming, and this is long term for me. So, right now I am down 38 lbs. I still think I will be at 130 by my 1 year anniversary. Anything else is gravy. Right now I wear a very loose12, I could probably fit into a 10m but haven't tried yet, scared I guess. I haven't worn a 10 for at least 15 years.

I love my band. I guess he needs a name. I think its a boy because he ony focuses on one thing at a time and can be a real pain in my you know what. Actually, my cousin is similar and his name is Brandon. SO, I guess that is what I call call him, Brandon.

I can't wait to start the South Beach Challenge!!!

Congrats, you are doing great!!!

Hi girls ( is it all girls on here?)

Just wanted to update with my BIG mistake.

I was given the O.K to have soft foods on Friday, so I've been doing well with mostly yogurts, Soups, shakes, a couple bites of soft veggies. Then tonight hubby (who I will instert is a Chef) decided to beer can roast the chicken (the one I bought to make some soups with!) it smelled so good all day roasting away smelling up the house, and yes even though my little paper says Chicken (moist) is an O.K I never really planned on eating it,

But there I was making the kids plates up and a little nibble here a little there, along with a big cup of Soup (roasted pepper and black bean along with a tiny bit of l/f shredded cheese). Well you can see where this is going, I had a major stuckage (is that even a word). I thought I was going to die, I paced the house for a good 15min and lifted my hands above my head and tried anyting I could . My lesson is learned, I am sure I didn't chew it well enough or slow enough. I am just praying that I didn't do any permenant damage to the band. So my advice is even if you don't "think" you have much restriciton with out a fill trust me you could and probably do!

No more meat for me for a LONG time.

Sorry for rambling.

Sara

I was wondering the same thing myself today. When were you banded? I am 17 days post op and feel I am not as tight and was wondering what would happen if I ate a little piece of somthing. My doctor has me on 3 weeks of liquids, no mushies.

I am so not wanting to PB. I want to do everything to avoid it.

Audree,

Yes I imagine you would do your own thing, as you are one of the most well-researched people on here.

I love those Morningstar Farms "soysage" patties. Yum.

Thanks!!! It is funny how people see you (met).. I see you that way too!

Let's make a list of our favorite Protein meals we are going to stock up on.

Those Morning Star soy sausage patties are the bomb. Also some veggie burgers I used to buy from Trader Joes. I would get my protein from the soy and my veggies in one patty.

Deckedout,

I love to swim too, but have a hard time making myself when it is cold outside. Brrr!

Have you ever thought about entering an event like a Master's swim or something to keep you going? I find that if I am planning to do an event it helps me to stick with it a bit more.

I am very bad about doing the weights on my own. I like lifting once I get there but I definitely can find a million excuses.

I am very good at riding my bike and running or walking.

I have a rec center membership (for the pool) and 2 gym memberships (one by my house and one by my office). Plus I have a treadmill at home and 3 bikes. I have zero excuse, LOL, but can still find 'em.

I also love to swim but am afraid of damaging my hair since I die it. How can you keep your hair from drying?

HOLY SMOKES FOLKS!

my hubby called and said that i got the loan... BUT i am trying to not get too excited because we don't know what the interest rate is yet...

BUT...

I GOT THE LOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now all i have to do is not drive myself completely INSANE waiting to see what my rate is... i'm so close!!!!!

(and on a completely unrelated note, my dog learned how to use the doggie door. he is coming and going at 100mph. dragging his toys outside, then back inside. LOL. it's cracking me up!!!)

CONGRATS!!!!! You are almost in Bandland!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: