Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where will YOU be on Xmas Day?

Okay, my fellow Canucks!!!! :canada:

Inquiring (snoopy) minds wanna know.....where will you be on Xmas day and with whom?

This is the first time that Mr Yoda and I will be at our place and completely ALONE on the 25th...!!! Yayyyy!!! I'm sooo looking forward to a stress free day with just the two of us!!!! We specifically planned it this way.

Of course, to keep the masses happy.....on Boxing Day we will head down to Burlington area to spend the day (the day only mind you.....instead of the usual couple/few days) with Mr Yoda's family. My folks live on the West Coast and besides they will be in a sunnier/warmer climate over the holidays. Though my sister and her family live nearby (Ottawa area), that is not an option for a variety of reasons (if you recall my sister saga!).

So......how about you guys?

We will be at my daughter Michelle's Christmas morning for Breakfast, then go home to relax and then off to my other daughter Karen's for Christmas dinner, what i like about doing this is i do not have to do any cooking. We are about 15 mins away from each daughter, so we do not have far to travel.

We usually do a family Christmas get together the Sunday before Christmas, that way they have time to see there in-laws and everyone is happy.

Maria :)

I am spending Christmas eve here with my hubby, boys, and hubby's relatives. Then Christmas morning I am flying home (Grande Prairie) to have Christmas dinner (ya right) with my family. My mom and dad don't know I am coming so I am very excited. I fly back to my Victoria home on the 29th.

I will be probably sleeping most of the day as I am working a week of nights through the holidays. But I am having a "pre" Christmas dinner next weekend with family who will be visiting us from out of town. It will be my first X-Mas dinner EVER to prepare by myself so I am very nervous. I'm not much of a cook, I don't even like to cook. I really wanted to just order 10 Swiss Chalet Festive specials and get it over with......

My sister is doing the honours this year, yay, her back yard is enormous, full of swings and trampolines and her kids have more toys than anybody I have ever known, so mine will be happy happy happy.

AND - I just bought a gorgeous stretchy black and white wrap dress to wear.

Jachut, where do you live in Canada that its warm enough to play outside at Xmas??! I still get stuck in the snow everyday driving to work...LOL

I think Jacqui is down under, not in Canada---but will let her answer that herself!!!

Christmas Eve, we have kids and grandkids all staying here....DS, DIL, and DGS, as well as DD and DGD. We will all wake up and have Santa, and open gifts. Then I will start some things cooking, and we will take them and go to my in-laws for the big dinner. After eating a perfectly normal amount of food for likely the first time since I was 5, we will probably watch a lot of old movies. Our gift to our parents was to take all the old home movies, and old photos and have them put onto DVD. So I figure we will watch that. Then come home to, much needed by that point.....PEACE. Will be a fun day tho!!!

Kat

Christmas Eve afternoon, Chinese food with Hubbys family.

Christmas Eve, friend and family 'pop by for a drink' evening.

Christmas morning, just the kids and us, and probably oldests daughters idiot-face boyfriend.

Christmas night, my mothers for turkey dinner.< /p>

Boxing Day.............sleep.

Alan andI always spend 3-4 days in Mississauga visiting friends and family....we run two businesses and never get a break. Our gift to his family is to shop for, pay for, cook, deliver, serve and clean up after....the entire Christmas dinner. We plan on doing the same this year but because we are so tired and burnt out from working we have planned a hugely extravagant on our part mini vacation ......at the Four Seasons Yorkville in Toronto. We will stay there for 3 nights over Christmas but still do the Christmas dinner thing at his parents with all his family. But.....Christmas Eve, instead of getting sucked into THEIR tradition of entertaining their neighbours we will be dining and drinking quietly, just the two of us, at the Four Seasons.

I CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT!!!!!!!

Carol

xmas eve my house...we dont eat meat that day, so it's an all seafood dinner for about 30 pple

xmas day...breakfast at dtr's house about 15 pple...dinner at sister's house (yes THAT sister) about 25 pple

boxing day...lamb bbq at dtr's house about 25 pple

i'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Whoah, you guys! I think I'll be havin' the most tame Xmas of all!

I'm gonna give you a break down of my entire vacation.

on the 22nd, We'll go to the train station at 9 (woo! never been on a train!), take the train to Moncton. We'll get there around 11. Our plane doesn't leave til 4, so I'll be waiting at the airport for a while! 9pm (local), I'll arrive in Calgary, get rid of Dan, and continue on to Saskatoon, arriving at midnight. Love that I have to fly past my destination, then turn back.

My parents will be there waiting for me... we might hug... my mom will fall asleep in the van on the way to the hotel. We'll get to the hotel, and crash!

23rd - get up early, hit costco, and maybe Old Navy. Head home. (my parents don't live in Saskatoon, but a couple hours away) That's probably all for that day.

24th - nothing all day. Normally, at night, we'd eat. A shrimp ring, maybe some stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped oysters, a spinach loaf, maybe a cheese fondue. Probably watch It's A Wonderful Life. Around 11pm, my dad will grab a big garbage bag, hang it over the back of a chair, and the present unwrapping will begin. My mom will get the most gifts! We used to save stocking for Xmas morning, but now we do EVERYTHING Xmas eve.

This year... there won't be so much eating. My mom was mentioning all the stuff she's been buying to make various things, and I told her... we can have all that stuff, but it's gotta all be on different nights!! I'm not gonna be able to eat all that in one night anymore!

Christmas Day - I'll try to sleep in, but my dad will probably wake me up, asking how many eggs I want in my eggs benedict.

I don't think I'll be seeing any other family the whole time. Some are going to Jasper for Christmas, and some going to BC to see others. I don't even think we'll have a 'real' christmas dinner. That's quite alright with me. I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it anyways.

Boxing Day - I'm hoping there will be someone around who wants to go out that night! As I told y'all before, that's the big night where I'm from, where EVERYONE goes to the same bar... people you haven't seen forever, who are home for Christmas. I'm hopin' to surprise some people (and jerks) I haven't seen in a while. I'll have a gingerale and rye (or 6) for you guys!

and then nothing until the 29th when I fly back here. Dan and I will probably meet up in Toronto, and fly together from there. We won't get into Moncton til midnight, so I think we'll get a hotel, and take the bus home the next morning, cause it's the faster option to get home.

That's it!