Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On soft foods now.

Any suggestions what works, or don't?

Dying for subway.... will u ever be able to have subway again?

I was able to eat pretty much anything in this phase. Lots of humus, cottage cheese, yogurts. Soft vegs (no starchy potatoes though), scrambled eggs etc.

I would worry so much about what you "can't" eat. You most likely will be able to eat what ever you want, sometime in the future. Subway, yes, shouldn't be a problem. Some folks have a problem with bread, and bread is something that I don't eat just because it tends to be over processed and too carby, but there isn't any real reason that you can't eat it if it goes down okay. Some folks seem to have certain intolerance to specific foods post surgery. I haven't had any of that. So it really depends on the person, I suppose.

I had mashed potatoes and gravy last night from big boy. It was only thing stayed in me yesterday!

Like will I ever be able to be able to enjoy food? I don't enjoy it at all. Actually scared to try anything now.

Like I'm only a month post....

I just wanna take a bite out of something and enjoy it and not have to worry about it coming back up, or hurting or getting acid reflux.

Like I can have soft foods like deli meat but can I put low fat cream cheese on that piece of deli ham and take a pickle w no seeds and make a ham roll up? If I chew it to a consistency of baby food anyways?

But scared. Just old. Soups, mashed potatoes, puddings, yogurt...

I do well one day or meal. Next day I'm so sick from eating.

Example... had piece of baked potatoe and piece of fish. Perfect. was so stinkin happy it went down and stayed and no pain. And quite a bit.... next day warmed it up..... complete opposite.

:+(

Yes as time goes by and your body adjusts you will be able to enjoy food again. Yes you can put soft cheese and pickle on your deli meat as long as you chew it enough, I actually used a lot of laughing cow cheese when I was on soft foods. There is a lot of factors involved in how your stomach handles the food at this time and some of those factors will change at different times of the day. Remember that potatoes are high in starch and therefore can stick and expand in your belly this usually isn't an issue with mashed because of the way they are mixed but baked can be difficult. You might want to consider things like tuna, egg salad, and canned chicken breast these are easy to eat during this phase and also are very high in Protein. Good Luck.

chicken salad, threw up.

Scrambled egg, threw up.

Anything I try once that's okay I eat again next day or something I throw up.

:+(

I had mashed potatoes and gravy last night from big boy. It was only thing stayed in me yesterday!

Like will I ever be able to be able to enjoy food? I don't enjoy it at all. Actually scared to try anything now.

Like I'm only a month post....

I just wanna take a bite out of something and enjoy it and not have to worry about it coming back up' date=' or hurting or getting acid reflux.

Like I can have soft foods like deli meat but can I put low fat cream cheese on that piece of deli ham and take a pickle w no seeds and make a ham roll up? If I chew it to a consistency of baby food anyways?

But scared. Just old. Soups, mashed potatoes, puddings, yogurt...

I do well one day or meal. Next day I'm so sick from eating.

Example... had piece of baked potatoe and piece of fish. Perfect. was so stinkin happy it went down and stayed and no pain. And quite a bit.... next day warmed it up..... complete opposite.

:+([/quote']

Sounds like you are eating too much fat. Deli meats are loaded and that could be why you feel sick. Fat takes a lot longer to digest after WLS until your body stabilizes.

A simple rule: 3g of fat per 100 calories is considered low fat and a good choice.

Another basic rule: Protein FIRST!

Potatoes should be the last thing you are eating, especially at a restaurant because they are loaded with butter and whole milk.

WLS is a TEMPORARY tool that only works for a short time before your body gets smart and adjusts itself. Take advantage of it while you can!!