Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

{sigh} Hello Everyone

I'm not sure how long I'll stay a member of this site. But, thank you for at least reading this! I'm 28 and living in Arlington, TX. I've tried dieting and sometimes lose weight, but then I lose motivation (interest)...then I'm right back where I started. I'd love to have the surgery to help me achieve my dreams. Unfortunately, I can not financially afford a another monthly bill right now and my company opted out of gastric bypass surgery. So, here I sit very frustrated...very tired....and very depressed. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd love to hear from anyone.

Thanks!

:help:

Hi Elmo, sorry to hear your circumstances. I wish you had the lapband surgery as we would have more to talk about. Not sure how to get you out of the funk. Are you able to walk or join another weight loss forum? I know it sucks when you have tried everything. I hope at some point you will be able to experience the benefits of the band. Good luck.

What type of work do you do? have you thought about finding another job that has insurance to cover wls. I would.

Just a thought,

Mosytif

Can you refinance your home? Sometimes you can borrow enough in equity and pay for your surgery and your payment go up very little if any at all.

Sorry to hear of your fustration... We have all been there. It would indeed be great if you had lapband then we would have more to discuss...but it is great that you are here if only to get inspiration and support in your current predicament...I heard something in an earlier post about some forum that offer free lapband trouble is I cant remember where it was...hopefully another member will have a clearer memory than me...

i wish you all the best.

:xena_banana: Becky

Hi,

Check the internet for the best price. I had mine only 13 days ago in

TJ, Mexico. The cost is soooo much less then in the US. Also, I used

money from a home refinance, but I noticed that they do accept financing

at least with Dr. Corvalis's group. Also keep in mind that the cost of

food will be going down after the surgery. When I do start eating,

lots less Snacks, and probably about 1/4th the food!

Hugs,

Giantangel