Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How will this be different?

Well, pre-op test is done. The funds are in my bank account. Now I just have to have my surgeon look everything over and make sure there isn't anything weird on my tests (God forbid!) and I'll be having a phone call with him next week Wednesday to go over all the final details. Assuming everything is a go, my surgery will be 5/22. Wow. I am so looking forward to my new life. I've been sick and sad for too long, and I"m ready to be happy again!

Well' date=' pre-op test is done. The funds are in my bank account. Now I just have to have my surgeon look everything over and make sure there isn't anything weird on my tests (God forbid!) and I'll be having a phone call with him next week Wednesday to go over all the final details. Assuming everything is a go, my surgery will be 5/22. Wow. I am so looking forward to my new life. I've been sick and sad for too long, and I"m ready to be happy again![/quote']

OMG!! Girl you work fast! :P you remind me of me! :)

OMG!! Girl you work fast! :P you remind me of me! :)

When I want something, I do everything in my power to get it. hehe

When I want something' date=' I do everything in my power to get it. hehe[/quote']

I understand that mentality, because that is me to a "t". So now that your ball is rolling and everything is set. I ask you to slow down (just for a few minutes :)) and take some slow deep breaths.... Cleansing breaths...

You will have a lot of emotional and physical things you will have to go through this next couple of months... It's kinda like becoming a mother, all the preparing and reading you do before hand can only prepare you so much..

It is a life changing major surgery. That will come with lots of ups and downs that are really impossible to fully grasp until you are in the midst of it.

Prepare for these moments of downs, so that when you are experiencing the downs, you can take a step back and say "yes, I knew there would be moments like this and I'm in one now"

Also letting your husband know that there will be these tough moments too, so he understands before hand and can come from a place of support and not from a place of bewilderment.

I'm sure all will be well :) good luck in the coming days!

Congratulations on getting the financing and support to move forward!

Well now my husband is giving me the silent treatment. If I bring up the surgery he'll give me a one-word answer, or say "Do we really have to talk about this?" I'm going to ask him tonight if he plans to be supportive when he goes with me. If not, I have a friend who has offered and will take her instead. She's been supportive through this whole thing and knows what I"m going through. I'd rather have someone there to support my decision, not make me feel worse than I already will with 5 holes in my body :)

Well now my husband is giving me the silent treatment. If I bring up the surgery he'll give me a one-word answer, or say "Do we really have to talk about this?" I'm going to ask him tonight if he plans to be supportive when he goes with me. If not, I have a friend who has offered and will take her instead. She's been supportive through this whole thing and knows what I"m going through. I'd rather have someone there to support my decision, not make me feel worse than I already will with 5 holes in my body :)

If he only realized how this will affect HIS life, he would get some pom poms and be on board cheering you on. Sex will be great, you'll feel good about yourself and I'd just tell him....climb on board and enjoy the ride, it's going to be a wild one, and fun, fun, fun - or else you're going to be left out and miss the ride!!! 'Nuff said!

I have a phone consult w/ my surgeon tonight to go over all my test results. Assuming everything looks good, I'll be able to book my travel. AHH! It's really going to happen!!

I had my consult w/ the surgeon on Wednesday and he said I was a very good, low-risk candidate for the surgery. I sent off my payment last night...so surgery is a go for the 22nd! Hard to believe it's happening so fast!

Girl, you are a women who makes things happen!

Bravo to you! In two weeks you have gone from depressed to determined! :)

So proud of you!

You know, on the one hand it sucked that I had to pay out of pocket for my surgery, but on the other hand it afforded me excellent control over my choice; from the day I made the decision to have VSG to the day I was waking up in recovery was a mere 6 weeks!

you will do great!! im new here.i am 12 days post op and down 27lb..if i can do it so can you!!!

You know, on the one hand it sucked that I had to pay out of pocket for my surgery, but on the other hand it afforded me excellent control over my choice; from the day I made the decision to have VSG to the day I was waking up in recovery was a mere 6 weeks!

Yep. Shelling out that money was not fun but I would do it again in a New York minute. Already at 9 weeks out my life is so much better! I still am somewhat convinced they did operate on my brain too. My whole thinking about food has changed so much and for the amazing!

Gonna have to ask the Doc next time I see him. :D