Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nearly 8 weeks post op

I had my surgery on Feb 27, my hw was 265 sw 259 (no pre op diet) cw 232. and at my last count a week ago I had lost 20.5 inches My weight loss seems like its slower than others. Although I am very happy to have lost 33 pounds and 20.5 inches. I lost 20 some of that my first month, this month April, I have lost maybe the other 13, and I am hoping for to get in to the 220's before May 1. My goal is to be under 200 by August, which is my birthday, which gives me 3 months.

Actually my dream would be to loose 45 lbs in the next 3 months, so about 15 pounds a month, not sure if thats realistic.

I have a sleeve of steel unfortunatley, I can eat almost anything. At first nothing tasted good. It took me awhile to find a food I felt satisfied with. Which is the bacon pineapple meatballs and sausages from costco, also I know its crazy but I really like the chocolate Premier shakes from Costco as well.

I get all my Vitamins in and have only had one problem since surgery to speak of which was a ruptured ovarian cyst, that sent me to the emergency room at 5 am with what I thought for sure was a gall bladder attack from WLS.

My NSV was going to the store to buy clothes and even bigger NSV they were not all BLACK! lots of colors, and off the rack, still buying XXL, and size 18 jeans at Old Navy, but it is comfortable, or just a bit too big. I was at the point before surgery where this would have been too small for me. So I just wouldnt buy new clothes.

Sorry I am rambling, I havent told anyone about my surgery except for my husband/mom/sister/daughter ( I swore her to secrecy so she better not tell anyone..she is 14 lol)

So no one to really talk about with all of this.

Thanks for listening...

I understand completely. I'm a slow loser too. I know that I could speed it up a bit if I were more diligent in my eating habits but I don't care for that much deprivation so I guess I'll just lose slower. I'm at 22 lbs in 6 weeks. Oddly, I seem to be losing some inches in spite of the slow moving scale. I've had no need for new clothes yet but the old ones are slowly getting bigger.

Hang in there! You have done great so far:)

Are you eating all Proteins? I just thought I would eat everything in smaller amts. but that doesn't work :(

Yes I mainly just eat protiens. But I have snuck in some carbs on the weekends. You can, well I can eat around my sleeve if I choose to. But that is a bad habit to start. I catch myself. Its true what they say on here up your Water and protien and the scale will pay off.

Sleeve February 27th too. Yay. SW 266 today 232. 34lbs down I am a slow looser. I thought the weight will fall off like it did in the beginning. But I also was not exercising and I was eating slider foods like cracker and Peanut Butter daily

Not getting enough Water. I take my Protein though. But I am not UnHappy about the weight loss. Looking at the positive I look good to me compared to 266lbs. From a 3x to a XL. Yay

I am a slow loser too. I started at full steam post-op and losted almost 20 lbs in 2.5 weeks. Then the scale just stopped moving! I was so frustrated!

I try to get in at least 80gms of Protein and the min req 64 floz of Water daily--it's hard! All my Vitamins alone, helps me get a lot of water in daily.

Recently' I resolved to focus on a healthy lifestyle without the scale. I also focused on how good it feels to slide into an old larger size jeans. Everybody's different, and this is hard enough, so I don't focus on others' numbers and keep my eyes on my own progress. Slow but sure!

Omg, our stats are extremely similar.....my birthday is in August, I was sleeved on 2/27, I started at 267, preop I was at 251, and I also have a sleeve of steel.....lol....I am down to 219, but we can do this!!!!! The only thing that's different is you can drink Protein shakes...I can't....I tried again last week and lost it...I believe the whey gets to my sleeve... Don't worry...we will be fine!!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches