Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about last fill, etc.

I was filled on 11/27/06 - this was my 2nd fill and I have a 10cc band. I now have a total of 2cc in me.

Here is my question - and I have a friend who has the same question...

With my first fill I had no restriction what so ever. With my 2nd fill I have lots of restriction - and it seems like everything I eat - no matter what it is - it tends to hurt or give me that stuck feeling. Is it that I have too much of a fill? Will the feeling pass if I let it be? Is it that I am still just really swelled in there and need to stay on liquids/mushy for a while?

Tonja

For me, the post-fill swelling only lasts about two days. You were filled about a week ago. I'd say it's possible you're too tight. If you can still eat enough to wait it out a few days you may want to see if it gets better but I'd probably go ahead and call the doc for a slight unfill. It happens to many people, the fill is just a little too tight and once a bit is removed they feel better. If it is that your band actually is too tight then you probably don't want to let it go too long. Good luck!

That's not a whole lot of fill for that size band. I stay swelled for at least 7 days. I would try just calling my surgeon and then doing the liquids/mushies also, make sure your chewing, chewing, chewing and then chew some more. I also eat with my granddaughters baby spoon and fork and cut into pieces I would cut for her. This will also cause you to get the stuck feeling if you don't do. Good luck.

Maybe I just need to practice my chewing even more. Maybe I'm doing too big of bites. When I'm eating it seems like I'm really chewing and eating small bites, but I'm really going to pay **really** close attention. I'm also going to do some liquids and mushies for a couple of days and see.

I have had both Inamed LapBands. The VG 10cc band is usually filled to 3-5cc's at the time of surgery. I presently have 9.5 cc's in my VG and only PB occasionally when I try to eat steak which just doesn't work or am stressed while eating.

Are you sure that you have a 10cc band and the 4cc?? Many people get confused with the length of their band and not the fill capacity.

If you can't eat and it hurts no matter what band you have I recommend that you get some saline removed before you get side effects like reflux or soft food syndrome which will lead to poor eating choices and a weight gain.

My surgeon will fill me beyond capacity but I am doing it the old fashioned way to get off the last 20 pounds and still be able to eat a variety of foods in different parts of the globe. BTW, I can wear size 8 jeans (J. Jill "Tried and True Fit") which are loose at the waist now. I may just stay where I am and just maintain this weight.

Each surgeon seems to do fills very differently and each of our bodies react differently to fill levels. That being said, if you are in pain and it hurts when you eat time, it is time to contact your surgeon to discuss the situation.

Being too tight leads to a prolapse (slipped band) which often has to be replaced.

I hope that my "wisdom" of being band for 3 years with the 4cc band for 14 months and the VG band for 25 months helps you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches