Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cheated and I LIKED IT!

Okay so I am almost six weeks post op. Today my mom, fiancé, and I went to a cake tasting for our wedding. I went in knowing I would have to closely monitor myself or I would be in BIG trouble. (Didn't want to vomit at the bakery) I had a nibble about the size of an M&M from five cakes. I don't have too much of a sweet tooth, but no way was I missing out on Godiva white chocolate cake, strawberries & champaign cake, berries on a cloud cake, or caramel cream brûlée cake. Those five nibbles gave me a massive sugar rush for about 20 min.

Then I had chicken and black Beans for dinner.

Am I sorry I cheated with my five nibbles of heaven? Nope. Am I craving more cake? No way. For me it has always been about Portion Control. Even though I felt no restriction from cake (shocking) I knew a few nibbles would be my new limit.

This was my first cheat. First non Protein rich food. Loved it, but not near enough to make a habit.

Way to stare it down! Engaged brain, compulsion conquered!

Excellent!

You've done exactly what I am trying to do, and color me impressed!

Enjoy that small indulgence, and own it for what it is - a tiny blip on the nutrition radar, and a huge victory in control!

I whole heartedly agree what what the others posted!

And I challenge the use of the word "cheated"...you planned for this, you strategized your Portion Control, and you had a healthy dinner after instead of continuing to eat not-good-for-you stuff. I'd say that's stellar behavior, not cheating!

Great job! Congrats on your upcoming wedding :) and on your continued success!

...besides, no one wants to go to a wedding where the cake is crappy! It was your duty, darn it!

Glad you enjoyed it!! Portion Control is what it is all about. Still have to enjoy life and keep in livin'!!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!! Best wishes! :D

...besides, no one wants to go to a wedding where the cake is crappy! It was your duty, darn it!

Excellent point!!! A bad cake can ruin a wedding! You took one for the team!!! Lol!!

LoL!!!! Well my mom and fiancé wouldn't have let me eat more even if I wanted to. They are pretty good support and make me accountable.

And I will not have dry yucky cake. Open bar and awesome cake. Best ingredients for a kick a$$ wedding.