Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its all happened so fast!

So...lots of good news!!!!

I called my insurance company today and found out I was approved (within 3 days no less)! I have my surgery scheduled for April 24th!! The whole process only took 4 months (from my first seminar to surgery date)! I am really happy and excited, but it all seemed to easy....its real but not 100% real right now.

I am getting super scared and nervous! I want to keep only positive energy around me right now, but its so hard not to worry about the negatives....I am just hoping for a complication free quick recovery.

This sounds like my experience! My surgeon's office finally got all of the paperwork submitted last Friday and I was approved Monday morning! They scheduled me the same afternoon and I'm getting sleeved on the 29th! Reality hasn't really hit me yet.... are you ready??

I too started the process the end of january and am getting sleeved on the 23rd!!!! I am in the same boat as you!!! I am so nervous!!! I begin my liquid diet next tuesday.... The wheels are starting to turn and there's no going back now!

Im not sure if Im ready, but I am excited....just really nervous!

I can relate to your being nervous. I went to Mexico for surgery but from the time I called them and made the decision to go and then had the surgery was 3 weeks. In a way you might be better off. You don't have much time to sit around and over-think this thing. The odds are in your favor for a trouble free surgery and recovery. Take a deep breath, get things in order for when you return home from surgery, and get ready for your new life. You got this Starla:)

I had a quick turn around too. first consultation in September sleeved in November..

I'm kinda glad it went that fast! It didn't give me to much time to freak out, or have months dieting and the dreaded "food funerals" that some people have and then actually gain weight waiting for surgery!

I had a quick turn around too. first consultation in September sleeved in November..

I'm kinda glad it went that fast! It didn't give me to much time to freak out, or have months dieting and the dreaded "food funerals" that some people have and then actually gain weight waiting for surgery!

So... tell me more about these "food funerals!" ;) I will probably have to have a diet coke funeral because I am seriously addicted. On Monday after I got the big call, I swore them off. I made it til this afternoon before I caved. :\

So... tell me more about these "food funerals!" ;) I will probably have to have a diet coke funeral because I am seriously addicted. On Monday after I got the big call, I swore them off. I made it til this afternoon before I caved. :\

RIP Diet Pepsi....I will miss you sooo much!!!

I havent really been having food funerals, but I have ate at my favorite resteraunts in the past couple weeks. Not over eating or anything, but chosing more healthy options at my favorite places! I think I will have some bbq before surgery though!

Oh diet coke THE HARDEST TO BREAK :P

Thank god I quit that months before I even knew I was having surgery. It was hard!!

food funerals are when people freak out and think they are never going to eat normal food again, so they go out a eat their favorite meals in copious amounts.. And blow up like a puffer fish :o

I will definitely have to have some of my favorite foods before surgery, but I am supposed to be eating well this month so I'll have to limit the quantities! Hmmm, fajitas and margaritas sound good tonight... :D

Why yes a margarita does sound good!! You got me on that one. That is one thing that you will not have for a long time after! Good choice :P

I am in a similar situation. First visit to the doctor March 13, approved Monday this week, and scheduled for surgery next Tuesday, April 9. Less than a month start to finish!

Of course, today I get the call that the insurance clearers screwed up and said I was approved when it should have been someone else, and now they want 6-month supervised diet and a full psych eval (neither of which were on the requirements they sent to my doctor!), so screw them, I'm paying for it myself! I've made this decision, and I'm doing it NOW, not in 6 months!

I should have figured this would happen. Because of Obamacare coming, my insurance carrier is dropping ALL group insurance in December anyway.

Hello everyone, I'm nervous found out that my surgery will be on April 30th. Wow I'm almost there. I have a coworker that had surgery 9months ago and she down approx. 80 lbs . She looks Great and she is my Sleeve Buddy. She is guiding me from Protein shakes with Peanut Butter to websites that have Protein Snacks. Anyone else out there have a date of the 30th

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi everyone... just wanted to chime in .... I'm getting my sleeve done on April 30 here in Rochester ny with Dr. O'Malley.... my nerves hasn't kicked in yet. I was looking to find a group to chat with and compare. Its nice to have the support of friends and family but I think it would be nice to chat with ppl who are going through the same thing. So here I am saying "HI!!!"

My process has been SUPER fast, too. Attended seminar 3/1/13, saw NUT, mental health, met with surgeon twice, and scheduled for surgery on 4/23/13!