Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello new and from the UK

Thanks for the tip about the excercise coops, I had wondered when we should start some form of excercise into the mix so that answered another of my questions :)

Hi all,

How is it going for all? The weather is so bad and it does make walking difficult. I have decided to learn how to swim. I am so excited.I cant exercise much so I thought why not try swimming. any suggestions, feedback friends?

Well done on having the guts to learn to swim, its something I have been debating as I have mobility issues the weight loss will not cure but I never felt comfortable enough to go to a swimming pool at this size.

Well done on having the guts to learn to swim, its something I have been debating as I have mobility issues the weight loss will not cure but I never felt comfortable enough to go to a swimming pool at this size.

Willow, I have paralysis of my leg from childhood. i am sure if I can anyone can. I will let you know how it goes. Just see to that the pool has a good trainer and a hoist in the beginning.

Good to see some new names here - pre sleevers, don't worry - you will be fine! Just follow the guidelines you are given, listen you your bodies and go with it! Remember the sleeve isn't a magic bullet and there will be tough times, but when your health improves and you start to look good it is all worth it. One little thing about exercise though - try and build it in around the 6mths post op mark; that is what I did. I did gentle walking and a little swimming before then. The only reason I say that is that it will help with body shape as you lose weight. I'm not talking Lara Croft here (I wish) but as the fat goes it is good to have a strong muscle base and the health benefits are worth it. Good luck to those who are waiting - and keep up the good work to those who are losing!!

Let's see some photos coop luv

Willow, I have paralysis of my leg from childhood. i am sure if I can anyone can. I will let you know how it goes. Just see to that the pool has a good trainer and a hoist in the beginning.

yes please do let us know how you get on

swimming is awesome exercise - it tones up all the body.

I started walking, then used the kids wii fit! That was really good in the beginning... I then went on to swimming, when I felt more confident in my own skin. I used the gym in work a lot - running machine and the rowing machine. I also went to my son's boxing gym when I had lost more weight and was fitter - then my bloody back went! Anyway, now I still walk when the weather permits...lol ... I do a bit of everything these days; zumba, gym, curves (that is really good for losing inches) boxing, swimming and we do insanity in work now and again! All good!

I will post some pics here when I can get to my other puter... there aren't any on this one...

I'm still not at surgeon's goal (lost nearly 6 stone but could do with losing at least another stone) - just a pound away and my scale bounce all over the place...I'm going through the menopause early so I blame my hormones... I will get there though. I also had a TT and BL 11 mths ago and that has made a huge difference to my confidence and self esteem... I

honestly believe that the sleeve is for life... not just for christmas...lol!

swimming is awesome exercise - it tones up all the body. I started walking, then used the kids wii fit! That was really good in the beginning... I then went on to swimming, when I felt more confident in my own skin. I used the gym in work a lot - running machine and the rowing machine. I also went to my son's boxing gym when I had lost more weight and was fitter - then my bloody back went! Anyway, now I still walk when the weather permits...lol ... I do a bit of everything these days; zumba, gym, curves (that is really good for losing inches) boxing, swimming and we do insanity in work now and again! All good! I will post some pics here when I can get to my other puter... there aren't any on this one... I'm still not at surgeon's goal (lost nearly 6 stone but could do with losing at least another stone) - just a pound away and my scale bounce all over the place...I'm going through the menopause early so I blame my hormones... I will get there though. I also had a TT and BL 11 mths ago and that has made a huge difference to my confidence and self esteem... I honestly believe that the sleeve is for life... not just for christmas...lol!

well coops, well done to you. What a story, and you're still working hard at it. Really great to hear a success story, and truthfully, with all the ups and downs. Makes us more prepared......

I've been going to Water workout, and I love it. I like the Water, and swimming anyway, so I thought I'd give it ago. I did feel really self conscious at first, but I must say I felt really welcome. Unlike some of the other classes on the same building. I walk most days and do. My 10k steps most days naturally as part of my job. I'm upset I let the instructor of Zumba put me off of going again, but she so embarrassed me, well, more than just embarrassed. Can't wait till the op and show her. I also do about ten lengths after water workout. Should think about increasing that.

For those who are in the process of pre sleeve, a good place to shop for protien shakes is Holland and Barrett. They have a good range , also have whey Protein isolate which gives 35 gms with skimmed milk. I have been to costco and the choice in the UK is limited, as compared to what i have read in these posts. Also good Protein Bars are available on Amazon website . hope this helps.

You can get good whey isolate from myprotein.com They sell taster packs so you can try the different flavours. I like the vanilla one and I add a little instant coffee to make a 'latte', don't pay for express delivery as delivery is good.

i'm in the uk and i get mine from http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk

i get PhD diet whey but they hav eloads and loads of them and ready to drinks PhD does them as a juice not shake type though they do leave your mouth feeling dry.