Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~December Chat!

Here we are in December already! I don't know about you but 7 months into this crazy journey has been amazing for me. I have offically lost 53 pounds since I was banded, actually down 63 pounds from my heaviest weight of 290. YIKES! I am fitting comfortably into size 18 pants, from the misses section! I have been shopping in the little tiny fat girls section for so long that I didn't realize how much stores have to offer normal sized people! I was at Kohl's on Monday with a girlfriend and I wandered through the entire Misses section and it just went on and on and on. I was shocked! My MIL has lost quite a bit of weight since I was banded (hubby says I inspired her to get healthier, yay!) and we were discussing last week how scary and overwhelming it is to have so many choices in clothes. When your world is small, like the "womens" section, it gets comfortable, but when you have to venture out of that box it sure is scary! Can't quite get my head around that one yet. I need to get to Old Navy this weekend and get a couple of pairs of new jeans to get me through for awhile. My too big jeans are just ridiculous looking on me now.

I am looking forward to the holidays and spending time with family and friends. I won't be embarassed to have my picture taken this year! I will get some new pics posted next weekend!

Happy December everyone!

I know what you mean about the selection of clothes going on and on...I work in a department store and found myself confused by the unlimited choices. Before, I had just a bit of Alfred Dunner, Koret, and McNaughtington to pick from. (And I'm not knocking anyone's taste here if you like those styles but they aren't my favorites and most certainly not for everyday wear). Now I have so many more to pick from!

Thanks Drewslou for keeping this board going. Time since surgery has just flown by. Can't wait to see how we are at one year!;)

Drew!!!! You have "the bag lady" syndrome, too! Baggy pants that sag so bad but you are afraid to let them go. :help:

It took me a long time to realize that buying new clothes was OK. It took some ladies who work for me, pulling me aside and telling me to go get new jeans to actually realize how baggy my jeans had gotten. ;)

But isn't it a great problem to have??:clap2:

I love the fact that now I have choices. Going from a 22-24 shirt to a 16-18 shirt.....I don't have to buy old lady clothes anymore.:biggrin1: Even my size 18 jeans are getting too loose. I was shocked when I was in Walmart and realized I didn't have to buy in the women's section anymore. :clap2:

I think it's a great Christmas present for all of us! Way to go Maysters!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It's odd that you brought this up because I was just having the same experiences everyone else seems to be having, too.

That misses section is almost scary...and I still feel like people are looking at me and wondering what that fat lady is doing here! Then it's another shock to actually be thinking 'this will never fit' and it does!

I am in a bit of a stall...haven't lost an ounce (well not true, I've lost the same pound a couple of times now) since we started the 'I have a dream'. Now my dream is to get off this plateau and get moving down again.

I think my body isn't used to the carbs I've added to my diet. So, it's no more added carbs for me for a week to see if that's the culprit.

Glad everyone is doing well and that we all seem to be in the same places...

Happy Christmas shopping everyone...and don't forget to buy yourself a new 'smaller sized' special outfit. ;)

From a man's perspective, I feel normal again because I can shop at a regulare store. Rarely do stores have a "big/tall section. They make us go to specialty stores. I feels so good to be able to go to Wal-Mart and but a pair of jeans or t-shirt off the rack instead of going cross town to a big/tall store and paying 3 x's the price for the same quality colthes. Ain't the band grand! I am so happy for all the success us May Bandsters are having!

Thanks Drewlou. I appreciate the encouragement. I have about 40 to go, but I think I would lose about 20 with a Tummy Tuck :confused: . I need to wait a while for that though.

Ok I'm officially joining the "I have a dream" Challenge. I have put this off because I really wanted to be 220 by Christmas but I don't really think that's reasonable so I will make that my challenge goal. The challenge ends on Jan. 15th, right???

Drewslou - you look great yourself! :clap2: I am envious of the snow. We got just a dusting here in the Dallas area and people thought the world was ending. I love the snow.

WhoooooHoooooo Drew!!!! You look SO good! Way to go!!!!!! OUSooner!!! Both my DH and I went, "oh.....WOW!!!!!" You both are lookin' good!

Has anyone heard of the book "The Secret"? I saw the authors on Ellen. (I watched lots of daytime tv while I was sick.......:heh: ) A very interesting book and I guess DVD. It talks about how you can think yourself to your goals - not a new idea - but also why this works. How it's a very physical phenomenon. And it follows the laws of physics. Listening to the authors made so much sense I may just go out and buy the book. Positive thoughts and posivite self-image definitely aren't new, but maybe I just need a little motivation to continue my journey. And possibly meet some other goals.

One of the things the authors promote is sitting quietly for a minute or two every day and envisioning what it is you want and to emotionally involve yourself in this dream........pretty basic motivational stuff that I've seen myself and my kids do at one time or another to help focus for a competition. But you are suppose to do this for ALL your goals.

Does anyone do meditation to help them make it thru the plateaus? The hard times when the weight isn't coming off or when the old demons that put the weight on creep back up?

Interesting concept.