Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I stayed at the Westin Hotel. It was very close to the surgery center and very comfortable. They give a small discount for patients. Natalie sent me a list of hotels. It was on that list. I would stay there again.

Thank you Julie Ann. I love love love the Westin Hotels. Their Heavenly Bed is just like home for me and I have a not so easy time sleeping when I am away from home. I'll keep in mind this location. Very glad they give a discount.

FYI- For those who have pain issues, be mindful that your meds can affect your weight loss. :thumbup: My Dr. Pain said that while RXs can take away the pain, it also can create a problem in constipation:blink: which can impede weight loss. I have just begun using a combination of prunes, chew 30 times and sip with hot tea or OTC softeners OR black licorice or black licorice tea.

Thoughts for today:

Do you remember when Pinocchio decides to go to Pleasure Island even after Jiminy Cricket begs him not to go because Pleasure Island is a bad place for little boys? Pinocchio doesn’t listen to Jiminy Cricket, does he? He makes a poor choice. Because Pinocchio makes that poor choice, he grows donkey ears and a tail. You’ve probably never made a poor choice and then grown donkey ears and a tail, but have you ever made a poor choice and things turned out badly?

"Our choices help decide what will happen next in our life."

In the end, Pinocchio makes some smart choices and becomes a brave, truthful, and unselfish little boy.

So listen up! This is what we can learn from Pinocchio and his friend Jiminy Cricket: It’s important to listen to the good advice of those who care, so you can make choices that will help you find your own happy ending.

Make it a great day... or not. The choice is yours.

>>credit goes to Project Widsom

Anybody notice how greedy we human beings can be? It's interesting that greed and hunger are synonymous. In other words, they have a similar meaning. So the question is: What are we human beings so hungry for?

Lao-tzu (pronounced la OUT zu), ancient Chinese teacher, said

"There is no greater disaster than greed."

The Japanese say it this way:

"He who knows not when he has enough, is poor."

So here are some words of wisdom for those with a dangerous appetite: The fastest way to heal greed is with gratitude. When we count our blessings . . . when we focus on what we have instead of what we don't have . . . gratitude replaces greed

Lastly, please keep in your thoughts a friend of ours "Sammy" who is starting the journey to banding here in Florida. I spoke to him yesterday and unfortunately he went to a TAMPA BAY AREA facility that does banding and was told he needed to pay an additional $1000 PLUS this doctor's own special 'drink' to consume two weeks prior to surgery.

*I wish he were going to our good doctor in Colorado*

He is extremely obese as I was in the beginning which poses many other complications. Please keep him in your thoughts.

*is anyone else sensing the urge to "Pay it Forward"?

OFFER:

Size 4x skirts and blouses.

I have a few items to give away to someone in need. One set is a beautiful black and white polyester crepe skirt and blouse. Waist is flexible. Please do not put this on Ebay. Very nice clothes purchased at Catherines.

First one to respond can PM me (private message me)to get the clothes.

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on which hotel to book that's close to Crown Point Surgery Center. My main concerns are comfortable beds and cleanliness. Any suggestions? Thanks, Susie

The Holiday Inn Select in Parker is the one many stay in and it's very reasonable. I work at the hospital that is connected to the surgicenter and I have stayed there several times during snow storms. The beds are very comfy!

Thank you Julie Ann. I love love love the Westin Hotels. Their Heavenly Bed is just like home for me and I have a not so easy time sleeping when I am away from home. I'll keep in mind this location. Very glad they give a discount.

FYI- For those who have pain issues, be mindful that your meds can affect your weight loss. :thumbup: My Dr. Pain said that while RXs can take away the pain, it also can create a problem in constipation:blink: which can impede weight loss. I have just begun using a combination of prunes, chew 30 times and sip with hot tea or OTC softeners OR black licorice or black licorice tea.

Thoughts for today:

Do you remember when Pinocchio decides to go to Pleasure Island even after Jiminy Cricket begs him not to go because Pleasure Island is a bad place for little boys? Pinocchio doesn’t listen to Jiminy Cricket, does he? He makes a poor choice. Because Pinocchio makes that poor choice, he grows donkey ears and a tail. You’ve probably never made a poor choice and then grown donkey ears and a tail, but have you ever made a poor choice and things turned out badly?

"Our choices help decide what will happen next in our life."

In the end, Pinocchio makes some smart choices and becomes a brave, truthful, and unselfish little boy.

So listen up! This is what we can learn from Pinocchio and his friend Jiminy Cricket: It’s important to listen to the good advice of those who care, so you can make choices that will help you find your own happy ending.

Make it a great day... or not. The choice is yours.

>>credit goes to Project Widsom

Anybody notice how greedy we human beings can be? It's interesting that greed and hunger are synonymous. In other words, they have a similar meaning. So the question is: What are we human beings so hungry for?

Lao-tzu (pronounced la OUT zu), ancient Chinese teacher, said

"There is no greater disaster than greed."

The Japanese say it this way:

"He who knows not when he has enough, is poor."

So here are some words of wisdom for those with a dangerous appetite: The fastest way to heal greed is with gratitude. When we count our blessings . . . when we focus on what we have instead of what we don't have . . . gratitude replaces greed

Lastly, please keep in your thoughts a friend of ours "Sammy" who is starting the journey to banding here in Florida. I spoke to him yesterday and unfortunately he went to a TAMPA BAY AREA facility that does banding and was told he needed to pay an additional $1000 PLUS this doctor's own special 'drink' to consume two weeks prior to surgery.

*I wish he were going to our good doctor in Colorado*

He is extremely obese as I was in the beginning which poses many other complications. Please keep him in your thoughts.

*is anyone else sensing the urge to "Pay it Forward"?

I'll keep your friend Sammy in my thoughts and prayers. We are so fortunate to have had Dr. K. He is so skilled and he is so logical when it comes to things like fills and pre-op/post-op diets. I just feel we were so blessed!

Keep us posted as to how Sammy is doing!

Hey Patty, we both have 143 lbs to lose to goal!

If you come just a few minutes before seven, we'll be sitting on the bench just inside the restaurant. See you then!

Hi -

I'd love to join everyone at the Red Robin on Wednesday. Which one is it? I work near the one in Arvada - but I think the one you are meeting in is in the South Denver area? I can be there at 7, no problem

Mary

Hi -

I'd love to join everyone at the Red Robin on Wednesday. Which one is it? I work near the one in Arvada - but I think the one you are meeting in is in the South Denver area? I can be there at 7, no problem

Mary

it's the Red Robin at I-25 and Arapahoe. Which way will you be driving? If you're coming down Arapahoe, it's on the left had side, just before the entrance to the freeway.

THANKS! I'll be coming south on I-25 from Arvada. But I get off work at 5 and shouldn't have any trouble getting there by 7. I am so excited to meet some other people who share this experience!

THANKS! I'll be coming south on I-25 from Arvada. But I get off work at 5 and shouldn't have any trouble getting there by 7. I am so excited to meet some other people who share this experience!

I'm excited to meet you too! You're going to love Mini!

Having Mini here from out of town is a special treat! We love meeting when Banditos come from out of town.

if you're traveling south on I-25 exit on Arapahoe and go west. You'll see it there at the first light, on the northwest corner. Watch out that's a camera light. Those lights always make me nervous! I never run a light, but the yellows can turn so quickly!

OFFER:

Size 4x skirts and blouses.

I have a few items to give away to someone in need. One set is a beautiful black and white polyester crepe skirt and blouse. Waist is flexible. Please do not put this on Ebay. Very nice clothes purchased at Catherines.

First one to respond can PM me (private message me)to get the clothes.

Patty!

I have to tell you something!

My daughter was siting with me yesterday as I was responding to some posts and she saw your picture. She said, "Wow, she's beautiful!" It made me smile, thinking about how far you've come and how hard you've worked!

You are beautiful Miss Patty!!

Kayleigh's Mommy: how is your MIL doing after her surgery? Sorry I didn't get to see you that day in recovery, they kept me in pre-op the entire day.

Nora-

Not so good. Dr Shofnos came out and told me the nodes were cancerous. We went to RM Cancer Center in Parker yesterday. It is small cell lung cancer. She is starting chemo on Monday.

This is kind of funny (in a sad way) : after her surgery she was complaining about a LOT of pain... then said her right arm was numb. They sent her for a MRI, and ordered a neurological consult . Dr Shafnos (sp?) came to the waiting room to tell me this, also to tell me that nothing they had done would cause this... at the most if he had hit/injured a nerve it would be on the left side, not the right. He called me in the waiting room later and told me her brain was fine.... no stroke that day,,, or ever. I just said "told ya so" they kept her over night and she came home Friday afternoon.

Even though she is a huge faker, I know this is a very real, very serious illness. We have a long road ahead of us with treatments and such.

Thanks for asking, it was so great taling to you, and I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

[Nora-

Not so good. Dr Shofnos came out and told me the nodes were cancerous. We went to RM Cancer Center in Parker yesterday. It is small cell lung cancer. She is starting chemo on Monday.

This is kind of funny (in a sad way) : after her surgery she was complaining about a LOT of pain... then said her right arm was numb. They sent her for a MRI, and ordered a neurological consult . Dr Shafnos (sp?) came to the waiting room to tell me this, also to tell me that nothing they had done would cause this... at the most if he had hit/injured a nerve it would be on the left side, not the right. He called me in the waiting room later and told me her brain was fine.... no stroke that day,,, or ever. I just said "told ya so" they kept her over night and she came home Friday afternoon.

Even though she is a huge faker, I know this is a very real, very serious illness. We have a long road ahead of us with treatments and such.

Thanks for asking, it was so great taling to you, and I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

I"m so sorry to hear about the Ca diagnosis. She is so fortunate to have you as a support person. And I know your family means the world to her, too!

Look at my ticker today - I am so excited to be half-way to goal! :biggrin: Now hoping to see the numbers "199" on my scale one day soon.

It's been 6 months, best decision ever.

Hey Denver area nurses, just wanted to give you a heads up that Dr. K is scheduled to do a grand rounds on the topic of "Obesity Management":

Friday, April 24, 12-1, Medical Center of Aurora, North Campus, Ed Lord Room. I think it would be great if a few of us could surprise him by showing up.

Look at my ticker today - I am so excited to be half-way to goal! :thumbdown: Now hoping to see the numbers "199" on my scale one day soon.

It's been 6 months, best decision ever.

Hey Denver area nurses, just wanted to give you a heads up that Dr. K is scheduled to do a grand rounds on the topic of "Obesity Management":

Friday, April 24, 12-1, Medical Center of Aurora, North Campus, Ed Lord Room. I think it would be great if a few of us could surprise him by showing up.

Congrats!!!

I am so happy for you!!!

Thanks for the info on Dr. K's presentation!

Thanks Julie.Ann. I'll definitely make my reservation there.

April 1st Challenge

Minidriver ------(Goal -10lbs) -4.5,+6.5,-3.5, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, :thumbdown:

Lap_dancer-----(Goal -33lbs) 0.0,+4.5,-2.0,-2.7, -2.0,0.0, biggrin.gif (Total -2.4)

Deboregon -----(Goal -15lbs) -2.6,-3.4,+1.8,smile.gif,smile.gif, smile.gif, :seeya:

Julie.Ann -------(Goal -19lbs) -4.9,-1.9,-2.0,-2.9,-2.4,-2.4, 0.0 (Total -16.5)

PrtyAntOvrYt---(Goal -30lbs) -4.2, smile.gif,-1.0,-1.8,smile.gif,-4.0, biggrin.gif (Total -11.0)

BellaPerdente--(Goal -12lbs) 0.0,-3.0,-1.0, 0.0,-2.0,-1.0 biggrin.gif (Total -7.0)

Lotzasunshine--(Goal -12lbs)+1.5,-0.0,-0.0,-3.0, 0.0,-2.5, biggrin.gif (Total -4.0)

Jmegirl----------(Goal -15lbs) -2.6,-2.4,+1.2,+0.8,-1.8,-1.2, biggrin.gif, (Total -6.0)

KaleighsMommy-(Goal -10lbs) smile.gif,-0.4,-0.4,-5.4,+3.0,-2.6, biggrin.gif (Total -5.8)

Well here you go. Our last weigh in of our April 1st challenge. I lost 10 lbs this week.....April Fools Day! :tt2:The Wii Fit played a joke on me already. I didn't lose and I didn't hit my goal of ONEderland. It was a pretty big goal and I'm okay with the fact that I didn't hit it. Maybe next week. I think we all did a great job! I'm just so glad I have the band.

I am going for a fill on Friday. I don't think I need one, but even if I don't I have some questions for Dr. K

I am taking a friend with me and I will be telling her on the way. That is a big deal for me since I have kept this a secret so far from everyone except my hubby and another friend.

Edited by julie.ann