Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Satiety foods for post goal hunger?

This may or may not kick the hunger out' date=' but I keep the light Babybel cheeses in my fridge. The light version is only 50 calories and a whopping 6 grams of Protein. (They are pricey at the grocery store but well worth it at Costco). It really helps me feel like I'm eating something without blowing my calorie budget.

They are the ones sold in a plastic netted bag and each cheese wheel is encased in a layer of wax. As long as they stay cold they are quite portable.[/quote']

Yes, good suggestion. We have those, but I don't eat them very often. Maybe 1 every few days and only once in a day. Not saying they are too many calories or not good for post op. I just am not really hooked on them, but will have one if starving before dinner. Love the netted pack from Costco!

Yes, good suggestion. We have those, but I don't eat them very often. Maybe 1 every few days and only once in a day. Not saying they are too many calories or not good for post op. I just am not really hooked on them, but will have one if starving before dinner. Love the netted pack from Costco!

That is about how often I eat them also. However, back when I was packing a daily lunch, though, I probably ate one a day with about 15g (half of a "serving") of mixed nuts and that would count as one of my "snacks" for the day.

Oh, just thought of a another favorite combo (cheese and nuts being one) half a granny smith apple with 1oz or less of cheddar cheese.

Apparently this just turned into a post about how much I love cheese (cottage included... ;) )

I like frozen greek yogurt, greek yogurt, cheese sticks, Babybel, cottage cheese, Jerky, or a spoonful of Peanut Butter, or a Protein bar. I also like boiled eggs or a single cooked egg with a bit of shredded cheese.

I also keep powdered drinks in my pantry in different flavors. I just add Water, and they each have 15 grams of Protein in them. I buy BariWise flavors.

I like frozen greek yogurt, greek yogurt, cheese sticks, Babybel, cottage cheese, Jerky, or a spoonful of Peanut Butter, or a Protein bar. I also like boiled eggs or a single cooked egg with a bit of shredded cheese.

I also keep powdered drinks in my pantry in different flavors. I just add Water, and they each have 15 grams of Protein in them. I buy BariWise flavors.

I forgot about hard-boiled eggs. I go in kicks. Will boil 6 or 8 and keep them handy for a week or so. Hubby is sleeved also and likes them and one of my two daughters will eat them also. Then I forget about them for a while and will have a grocery store day when I buy 18 new eggs but still have 5 or 6 sitting in the fridge. They are better to boil when they aren't as fresh. I add a tbsp of vinegar to the boiling Water to help make them easier to peel. Thanks for the reminder Linda!

a couple of Morningstar veggie meatballs (soy protein)--especially with some ricotta cheese or parm cheese melted on top

Greek yogurt, but only if I eat it with some berries or raw veggies--otherwise it doesn't hold me over long enough

a little salad with hummus and low-fat cheese on top (mini portion)

I really love the peppered flavor Ostrim ostrich and beef sticks. They are heavy enough to fill me up for a while and are quite tasty (to me they taste like a healthier version of a slim jim).They only have 80 calories plus you get 14g Protein and 2 carbs. I buy 10 packs on Amazon but they have single sticks at GNC. There are also other flavors (bbq, applewood, maple brown sugar, and teriyaki). I have only tried the pepper and teriyaki and they were both good but the teriyaki has 3 carbs so I always get the pepper. Hey anywhere I can cut a carb I'll take it ;)

I really love the peppered flavor Ostrim ostrich and beef sticks. They are heavy enough to fill me up for a while and are quite tasty (to me they taste like a healthier version of a slim jim).They only have 80 calories plus you get 14g Protein and 2 carbs. I buy 10 packs on Amazon but they have single sticks at GNC. There are also other flavors (bbq' date=' applewood, maple brown sugar, and teriyaki). I have only tried the pepper and teriyaki and they were both good but the teriyaki has 3 carbs so I always get the pepper. Hey anywhere I can cut a carb I'll take it ;)[/quote']

OMG... another ostrich meat lover!! I brought this up a few months ago and was looked at like I was alien. They are so tasty and good for you. I have just tried teriyaki so will need to try other flavors. Makes me want to go hunt down a squirrel or something. Lol.

Thats so funny! Well if your an alien then I'm an alien because those thing are dang good! I was curious about it before I tried it but I guess I never thought about ostrich being odd since we eat so many other kinds of birds. ;)

My favorite is a half cup Fiber one dry Cereal. Very filling because it's so dry...it's mostly fiber so it has that extra added benefit. I think it's even better than the chia seeds in regard to preventing Constipation.< /p>

My favorite is a half cup fiber one dry cereal. Very filling because it's so dry...it's mostly fiber so it has that extra added benefit. I think it's even better than the chia seeds in regard to preventing Constipation.< /div>

Yes, but Fiber One original has a fair amount of carbs right? And not high in omegas like chia seeds.

Yes, but Fiber One original has a fair amount of carbs right? And not high in omegas like chia seeds.

A full cup has only 8 net carbs...and trust me, you don't want a full cup everyday. I still like my chia seeds for the antioxidants and other reasons, but the fiber one helps with "dropping off the kids" even more than chia.

A full cup has only 8 net carbs...and trust me, you don't want a full cup everyday. I still like my chia seeds for the antioxidants and other reasons, but the fiber one helps with "dropping off the kids" even more than chia.

OMG, thanks for the laugh. My brother once made a reference to "dropping the kids at the pool" and I had NO CLUE what he was talking about. I got confused thinking he was taking my daughters swimming. He had to explain it to me and I was horribly embarrassed. But your post just brought back that conversation from many years ago and made me laugh. Thanks.

Thanks for all the good ideas. I will definitely look for the steak bites at costco. I made a mistake there and bought some Jerky and it was delicious. I should have checked the carbs before I bought it. Way too many carbs for jerkey. it's turkey Jerky but it must be cured in sugar.

Where do you get the Ostrim?

Thanks so much about the tip for boiling eggs. I boiled a bunch of them and could not get the shell off. I like egg salad and my daughter has chickens. I was so mad when trying to take the shell off most of the egg got ruined.

Thanks for all the good ideas. I will definitely look for the steak bites at costco. I made a mistake there and bought some Jerky and it was delicious. I should have checked the carbs before I bought it. Way too many carbs for jerkey. it's turkey jerky but it must be cured in sugar.

Where do you get the Ostrim?

Thanks so much about the tip for boiling eggs. I boiled a bunch of them and could not get the shell off. I like egg salad and my daughter has chickens. I was so mad when trying to take the shell off most of the egg got ruined.

You can buy the Ostrim from GNC and online from Amazon.< /p>

Nuts are a total slider food for me...I swear I can eat the same amount now as before surgery. I'm 8 months out or so, and pretty much at goal, and my hunger has been a little out of control lately. It's the damn trigger foods. Once again I need to cut out the carbs/sugar.

My Snacks are celery and pb or laughing cow cheese, Greek yogurt, boiled eggs (I'm lazy and buy them perfectly boiled and packaged at Costco), string cheese, lunch meat...all already mentioned.

I just made cottage cheese "rice pudding" that is pretty good. I have a couple bites when hunger strikes.