Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

Way to go Teresa. I am so proud of you. I am hitting a wall again. I know I did not eat right this past week though. And I probably won't get past the wall till my family goes home on Friday so I am not worrying too much about no weight loss. I will hit it hard on Monday though. Probably do a juice fast to cleanse my system of all the junk I have been putting in it.

Well I didn't make it...bummer for me owe my husband guilt free dishes...But on the bright side I was 262!!!! I love LL Cool J he made me dance all night and I am sure that helped!:)

I was on Vacation all last week so I did not get on the scale on Monday morning. I hopped on it today thinking it would of gone up a pound or so since being on vacation you know ..but to my amazement I was down 2 pounds to 225.5

How awesome is that being on vacation all week long not makingthe best choices and still losing?

Hello everyone.I thank this is a great ideal.I haven't lost in about a month.I am at 199.I am waiting on another fill.I am starting to snack a lot to me. Everyone else says whatever.So this will help me. I thank we should all set a goal and reward ourselves.Like a cruise and meet .(HAHA good dream huh).

Thanks

Joyce

4/28/04 Dr.Spiegel

225/199/?

Hi Joyce, haven't heard from you in a while. I was on a plateau too, just starting to drop a couple. Cruise and meet does sound like a great reward. We could save all the money from the savings on food!

Hope everyone had a good week! Michelle... thanks so much for starting this challenge and it sounds like you are still doing an awesome job with your band!

I really didn't think I lost this week because I have felt so bloated from all of the stomach crud I have been experiencing... BUT... jumped on this morning and was down to 229!!!! YAY!!!! That's 3 lbs down this week and a grand total of 28 lbs down total! Wow... I can't tell you all how happy that makes me!

We went to a buffet this weekend... I used to cram two plates of food down... two HEAPING plates full... this time... I ordered the baked Haddock and ate half of that and a few steamed vegies. FULL. There was a part of me that yearned to load up a plate and just eat with free abandon... but most of me was just amazed and delighted at how this band helps save me from myself!

Here's to another great week!

Darcy

Originally posted by nightingale2u

I ordered the baked Haddock and ate half of that and a few steamed vegies. FULL.

Darcy, does this mean you're feeling better? Last I heard you weren't able to tolerate solid foods and were heading for an endoscopy. Are you OK?!???

My Monday morning weigh-in was cool. A new low of 254! I'm a happy camper. :)

My Monday weigh in is the same as Fridays 225.5

Congrats Darcy..3 pounds is fantastic! Especially with all that you are going through.. I hope you are feeling batter. I was out of town last week and just read the whole thread of your pain ordeal. I hope you get some answers real soon, sort of sounds like gallbladder issues to me..lets hope its something simple.

I know all too well about the buffets..I was in Vegas for 5 days last week and ate 3 meals a day at those damn buffets...was so afraid to get on the scale when I got home but when I did it was a loss of 2 pounds...Hope you have a great week..please let us know what happens Wednesday..

Alex way to go with your loss!!!!...any loss is a "good thing"...Keep it up..

Congrats Alex! Woo Hoo! I was feeling better other than the result of mild cramping and gigantic proportions of gas (not pretty) after eating. I just got to the point where I was hungry and decided that I was going to eat and live with the results. Then... I took that darn chewable MVI yesterday and starting in with all of the previous discomfort. So... not going to take the MVI again... perhaps I will just have to find a liquid MVI? It will still ease my mind for them to take a gander at the inside of mu stomach and make sure everything is okay in there!

Michelle... My gallbladder was removed when I had the banding... there still could be a problem in the common bile duct if there is any sludge remaining in there I suppose... hopefully it will all be a matter of history soon. Vegas... FUN... I wish I still lived in California so that a trip there wouldn't be so far! I am so bummed that I won't be able to meet all of you at the Vegas get-together!

I rue the day when the scale doesn't give me good news... BUT... I know I would never have been able to lose this much weight with regular dieting. I also would be slipping back into old habits by now... thankfully the band just won't let me!

Hello all and good job on all your progress. Sounds like everyone had a good weigh week. Well it is my turn to stumble. Blah. Stayed the exact same this week. Bummed out but I was a bad girl last weekend and now need to repent. LOL... We had a church picnic and mom did the catering for us (fried chicken, Pasta salad, Cookies etc) and I couldn't even resist the damn chicken skin. And then she left US all the leftovers!!! How lucky. Bad bad girl. Then to make matters worst I had to inn-sit at the bed and Breakfast where I was surrounded by jars of homemade Cookies and minature candy bars. Once again I was a bad girl and made bad choices. I have been better since monday but not good enough to recover a weight loss. I guess I am lucky not to have gained. Recently I have given up on using fitday on the weekends but think I will resume that. Weekends seem to be my biggest problem. I do real well most of the week. Oh-well, such is life. Thrilled to hear about everyone else's success though. Keep up the good work.

Teresa

Dr. Lopez

5/8/04

362/310/???

no fill, down 52 lbs.

OK my weigh in for this week is 252 lbs. I lost a .5 lb. WISH it was more. Looks like Lisa might just win this competition. But the good thing is my fill seems to be back in full force. The restriction is coming on strong. I got a 1cc fill on July 9th and it sorta kinda gave me some restricition. Then all of a sudden I have alot of restriction but not too much. I can still drink liquids without problems. I just have to master the art of taking smaller bites again like when I was first banded. I keep saying I am having sympathy restriction with Pam's first fill yesterday. LOL!!!

At any rate, it is forcing me to relearn what I already learned but forgot. Anyone else experience this phenomen???

Well... no loss this week... but honestly... I should have gained. I need a fill... I know it... I can shove WAY too much food in. Sooooo.... I think as I wait for my fill I will try and challenge myself to exercise more. I told myself before my surgery that I wouldn't beat myself up for overeating anymore and that I would remove the D word from my vocabulary. I simply wanted portion control... a stop to the binging. So... when I look back at my week... I say... "Darcy... you could have lost weight this week if you had been exercising." And this week... I shall test that hypothesis!

It's funny.... I had one day that I ate more carbs than I have eaten since pre-op... I awoke the next morning with a literal hangover. I don't think I really realized how overeating carbs can affect my body. I had increased hunger that entire next day and horrible cravings for MORE carbs.

Hope everyone had and has a wonderful week!

Darcy

This week was a pound and a hlf loss for me...not too bad since I'm in full flow with my period. I normally gain at this time of the month but I know it is because I have really kicked in the exercise. So Darcy you may be right, just get out there and exercise and you will lose, your attitude is great, your not down on yourself, you realized what needs to be done and you are going to do it. Hey Darcy, Lisa Penni and I have a challenge going this week of our own ...to eat healthy make good food chopices...drink all of our daily Water and exercise everyday..why don't you join us with this challenge, maybe the extra motivation will help you?

Just found this thread. The other forum weighs on Wednesdays so I weighed today......189.8 from 192.4 .....I use a Tanita scale and it tells you everything......BMI, BMR, IMPEDANCE, FAT%, FAT MASS, FFM, TBW, DESIRIBLE RANGE, FAT%, FAT MASS, it is really cool.....

Melissa