Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

Laurie, maybe you need to change your goals. For the first six months I didn't have any number goals. My goals were to be happier and to want to live. Maybe you should change your goal to "from now on I will eat like a normal person." Normal people have days when they eat more than they should have, but they don't hate themselves for it. They just move on. You are completely normal. If we don't screw up from time to time then we can't call ourselves human, now can we. Good for you for realizing you ate too much pizza and for sharing it with us because we all love you, pizza and all. I did the same exact thing over the weekend. We went to California, and my husband HAD to have his very favorite (since there's no Numero Uno in Vegas.) But the next morning, I ate 2 pieces of pizza while everyone was asleep. The dogs weren't even awake yet, so I can't even say I shared bits with them! And I'm someone that's never, ever been able to eat in the mornings because of too much restriction, but the pizza slid right down. Be good to you.

Aw, Lauri, I know all too well about beating yourself up about eating too much. Heck, I've been doing it for many, many years. Really though, listen to these wise folks: being disgusted with yourself doesn't help you have a healthier relationship with food (and I outta know!) Eating pizza is NOT a crime, and it's not as though you stepped on a kitten's tail or anything. I'm told it takes awhile to get good restriction; like Lisa says, maybe have your goal being to have normal relationship with food. In the long run, that'll help you be more successful (or so I'm told).

Thanks for the encouragment. Hopefully, when I get back on the scale on Monday I will have lost some more-despite myself. Ya'll are right about that feeling of "blowing it" It's hard to just stop - it makes absolutely no sense at all. "I messed up and ate something I shouldn't have - so I will go on and eat everything in sight!" ;-) Well, I am NOT GOING to continue beating myself up and I AM GOING to go chew on a celery stalk.

Lauri, maybe you're like me and need to eliminate snacking, period. Some of us can eat little amounts all day, then there's those of us that constantly have to put something in our mouths. That's why my current goal is to eat only 3 meals with zero Snacks. The constant need to chew and swallow - even if it's only on celery - is my biggest problem. Just a thought????

Maybe, but I HAD been doing good on 6 small meals but throw a pizza my way and all Heck brakes loose! I really think I could eat it every day! CARBS that's my problem(and I don't mean the healthy kind). I can go through the whole day and not eat anything else! As long as I don't eat them, I don't even get hungry BUT eat one cracker and the next thing you know....the bag is gone.

Lauri,

like everyone here says don't beat yourself up over this. Self mutilation is no good. You made a mistake and realized it and want to correct it. Before when you over ate you didn't consider it a mistake but the way things were and you took no action to correct it.

Hell before the band I only ate one meal a day and gained weight. Now I eat three small meals and two very enjoyable Snacks and I'm losing weight. Secret is the intermission that I know take between spoonfuls of food.< /p>

You'll be alright stick with these ladies here they won't steer you wrong.

Delarla I was under the impresion you were Numero Uno in Vegas????

Lauri

I'd say what delarla said Mmmm, carbs. Feelin' ya, sister. But I'd get slapped. lol

pizza was and still is my downfall. Pizza can be anything you want it to be. Can be a great spaggetti dinner on Sunday nite, Terriffic Prime Rib on a friday nite, Taste great as a Cereal any day for Breakfast. You get the idea. Hell before banding when the family ordered pizza for a meal and I was there it was always one extra large pizza just for me. No kidding the whole thing was mine and I'd eat it all. Now I can't get two whole slices of a 12 slicers down. So I'm slowly realizing it just isn't what it used to be and that brings tears to my eyes. But does not bring weight to the hips.

Its never too late Natalie :D Just post your weight tomorrow and then Wednesday can be your official weigh in day ! Good Luck. This challlenge is great and has really helped me!

I'd recommend a Midwestern bandster gathering in Chicago -- but how could we pass up all those famous pizza joints? Including the place that calls itself the original Numero Uno. Thin crust, stuffed, double crust, we've got it all, and believe me I've tried 'em. I suppose we could order one small pizza to divide among 12 people. . .

Payback is a bitch! Zoe, is that comment about the original Numero Uno to get me back for all my junk food talk? YUM. Don't you dare go there without me! Wrong, wrong, wrong.

3 pounds up... ugh... gotta love the holidays! Going for a fill this Friday... thank goodness! I threw what was remaining of the pies away as they were YELLING at me to eat them!

Zoe... I'm all for a Chicago bash... pizza an Oprah... what a combo!

Hope everybody has a good week!