Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not comparing weightloss to others

Man it's hard not to! I've had a pretty hard time in the three weeks and I think my weightloss is pretty good. Literally 21 lbs in 21 days. Truly, I'm fine with that.

But then you log in and see someone whose breezed through everything and lost 50 lbs in 6 weeks. (Halfway to goal which means she had 100 to lose just like me)

I'm positive I won't lose 30 more lbs in the next three weeks since the dreaded stall is about to find me most likely, and even though inWAS just fine with my weightloss, now I'm dissapointed. Lol. I try not to read those threads but sometimes it just creeps up on ya.

So. I'd love to hear from others whose weight isn't just falling off them.

Personally Amy I think that there are more of us "slow losers" out there, than the crazy "I lost 50 pounds in 2 weeks" people.

That's how I get through the day anyway!

Oh and I predict this will be a long thread of people just like us :)

Amy, 21 pounds in 21 days!? Pretty good!!?? That's amazing! Focus on how much better you feel and not the number on the scale. It's so hard not to compare ourselves to other people, but find joy in YOUR journey and just Celebrate the successes of others and we'll be here to celebrate yours as well!

OMG, you should be dancing on the ceiling. Women always lose slower, nothing wrong with that. Could you have done it on your own? Be proud of yourself for doing the right thing.

I have been a slow loser and my losses have slowed down dramatically over time. Right now I'm only losing about a quarter of a pound a week. Yes, you read that right. But you know what? I'm still losing! And that's what counts. It isn't about how quickly I lose in comparison to anyone else, it's just about the fact that the number on the scale is going down when for years it was only going up!

It is hard! I'm 2 days shy of a month post op and yesterday I gained .2 and today .4! I don't understand ....

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am almost 6 months out and 45 lbs down almost half way to goal but is has been a fight. Celebrate your accomplishments! If I compared myself to people on the forum I would be ready to jump off the nearest bridge. Since I am a slow loser exercise is essential for me. In the long run my body will be more conditioned and stronger for it. For that I am thankful because if it wasn't for the slow losses I may just give up exercise all together! You are doing fabulous!!!! Congratulations!

I am just an "average" loser so far, I think, and feeling like I'm slower lately. I'm in the midst of trying to break a stall, too. My ticker is a little misleading. I am including the weight I lost pre-op as well as post-op. I promise, I have "only" lost 49 lbs in 3 months. When the scale says something other than what I would like it to, I try to think more about how I feel as compared to a year ago. I can move so much better. I am comfortable STANDING for long periods of time. I look in the mirror, and I actually look "normal". Chubby, of course, but "normal". I am essentially the weight I was when I got married 10 1/2 years ago. I have endurance at the gym that I could only dream about a year ago. I don't avoid mirrors anymore, or pictures. No more sleep apnea. I can cross my legs comfortably. This list is all NSVs- it just makes me feel better when the scale is being uncooperative. You have done a fantabulous job! It may slow down, and probably will, but wow, look at what you have accomplished other than the number on the scale!

Good luck!!!!

-Kendra

Yeah....21 pounds in 21 days isn't slow at all! However It seems as though that the people that lose slower have better skin shrinkage....less loose skin. It has taken me two years now to lose more then 140 pounds but my skin looks normal, and I will take slow losing any day over having loose skin!

Man it's hard not to! I've had a pretty hard time in the three weeks and I think my weightloss is pretty good. Literally 21 lbs in 21 days. Truly' date=' I'm fine with that.

But then you log in and see someone whose breezed through everything and lost 50 lbs in 6 weeks. (Halfway to goal which means she had 100 to lose just like me)

I'm positive I won't lose 30 more lbs in the next three weeks since the dreaded stall is about to find me most likely, and even though inWAS just fine with my weightloss, now I'm dissapointed. Lol. I try not to read those threads but sometimes it just creeps up on ya.

So. I'd love to hear from others whose weight isn't just falling off them.[/quote']

Girl I don't think losing 21 lbs. in 2 days is bad. As a matter of fact, its very good!! Be proud and excited. I hv lost 87.9 lbs. in a little over 8 months. I hv a cousin that literally lost 100 lbs. in 3 months!!

The weight will come off and how it does is diff for all of us But it will come off.

21 days not 2 days

Hi i agree with you that it can be hard when I see a lot of people losing very fast in a short time...and it can be frustrating, and I have to remind myself that I need to Celebrate my own weight loss even if it is slow. Surgery date 1/16 and lost 28 pounds, but I will never lose that on my own without surgery so I am very very thankful. I have never felt this young, inches are gone, dropped down 2xl to large. And can move so much better, no more foot pain... So it's more than numbers for me, but yes, I still weigh myself a lot, and wish te scale would move faster. But am also realistic bec I don't want to lose my joy by comparing with others. with 200 pounds/low Bmi, md said my average weight loss goal is about 10pounds/month, and I hope I can keep that.

Man it's hard not to! I've had a pretty hard time in the three weeks and I think my weightloss is pretty good. Literally 21 lbs in 21 days. Truly' date=' I'm fine with that.

So. I'd love to hear from others whose weight isn't just falling off them.[/quote']

Oh and yes! 21 pounds in 21 days-- that freaking amazing! That's not slow at all!

I will be 3 weeks post op on wed...and ill see my doctor on tuesday. I think ive only lost 10 lbs, but lost 8 lbs. before surgery. Ive definately lost inches because my clothes are hanging off me. Im ok with that. Ive imbedded in my skull that im ok with the "number", as long as im losing inches,and feel good. Dont drive urself crazy with the number...it will come off! I was reading about all of these dramatic weight loss stories, and as bad as i want it to come off...its not gonna happen overnight! Go easy on urself!

I drove myself crazy for a while becuase I wasn't losing scale weight. I decided to try on a few shirts I hadn't been able to wear in years and they fit nicely, also some jeans too. I'm celebrating the compliments I get from people each week even when that scale doesn't move, and the clothes I've dusted off and started to wear again from the dark side of my closet. I wouldn't mind being a slow loser, I'm not sure what I am yet. I was down 30 pounds in 3 weeks, but think I caught a stall and haven't moved much in a week.