Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support and/or a friend

Hello all. I am not necessarily new to this site, but I am new to this idea. After much deliberation, I have decided to get the sleeve!! I am 24 years old and would LOVE the advice, support, or help from other people at or Round my age. I have always been chubby or overweight but only in the last 5-6 years have I been obese. I have an appointment on March 29th to see a surgeon (my 1st appointment) and I'm very nervous. Unfortunately, I have a schedule that I can ONLY have the surgery this summer or possibly over a fall break, but that's about it. Anyone live in the AZ area? If not, anyone willing to chat or talk through some things??

So happy for you that you've decided on the sleeve over the band! I think you'll be so much better off!! :) I'm in AZ... Though in October I'll be 30 and not quite qualified for the "Twenties" board anymore! Lol

I am not in my 20's but I am here to help if I can I am 12 weeks out and loving the sleeve I am down 57lbs and feeling so much better, I have been heavy my whole life minus a couple years and I cant wait to get skinny again and enjoy my life, good luck and here any time you need me

Thanks Kristina and giggles!! I am a teacher so my time is limited on when I can get sleeved. What were some of the hoops you had to jump through for insurance? I have BCBS of IL and have gotten a different answer each time I call... It's super annoying! Also, when did you start noticing the weight come off? Like what week?

I didnt have any hoops w/mine it was smooth sailing, 2nd week was when my weight started coming off think the first week your so swollen and still healing that your body doesnt let loose at least for me, lol

That's so frustrating to get a different answer each time!! I am self pay in Mexico this time so I won't have to deal with the hoops this time around, thank goodness! :)

Ok thanks for the info giggles!! I'm so nervous now since I've called 4 times and have gotten seriously 4 different answers. Kristina- since you went through the lap band I would love your input for this as well. I'm so AS worried about loose skin since I am so you g, but what about stretch marks? What'd you use/do?

Ok thanks for the info giggles!! I'm so nervous now since I've called 4 times and have gotten seriously 4 different answers. Kristina- since you went through the lap band I would love your input for this as well. I'm so AS worried about loose skin since I am so you g' date=' but what about stretch marks? What'd you use/do?[/quote']

I lost about 100 with the lap band and I was 18-20 when it all came off. I really didn't have much of a problem with loose skin, probably because of my age at the time! But honestly, there's not a whole lot you can do to prevent it. It's all genetics, age and luck! Lol I'm this time I'll have plenty since I've had two pregnancies and it will (hopefully) be my second time losing substantial amounts of weight. Hopefully your age will help and you won't have much of a problem with it!!

you can always get rid of loose skin, I am hoping I dont have a lot but I am going to start saving to have a Tummy Tuck an a boob lift, lol,

you can always get rid of loose skin' date=' I am hoping I dont have a lot but I am going to start saving to have a Tummy Tuck an a boob lift, lol,[/quote']

I'm with you!! Lol I'm already dreaming about reaching goal and rewarding myself with a TT, and boob lift (even a reduction maybe if they don't shrink down enough)! Lol I did plenty of damage to my figure on my own, but my kids sure didn't help the cause any!! Hahaha

Haha thanks ladies!! Thoughts or opinions on those wraps I keep reading about? Will those help with stretch marks too or is it mainly more for the loose skin?

Neither honestly!! They're a total rip. The only people I have ever seen talking about good results are people that sell them! A poster recently added pictures of her results... then quickly added her website for selling them a couple posts later! They will give you some temporary results but nothing that will last. They're not worth the money.

The wraps are pretty much only worth it if you're going to a big event & don't fit into your dress.

As far as shrinkles, can't be worse than all the jiggle. I plan on buying a pretty corset & gaters to hold everything in place just in case. My hubby and I discussed a breast augmentation but he prefers I didn't. I think I may be able to get my insurance to pay for a pannulectimy or removal of the pannus ( lowest roll).

I'm more concerned about the area below the pannus & above the " lady leaves" I think it's the mons pubis in technical terms. I have a fluffy fat deposit there not sure if it's gonna be aweful?