Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

kicked off of a fair ride....

It may sound odd, but reading all of your comments made me feel so much better. Years ago I was at Six Flags two separate times and was kicked off Raging Bull. It has stuck with me for years. I was just sleeved on May 9th and down 50 pounds. One of my ultimate goals is to get down so I can go ride that stupid F'n ride finally!

Thank you everyone for your stories!!

I have this ridiculous idea that somehow MY weight is going to be the cause of the roller coster breaking down and flying off the track and we all crash and burn. Yep. My weight alone. I know it's silly but that's all I think about instead of enjoying the ride. :-/

I have this ridiculous idea that somehow MY weight is going to be the cause of the roller coster breaking down and flying off the track and we all crash and burn. Yep. My weight alone. I know it's silly but that's all I think about instead of enjoying the ride. :-/

That's my fear for parasailing, zip lining, and bungee jumping. I'm just gonna end up on the ground or not make it off the ground for parasailing... These are on my bucket list after surgery :)

I have pretended to my husband and kids for the past 15 years that I am terrified of roller coasters. The truth is, I was too big.

I had surgery last August.

Last month we went to the theme park and I went on every ride. I also went down all of the Water slides with my daughter. We had so much fun!

It was the best weekend of my life. I finally got to "Onederland", ran a 5K, rode on the back of my husbands motorcycle AND went on roller coasters!!!! Seriously love my sleeve!

I've never had a "mortified" roller coaster experience. I just avoided them by saying I am scared of them.

But last summer (before surgery) I was at the public pool with my kids and this 12 year old punk kid said to one of his friends as I walked by "they shouldn't even let fat people in the pool, they are so gross!"

Talk about heartbreaking. I prayed my kids didnt hear it because I didnt want them to feel shame because of me.

The last time I went on one, years ago it was a VERY TIGHT fit and I was afraid the entire time. Next summer its, on roller coaster mania!

I have had two experiences like this. the first one was when we went to see a play that was being put on by a local company. I walked into the auditorium and took my seat and to my dismay I couldnt even squeeze in...even if I turned to the side a little. I cannot explain the complete humiliation I expetienced that night. I literally felt two foot tall and was so ashamed. the second experience was just this past may when I sat on a bench while my husband rode every ride at the mall of america. I was so horrified at the thought of being humiliated again, I didnt even try. I am going to be sleeved on sept sixth and I cant wait to start my new life!!!!

I don't have a roller coaster story. I've always loved them but as my weight increased I avoided them all together. Also having those fears that I alone would break the ride.

My story is that one day while volunteering at my daughter's kindergarten class I heard a little boy say to my daughter "your mom is so fat". Now, I could care less about what a five year old has to say, but it was the feeling that I have now embarrassed my daughter and put her in a position to have to defend her mom. She just replied "yes, but she's so beautiful" . My eyes filled with tears and I will never forget that day.

That happened to me last week for the first time. My kids and I went to six flags. It was my older son's first time to get on a big roller coaster. We sat down and the belt wouldn't buckle and they said I had to leave. The look on my son's face was heartbreaking. I cried for the next 15 minutes. I'm excited to go on all the rides next year with no restrictions other than fear!

I wish I would have been kicked off a ride. instead the lady running the ride had my son & husband move so I could get in the bigger part of the ride, & she had to pretty much stand on the bar to get it to latch, in front of everyone to see. That is the day I made the decision to do something. it's taken me a year, but Sept 9 2013 I will take a huge step to be able to enjoy my life. I will never forget that day, crying in the bathroom & having to act like nothing was wrong for my family & friends. needless to say I had a lot of time to think & reflect.

to solidify my knowing I made the right choice. my husband forgot about the year before & so I got to sit a couple weeks ago while they rode the rides. I had already been making my way through the process to do the surgery. maybe next year I will be the one to take the park by storm! I knew I was not the only person going through this. I am so sorry for everyones story. the good thing is we can all look forward & know where we want to be & know not to go back.

My husband and I brought our boys to Vermont last winter. Our youngest son expressed an interest in horseback riding, so we booked a trail ride. Everyone was able to get up on their horses just fine, but of course, I put one foot in the stirrup and I can't get my leg over the horse because my weight shifted the saddle down on the horse. I didn't want to hold the group up (and I was done being mortified), so I watched my family ride off into the sunset without me. Not only was I completely embarrassed, but I missed my son's first trail ride. I won't let my weight rob me of these experiences again!!!!

For me the worst was when a guy sitting next to me on the airplane demanded that I buy a second ticket because I was "taking up his seat." The airline tried, but I babbled some legal-sounding nonsense and the guy just had to deal with it. It almost delayed takeoff. I always knew I was a big guy, but that might have been the point where it really hit me just how big I was.

Airplane seats are too small anyways.

For me the worst was when a guy sitting next to me on the airplane demanded that I buy a second ticket because I was "taking up his seat." The airline tried' date=' but I babbled some legal-sounding nonsense and the guy just had to deal with it. It almost delayed takeoff. I always knew I was a big guy, but that might have been the point where it really hit me just how big I was.

Airplane seats are too small anyways.[/quote']

Planes are terrible, where I live you fly on the little connector planes. Worst was when the rude arsed flight attendant went & got a seatbelt extension. That wouldn't have been bad but she made a big enough seen, that I was mortified.

After that we had to switch planes at another airport & it was full. I had that fresh on my mind when my husband on 1 side & another guy. Luckily he was cool & was just happy to talk for 4hrs. At least on that plane no extension.

That's one of my new goals. Ride an airplane without a care. I totally agree, the seats are to small period. :/

Good Luck on your Journey! :)

Planes are terrible

The seats are tiny anyways, unless you have the $$$ for 1st class. With some airlines, I learned I could log on and re-check in right before the flight, and if I was really lucky, get a seat that was not next to another person. I would always try to do that so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

I felt sorry for the woman siting next to me on the plane lol. The dirty looks i got.