Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know what mi doing wrong... I'm 3 wks out on soft diet eating under 700 calories a day and getting 69-80 G Protein and m fluids in... scale hasn't moved in 10 days? Depressed

You in your first stall... it will pass in about a week. You better get use to it because thats the process in losing weight. Your body is just catching up, readjusting. When it breaks you should lose a couple pounds overnight. I am 7 weeks out and just broke my second stall.

Its all about a caloric deficit. You people staying under 800 calories per day will lose more than those eating 1200 per day... You can not dispute this fact. Which is more healthier is up for discussion though.

You can eat all the carbs you want... if your in a caloric deficit you will lose weight. Its fact :P

normally yes' date=' but your stomach size isn't. I don't know how you can fit in so many calories, do you do alot of Protein shakes?[/quote']

Actually his stomach can be another size because stomachs came in all sizes and shapes so on a bigger stomach if they remove 85% your 85% could be different on his could be bigger stomach

No thats not so than a little length the stomachs are gauged in size by either a 24 French tube, so for the most part all stomachs Are approximately the same size post surgery

I'm a week out and told to not worry about calories. Protein and liquids

Actually his stomach can be another size because stomachs came in all sizes and shapes so on a bigger stomach if they remove 85% your 85% could be different on his could be bigger stomach

well in theory after surgery they all should be the same diameter if the same bougie size is used. The difference comes in the length of the persons torso. I notice taller people can eat more. Lastly the bougie is just a guide. If one surgeon is 1 mm further away from the bougie while stapling is does actually make a difference. The size between a 32 and 42 bougie isnt much. With that said I believe torso/stomach length has a lot more to do with how much one can eat compared to bougie size. Thus, the reason a taller male can eat 1400 calories while a shorted woman may struggle to get 800.

You were instructed correctly!! At a week out I was getting about 300 calories per day and I was so worried I called the doctor's office. I was fine, they said worry about Protein and liquid! At a couple months out I was getting between 400 - 500 and NEVER had more than 800 calories per day until after I reached goal and had to start adding calories in so I'd quit losing. I maintain with between 1150 and 1250 per day.

Yes, at a week out your main concerns should be focusing on your Protein and Water intake.You want to preserve as much muscle as you can as well as keep hydrated.

In a couple weeks though your really need to watch those calories and carbs it you want to lose fast.

I use myfitnesspal and it has my daily goal at 1350 calories. I'm 14 months out from surgery. I'd still like to loose a little more but it won't kill me if I don't make it down to 155.

I have Decaf coffee with half and half (I could cut some serious fat calories if I'd switch to skim milk but this is my main vice...) when I get up.

Work days I have a Protein shake with 1.25-1.5 scoops of the cytosport chocolate Protein powder and Water. Weekend days I might have a scrambled egg with cheese or yogurt.

If I'm hungry by mid-morning (I usually am) I have 2-3 pieces of cheese or a yogurt.

lunch varies, depending on what I snacked on, if anything I'll have a yogurt, some fruit or sometimes cheese and crackers or left-over steak.

dinner is usually some kind of ,eat Protein, depending on what my son eats - often ground chicken or steak and a few bites of whatever veggie & fruit I'm giving him.

My current favorite snack is Boom Chicka Pop sea salt popcorn, but I also like multigrain cheerios (dry) or these crackers called Raincoast Crunch or something like that.

I use lots of dairy protein... but my cholesterol is always fine so I just go with it!

After I reached goal, I started using FF Half & Half. I decided that it was a luxury I didn't want to indulge in that often. I drink about four cups of coffee at home every day, sometimes five. That was way more cream than I needed. We DRINK skim milk, but now I do not get Half & Half for home, I buy a quart of 2% to put in my coffee. The only time I use Half & Half now is when we go to StarBucks, which is anywhere from one to two times on the weekend. When we are there, I STILL use 2% but I put a 'splash' of cream as well. It's a treat now. :)

No stomach is the same I've seen different stomachs

You were instructed correctly!! At a week out I was getting about 300 calories per day and I was so worried I called the doctor's office. I was fine' date=' they said worry about Protein and liquid! At a couple months out I was getting between 400 - 500 and NEVER had more than 800 calories per day until after I reached goal and had to start adding calories in so I'd quit losing. I maintain with between 1150 and 1250 per day.[/quote']

Can you please give me an example of your daily diet ?

After I reached goal, I started using FF Half & Half. I decided that it was a luxury I didn't want to indulge in that often. I drink about four cups of coffee at home every day, sometimes five. That was way more cream than I needed. We DRINK skim milk, but now I do not get Half & Half for home, I buy a quart of 2% to put in my coffee. The only time I use Half & Half now is when we go to StarBucks, which is anywhere from one to two times on the weekend. When we are there, I STILL use 2% but I put a 'splash' of cream as well. It's a treat now. :)

I wish I had your discipline! I started running recently and I'm hungry! Maybe I'll skip the ff h & h for a week and see what happens. I don't buy coffee out much, preferring coffee I make myself, but I can easily do 5 cups in a day when it's colder. I fon't like the fat free h & h because it's too sweet. I have switched to some lower fat cheese recently though.

I use myfitnesspal and it has my daily goal at 1350 calories. I'm 14 months out from surgery. I'd still like to loose a little more but it won't kill me if I don't make it down to 155.

I have Decaf coffee with half and half (I could cut some serious fat calories if I'd switch to skim milk but this is my main vice...) when I get up.

Work days I have a Protein shake with 1.25-1.5 scoops of the cytosport chocolate Protein Powder and Water. Weekend days I might have a scrambled egg with cheese or yogurt.

If I'm hungry by mid-morning (I usually am) I have 2-3 pieces of cheese or a yogurt.

lunch varies' date=' depending on what I snacked on, if anything I'll have a yogurt, some fruit or sometimes cheese and crackers or left-over steak.

dinner is usually some kind of ,eat Protein, depending on what my son eats - often ground chicken or steak and a few bites of whatever veggie & fruit I'm giving him.

My current favorite snack is Boom Chicka Pop sea salt popcorn, but I also like multigrain cheerios (dry) or these crackers called Raincoast Crunch or something like that.

I use lots of dairy protein... but my cholesterol is always fine so I just go with it![/quote']

I don't usually do fat free BUT fat free half and half is fantastic!

Can you please give me an example of your daily diet ?

Sure, I don't mind at all, but I'm three years out. Do you want an example of now? To maintain and stop losing, I had to 'play' with calories to see how many I needed to add to stop losing. That sounds crazy, doesn't it? :) Let me know and I'll do the best I can!!

I don't usually do fat free BUT fat free half and half is fantastic!

I agree, I don't normally do fat free. We drink skim milk, we have for over 20 years, but it took 2 years to slowly go from whole milk, to 2%, to 1%, half % then to skim!!! LOL Fat free Half & Half is good, I am sure there is a taste difference if you were to DRINK it, but adding it to 'Bold' coffee.....it tastes the same in my opinion. Other than those two things, I always go with 'Lite' - 1% cottage cheese, Lite Sour Cream, 2% cheese - and in fact, the dietitian who Dr. Davidson's patients see says, "I'm not going to ask you to eat anything I won't eat" She says go 'Lite', we don't have to do FF. Yay! She also said she isn't going to tell us 'no coffee' because she likes to have hers every morning. Gotta love that! LoL