Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving Is Depressing For Me!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone...I was just banded on Monday 11/20 and have had a rough few days...Mainly because of the gas pains...I havent been able to sleep, get comfortable, or get much of anything down...Today is Thanksgiving and my whole family is here we are having like 22 people....Now I didnt think it would bother me that I couldnt eat because I feel like crap anyways and thought that would be the last thing on my mind but its not...I just want a damn stuffed mushroom or a piece of pie...Everyone is at the dinner table pigging out and I am just sitting here feeling lonely and in pain....I guess I j ust hope this is all worth it in the end....And advice to get me through would help thanks...

Hey apink. I was banded on the 13th, and believe me...it passes and then it feels soooo much better! Those gas pains were the worst! In a week you'll feel like a new woman!

I'm sending some hugs Pinky, I know that it's hard today but it is going to be worth it. And by Cristmas time rolls around you will beable to eat some of your favorites. Have you tried Gas-X for your gas? My doctor recommended it and it did wonders, also walking seemed to help. I hope this helps some. Just remember your not alone.

Hang in there hon, because it will be worth it in the end. Just try to remember (and I know its hard especially when your hungry) that thanksgiving is more than just food, its about family and friends. Can you grab a hot cup of broth or tea and go sit in the next room and keep in the back of your mind that by next year you'll have a new figure and your gonna be so happy. Also you should be ready to eat by the time Christmas comes..... chin up !!!!

Hugs and kisses to you :)

Thats true girl, it´s hard at the begining but hang in there and you would see the diference, remember, the hard part for wakening up it´s the begining, getting up from bed, after all it´s not that bad.

Charles

Hi my name is Pattiricia and I just read your post and i just wanted to say that I havent had the band put in yet and thanksgiving isnt all it is cracked up to be anyway, you eat and eat and still feel like crap after your finished. (at least it is that way for me) I hope to get banded by christmas and my feelings may change by then but it doesnt feel to good to eat all the food either for me. you know you may be able to take a Taste of all your favs (i dont know) if it doesnt make you ill.

Sorry if i wasnt much help but I think that it will be worth it in the end when you are looking and especially feeling your best. When i get banded we'll see if my opinion changes it very may well. I hope you do well and I hope you feel better..

sincerely

pattiricia

Hello everyone...I was just banded on Monday 11/20 and have had a rough few days...Mainly because of the gas pains...I havent been able to sleep, get comfortable, or get much of anything down...Today is Thanksgiving and my whole family is here we are having like 22 people....Now I didnt think it would bother me that I couldnt eat because I feel like crap anyways and thought that would be the last thing on my mind but its not...I just want a damn stuffed mushroom or a piece of pie...Everyone is at the dinner table pigging out and I am just sitting here feeling lonely and in pain....I guess I j ust hope this is all worth it in the end....And advice to get me through would help thanks...

I was banded on Halloween. I ate a little today, but, it's not woryh the headache. All the cooking, dishes, no one to help. I'd rather go out, and have some tea. The rest of those people pigging out, well,, that's there problem! soon you will be glad it's not yours. For gas call your Dr.!

Mine said pepcid a.c complete. It works. The day is almost over, try to sit back and enjoy the rest. If you are doing protien shakes, have one.

I'm only 22 days into this, so, trust me,, life will go on. It gets a little better every other day. Shirley... wright if you want.

Hi,

I feel your pain. I will be banded on Nov. 29 and this is my 2nd day of liquids. I'm hungry, but determined to get through this week. I admit, I'm a weak person and it would be dangerouse to be around Thanksgiving food, so I'm staying home and visiting my kids after the table has been cleared. I'll have Soup or broth after I get there so that the smells don't torture me too much. I will be very glad when the liquid phases are OVER. Hang in there...I'm sure there of more of us out there! :phanvan

Hi,

I feel your pain. I will be banded on Nov. 29 and this is my 2nd day of liquids. I'm hungry, but determined to get through this week. I admit, I'm a weak person and it would be dangerouse to be around Thanksgiving food, so I'm staying home and visiting my kids after the table has been cleared. I'll have Soup or broth after I get there so that the smells don't torture me too much. I will be very glad when the liquid phases are OVER. Hang in there...I'm sure there of more of us out there! :phanvan

Are you doing Protein drinks? Have you ever heard of Muscle Milk Light?

go to ebay enter muscle milk light, and watch it come up. I no it looks

expensive, it's not compared to G.N.C.! and this stuff tastes great..

It's Lactose free 25g protien, 195 in calories to make a 8 ounce shake,

or 4 once pudding. You are gonna need all the protien you can get for healing to. So do yourself a favor and treat yourself. I do to two every day. Shirley.... Get back if you want...

Hi,

Yes, I had a smoothie this morning, I used 8 oz. skim milk, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 container blueberry yogurt, and 1 scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury vanilla Protein powder. I put it in my magic bullet and it was very good! Then I got a stomach ache....I guess my stomach didn't like waking up that way! When you say you make a shake with Muscle Milk, how do you do it? I've seen it on our grocery store shelf. I guess at this stage, I don't know how much to drink in a day. My original paperwork said Slim Fast for 3 meals, but yuck! I was nauseous all day after drinking ONE. So I tried Unjury and liked it MUCH better. I'll try anything, since I have 2 more weeks of liquids to go AFTER banding.

Thanks for your response.

Ha! Good point, Patt! Stuffing yourself at Thanksgiving isn't that great either!

I sat at the table, ate some mushy green Beans and a bit of pulverized turkey, gave my mother the evil eye for offering me gravy, and tried with moderate success to focus on conversation instead of food. did OK although the pecan pie looked awfully good. After, I had some chocolate protien shake just to appease my sweet tooth. So here I am! Wide awake, while everybody else is stuffed and napping! Think I'll go to Walmart.....

This is gonna be easy: Muscle Milk Light comes in a powder form,

usualll 1.65 lb jug. You mix 2 scoopes with 8 oz. Water for a shake, or, 4 oz and refridgerate for a pudding. It's high in Protein, low in calories, and the taste is great. They have a lot of different flavors to. Go on ebay and look it up. Muscle Milk "regular" is also for sale, it's great in taste, 32g protein, 348 in calories. So, almost twice the amount of calories, for a

difference of 5g of protien. I have got some flavors in the original, and I will use them periodically untill they are done., but the light is the way to go.... Shirley sstasevich@wowway.com