Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I'm 13 weeks out and have only lost 41 pounds

Hii, im 13 weeks out and have only lost 41 pounds :-( I fell off the wagon I've been eating junk food (cookies chips bread ice cream and candies) I've even had one whole slice of pizza and it was a big slice I feel as if my stomach has been strech :-( planning on going back to the nutritionist

stop eating crap :blink:

What do you mean you ONLY LOST 41LBS? That's alot of weight for 13 weeks out and yes, if you stop eating all that crap, you would have lost more! So Like Lotti stated, stop eating crap! you can do this...Throw it all in the trash and focus on eating Protein, protein, protein, and protein, and then some veggies........ :ph34r:

I'm sorry you're struggling. I am not as far out as you, but I think I can still speak on this. It sounds like you never (or insufficiently) dealt with the emotional aspect of your weight. I think many of us enter into this surgery with a fantasy of looking great and believe that will translate into feeling great/stable physically, mentally, and emotionally. Unfortunately this philosophy doesn't work (and explains how I failed so many weight loss efforts in the past!). As much work as we put into improving our bodies, I think we have to put just as much or more work into our heads.

I would recommend two things. 1) start with the basics. Visiting your nutritionist is good, but it sounds like you already know what's wrong (unhealthy habits)--back to basics of Protein and veggies and water/fluids. I think of this as our foundation. Track everything honestly and bring that in to the nutritionist.

2. I really think you could benefit from talking to someone about how you have slipped. Were you immersed back in your pre-WLS lifestyle? Going out to dinner a lot with friends? Has your stress level increased? Relationship or financial or family problems?

Try to really look at why you're turning to food. Maybe you're one of those rare sleevers who truly just had bad habits with no emotional explanation for those habits...but I have yet to really meet someone who doesn't use food to handle a deeper issue. Maybe it's just me, but I know I didn't get here overeating at parties or having just a couple extra bites of food. I got here because I used food to cope, to fill a void within myself, to numb out the good and bad...i could go on.

I didn't mean to preach. It's brave of you to share bc it's hard to admit when we are f***ing up! You are going through something I know i fear...slipping into bad habits. I hope you can settle back into focusing on why you did this to begin with and dealing with the head issues.

Courtney

stop eating crap :blink:

Yes I have to really stop its just not easy

What do you mean you ONLY LOST 41LBS? That's alot of weight for 13 weeks out and yes' date=' if you stop eating all that crap, you would have lost more! So Like Lotti stated, stop eating crap! you can do this...Throw it all in the trash and focus on eating Protein, Protein, protein, and protein, and then some veggies........ :ph34r:[/quote']

Thanks!! I say only 41 pounds because most of the persons I've seen 13 weeks out have lost way more than I have.

I'm sorry you're struggling. I am not as far out as you' date=' but I think I can still speak on this. It sounds like you never (or insufficiently) dealt with the emotional aspect of your weight. I think many of us enter into this surgery with a fantasy of looking great and believe that will translate into feeling great/stable physically, mentally, and emotionally. Unfortunately this philosophy doesn't work (and explains how I failed so many weight loss efforts in the past!). As much work as we put into improving our bodies, I think we have to put just as much or more work into our heads.

I would recommend two things. 1) start with the basics. Visiting your nutritionist is good, but it sounds like you already know what's wrong (unhealthy habits)--back to basics of Protein and veggies and water/fluids. I think of this as our foundation. Track everything honestly and bring that in to the nutritionist.

2. I really think you could benefit from talking to someone about how you have slipped. Were you immersed back in your pre-WLS lifestyle? Going out to dinner a lot with friends? Has your stress level increased? Relationship or financial or family problems?

Try to really look at why you're turning to food. Maybe you're one of those rare sleevers who truly just had bad habits with no emotional explanation for those habits...but I have yet to really meet someone who doesn't use food to handle a deeper issue. Maybe it's just me, but I know I didn't get here overeating at parties or having just a couple extra bites of food. I got here because I used food to cope, to fill a void within myself, to numb out the good and bad...i could go on.

I didn't mean to preach. It's brave of you to share bc it's hard to admit when we are f***ing up! You are going through something I know i fear...slipping into bad habits. I hope you can settle back into focusing on why you did this to begin with and dealing with the head issues.

Courtney[/quote']

Thank you so much for taking your time and commenting! My problem is that where I live no one is dieting so I see all this junk food and fast foods they buy and I'm always tempted. I really do feel I need help going back on track.

I am just a little less than you and I have lost "only" 47 (since surgery). 41 is nothing to feel bad about but it will be if you are a year out and only lost that much. My only advice is to get it under control sooner rather than later. Back to the basics, my dear!

-Kendra

I am 13 weeks out also and have lost 85 pounds. Everyone looses at a different rate but it s so important to eat the right things and not junk food. I admit I splurge every now and then but the norm for me is to eat healthy everyday now. Hang in there, prayers going up for you!!!

tumblr_m64vcklMWW1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

I am just a little less than you and I have lost "only" 47 (since surgery). 41 is nothing to feel bad about but it will be if you are a year out and only lost that much. My only advice is to get it under control sooner rather than later. Back to the basics' date=' my dear!

-Kendra[/quote']

Thank you Kendra! I know I haven't been taking advantage of my tool. I will get back on track seriously I have to:-((

I am 13 weeks out also and have lost 85 pounds. Everyone looses at a different rate but it s so important to eat the right things and not junk food. I admit I splurge every now and then but the norm for me is to eat healthy everyday now. Hang in there' date=' prayers going up for you!!![/quote']

WoW 85 pounds is amazing!!! Thank you so much for the prayers I really need them. I Promise to my self I will get back on track.

The environment you're in is really important, too.

Are the people you're living with willing to support you by not bringing that kind of food into the house? You deserve support through this. Nobody needs this process made MORE difficult.

And as a side note: try not to think of this as dieting. This is the rest of your life. We can't do this for a while, get to the weight we want, then eat anything we want because we're thin. That whole idea is completely false. Thin, healthy people, at least all of the ones I know go to the gym, eat right and really make disciplined choices 95% of the time. Maybe some people won the metabolism lottery, but where's the victory in getting your health handed to you?

I'd rather earn mine through blood, sweat and tears (and trust me so far there have been a lot of tears).

This is hard. Now go get it girl!

I had my surgery on 12/17/12. I have lost 47 lbs. I eat what my surgeon says to eat. I exercise at least 3 times a week. I think I'm on track.