Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think it tastes like what baby spit up smells like. Does that make sense? It's the Protein smell. I have to disguise it in my shake with spinach and SF Syrup. It grosses me out. But I don't want to let a whole tub of it go to waste.

I think it tastes like what baby spit up smells like. Does that make sense? It's the Protein smell. I have to disguise it in my shake with spinach and SF Syrup. It grosses me out. But I don't want to let a whole tub of it go to waste.

I can taste it based on your description. Protein has a distinct taste that will probably always be there. I got my hair done a few days ago and he made a comment about my hair being thin and fine. I used to have very thick hair. It isn't balding but I don't want to get to that point so I have got to find ways to get enough protein.

I use it in sugar free hot chocolate. I don't use the whole scoop though. I feel like getting a small amount of it is better than none at all.

The Unjury vanilla was wonderful--smooth, creamy and tasted like white chocolate. I mixed with 8oz 1% milk. The website says the unflavored does not mix well with Water. Perhaps milk would be better (my sample of it and the chicken broth flavor are in the mail)! Wal Marts "Six Star whey Isolate" vanilla is also very good. Not as thick and filling as the Unjury Vanilla, but still very good.

• I loved the Unjury chocolate and vanilla. After reading reviews I decided to buy the tub of unflavored to mix into Soups. I just had cream of broccoli Soup with a scoop, and the whey taste was so powerful, I literally just had to chug the soup and then chase it with my full bottle of Water. Now I have that sick sloshy feeling. I might have put too much powder in, but now I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the rest of the tub and also find a replacement unflavored. Good luck! Any suggestions on a good unflavored powder, or ideas on how to use up the rest of the tub?

jessicakayyy: Did you follow the heating instructions? The package says to be sure not to heat past 140 degrees. Perhaps that would help? I would also recommend starting with a little at a time and stirring in slowly to a desired taste. I think "unflavored" is still going to have some flavor....it's just finding the balance. Good luck!

jessicakayyy: Did you follow the heating instructions? The package says to be sure not to heat past 140 degrees. Perhaps that would help? I would also recommend starting with a little at a time and stirring in slowly to a desired taste. I think "unflavored" is still going to have some flavor....it's just finding the balance. Good luck!

I did follow the heating instructions, I have a food themometer that I carry in my purse now. However, I do think you hit the nail on the head with the adding too much powder. I did one serving of Soup which is 8 ounces to one scoop, and even though the package says 8-16 oz of "liquid" I'm probably going to have to cut the scoop in half. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to cut the powder down until I can't smell/taste the whey flavor. :-)

• I loved the unjury chocolate and vanilla. After reading reviews I decided to buy the tub of unflavored to mix into Soups. I just had cream of broccoli Soup with a scoop, and the whey taste was so powerful, I literally just had to chug the soup and then chase it with my full bottle of Water. Now I have that sick sloshy feeling. I might have put too much powder in, but now I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the rest of the tub and also find a replacement unflavored. Good luck! Any suggestions on a good unflavored powder, or ideas on how to use up the rest of the tub?

Try the unflavored in sugar free pudding. I get a small box and add a cup and 1/4 of skim milk. In a small blender blend the milk and one scoop of Unjury unflavored Protein. Then add the pudding and blend it till its mixed well. Divide in two bowls and you have about 15 grams of Protein and desert. I can not taste the protein in the pudding because it almost double strength. It is about 100 calories so it can be a snack or meal.

• I loved the unjury chocolate and vanilla. After reading reviews I decided to buy the tub of unflavored to mix into Soups. I just had cream of broccoli Soup with a scoop, and the whey taste was so powerful, I literally just had to chug the soup and then chase it with my full bottle of Water. Now I have that sick sloshy feeling. I might have put too much powder in, but now I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the rest of the tub and also find a replacement unflavored. Good luck! Any suggestions on a good unflavored powder, or ideas on how to use up the rest of the tub?

Remember no bake chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (there are different names for them but they have cocoa, oatmeal, and peanut butter). There is a recipe for high Protein ones and that is what I make when I buy Protein Powder that I don't care for. I also use PB2 in place of Peanut Butter to cut calories but save Protein. You might try that or make protein balls with your unflavored protein.

I mixed the unflavored unjury in orange juice and really didn't taste it at all. I haven't tried it in other things yet, but I plan on it post-surgery. I really like the Unjury chocolate Splendor mixed with skim milk. I also like the Unjury strawberry Sorbet mixed with Crystal Lite pink lemonade.

I have to have some variety in taste. Unjury is about the only Protein shake I have found that I can tolerate.

I'm on day 2 of my liquid diet. I hope I don't burn out on it before I work my way back to real foods!

I'm glad you have found powders that you like. I do like the chocolate also. All the other flavors I feel leave that "whey" aftertaste. I probably messed that up myself though with the first batch of Soup fiasco. Now just the smell of whey turns my stomach and I'm only day three in. I found a powder at Walmart, the brand is body fortress. With 12 oz of skim milk and one scoop is 36 grams and it is delish. No whey aftertaste. I'm going this weekend to try the chocolate. Hope you stay motivated, just a week aand a few days to go. Good luck on your surgery!

Body Fortress vanilla flavored, sorry.