Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All March 18 Sleevers

I have surgery on the 27th and have to start my preop diet on the 13th. I really dread it because my birthday is on the 23rd and my son's is on the 24th. That will be hard to deal with (birthday cake and all that). I don't get why some surgeons make patients do it for 2 weeks (like mine) and others not at all. I am starting to wonder if I am doing the right thing. Really, I know that I am, but just thinking about all of the food situations that will be different makes me go into food funeral mode. Feeling anxious.

Who is your doctor? I'm with Justin Braverman at the new program.

Hi;0) Dr.Q and Dr. Braverman! I'm having the single incision. When are you scheduled to go in?

My paperwork doesn't have the time written on it but I am thinking I remember about 10:00 or maybe it was 8:00. I'm going to have to call them anyway because I have the worst cold and need to get over it quick. I didn't request the single incision, so I am going regular. How is your diet going? The smoothies are disgusting.

My paperwork doesn't have the time written on it but I am thinking I remember about 10:00 or maybe it was 8:00. I'm going to have to call them anyway because I have the worst cold and need to get over it quick. I didn't request the single incision' date=' so I am going regular. How is your diet going? The smoothies are disgusting.[/quote']

I'm not on the packaged stuff until three days before. Hope your cold gets better!

Sorry i feel left out... i'm March 19... but at least in the same week!!! :D

Surgery date this Friday the 8th. I had to lose my 5% for my surgeon.

Neva, I'm scheduled on the 19th but I am afraid something will go wrong with approval. :-/ where are you located? I will be at USC...

Meant, Beba... Lol

Meant' date=' Beba... Lol[/quote']

I'm scared they will take blood work and post phone for low Vitamins or something. I'm having surgery at mount Sinai hospital in NYC. Its been a long process but I'm finally there. I'm still in shock and in denial lol

Ok March 18th sleevers I am on day 5 of my pre op diet and I have only lost 5 lbs. I am using the Unjury Protein powders because that is what my Bariatric clinic wants us to use. When I did the six month diet and used other brands of Protein Powder I would lose like 10 lbs. in the first week.

During all of my pre op testing my EKG came back abnormal. After several test with the cardiologist they discovered that I have a hole in my heart (heart murmur) and a irregular heart beat which the doctor prescribe medication for (Toprol).

I'm not really scared of the procedure itself but terrified that something will go wrong with my heart while under! The cardiologist said the risk is low to moderate,

Does anyone else have a similar situation?

Please share your thoughts fellow (soon to be ) sleevers.

Hi Melinda1,

I think its great that your surgery led to finding your heart murmur - now you can get treated and take care of the issue. My husband has a heart murmur and had the surgery a year ago - there were no complications and he's lost over 100 pounds and significantly reduced the number of medications he takes. Lots of people have heart mumurs, they have surgery all the time and are fine. You are going to do great and add years to your life because of this. I'm scared too, but try to get my mind off as much as possible. Maybe you could treat yourself to a massage or go see a movie or something else you like to do. Hang in there!!

Hey, Melinda1, my ECG also shows some change from my last one. A right bundle branch block. Basically an electrical defect. But it can be caused by a murmur, which I know I have. Can't hear it routinely, only when I was pregnant did anyone ever hear it. But it did show up on an echocardiogram I had once. Hopefully nothing major in regards to my surgery, haven't heard yet.

Hi Melinda1' date='

I think its great that your surgery led to finding your heart murmur - now you can get treated and take care of the issue. My husband has a heart murmur and had the surgery a year ago - there were no complications and he's lost over 100 pounds and significantly reduced the number of medications he takes. Lots of people have heart mumurs, they have surgery all the time and are fine. You are going to do great and add years to your life because of this. I'm scared too, but try to get my mind off as much as possible. Maybe you could treat yourself to a massage or go see a movie or something else you like to do. Hang in there!![/quote']

Hi????

Thank you for sharing. A massage sounds wonderful! Good luck to you and I look forward to sharing progress in the future.

Hey' date=' Melinda1, my ECG also shows some change from my last one. A right bundle branch block. Basically an electrical defect. But it can be caused by a murmur, which I know I have. Can't hear it routinely, only when I was pregnant did anyone ever hear it. But it did show up on an echocardiogram I had once. Hopefully nothing major in regards to my surgery, haven't heard yet.[/quote']

Hello Okieathart????

Is your doctor asking you to go to a cardiologist? My abnormality is electrical as well.