Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you say when you get THAT question??

Ok I am getting the "So what are you doing to loose weight" question a lot now. I do not want it out there that I had surgery, my family is very against it. SO what do you say when you get that question? I can not say Weight Watchers because my brother's mother in law is a guru at it and would GRILL me. ANY suggestions?

And in the big scheme of things, I love not knowing how to lie about how I am loosing weight. At least I am not getting more of those "We should talk about how unhealthy you are" talks. :tired

Maybe just tell them you are eating smarter and eating less. This is actually true. Personally, I don't like lying, but in certain cases, dancing around the truth is ok. lol

Good luck to you. I hope you can keep the nosey peeps at bay.

I just simply say im eating less and exercising more. Its a boring answer that is true and noone really questions it any further. I didn't tell anyone except my DH and sister about my band, and I have a very close knit large family that do not know. My simple answer works for me, hope it might work for you too!!

Just tell them the truth: you are eating better now, and eating less. That's true, right? They don't need to know anything more. That's what I say to people that ask (people that don't know I am banded).

Cheers.

Kat.

You can just say that you are weighing your food now so that you know your not over eating and getting to many calories.I am very open about my band. I know a lot of people are against any kind of weight loss surgery. Mostly because they have not read up on lap band. But I tell people because I want people to know how I did it. I want people to know how much I love the band and how I have not had any side affects. I just hope it helps someone else make the choice. But people can be very critical. Good luck to you on keeping it a secret.

For the people that don't know about my surgery, I simply say, I'm eating a high Protein, diet. Smaller portions, and I have stopped snacking. I also say, I have given up pop and now drink lots and lots of Water. ~Mandy

I simply say that I am on a low carb diet, started an exercise program and watching my calories on FitDay.com. That usually starts them asking about FitDay and the problem is skirted without lying. It really isn't anyone's business about the surgery unless you want them to know. :)

1200 calories a day, fresh veggies, lean Protein, lots of Water and exercise * put on the twiggy voice* oh yeah and then walk a way. When they ask another question just laugh and say something in general, weight loss is such a personal journey, everyone is difrrent. Ha ha ha haha

I guess I am opposite of most, it doesn't bother me to tell ppl....WLS.

I haven't really had alot of people asking me yet tho..mostly people I work with who know I was gone for 6 weeks anyway, and knew something was up. But telling someone your eating better, making better eating choices is not a lie.

(btw...I didn't have complications...I just have a job with heavy lifting so I had to stay off til my wt restriction was done).

I was very upfront about what i was doing. Because of that I've had very few people wondering how I'm losing. Mostly, people ask me how I'm doing. I've even been able to inspire a few to look into it.

People who are looking for conspiracy and something to talk about are going to talk anyway. I'd much rather they talk about how I had the procedure and how I'm looking better than talking about how fat I'm getting.

I usually tell people everything right out. I am so excited about it, and subsequently have found one secret bandster and motivated another to get it done, she is now scheduled for surgery!

I have told people "move more, eat less" and "a lotta pain and suffering" (with a smile.) That's usually all it takes.

I just say low carb, high Protein, lots of Water etc. I didn't want any negativity before the surgery so I didn't tell anyone that I knew didn't agree with it. People are nosey they want to know but I'm not telling. I will tell people who I think it will help.

I tell them the truth, and by that I mean the WHOLE truth - that I had Lap Band surgery. Most people are fascinated. No one has been negative or judgmental so far, and it's been 2 years this month.

Try one of the following replies...

a) It's something new they're adding to pizza... The weight's just falling off me!

:) Diet and exercise.

Granted, option :) is slightly less believable.