Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my foods, what's wrong...so frustrated..

If you love a little fruity flavor in your drinks' date=' I've been loving Hint Water. It's unsweetened bottled Water but it has flavored essences like blackberry, watermelon, pomegranite mango, etc. and they are surprisingly satisfying though there's no sweeteners.[/quote']

Where can you find hint water?

Where can you find hint Water?

I've been buying them at Whole Foods grocery, but you can get them online at Amazon I think, and at walmart.com.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17197668?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

They are so delicious!!! It's weird how it still sort of tastes sweet even though there's no normal or artificial sweeteners and the fruit "essences" are pretty accurate, they do not taste fake or like candy which I love.

Blackberry is my fave :wub:

Thank you!!!

I'm going to check my wal mart

Thanks for the link!

:)

I notice two things, you say that you are up and down compared to yesterday. I know you have probably heard it a thousand times but you should not do this to yourself. weigh once or twice a week. I weigh twice. One is an official weigh in, one is a progress checker and that is it.

By weighing yourself every day or way to often at least you are getting FAR too caught up in the details of day to day calories instead of the overall bigger picture. Stop doing that to yourself.

Also, I took a look at your profile to see your surgery date and it looks like you are close to three months out if I am not mistaken, and about 30 pounds down. 10 pounds a month isn't terrible, but I share in your pain that we all expect better than that after weight loss surgery. If you are really eating the things you listed and not wavering from that too too much, then my only explanation is that you are underestimating how much you are eating in terms of volume. Do you weigh out everything? I swear by my kitchen scale. I am not as strict about what types of things I have, because I weigh everything and its really hard to go wrong if you never eat more than 4 ounces at a time.

Most people underestimate the volume they eat by at least 50%, meaning, they think they are having 200 calories but they are really having 300. 100 extra calories is not THAT big of a deal, but when you do that multiple times a day most people are eating 400-600 calories more than they think they are.

I notice two things, you say that you are up and down compared to yesterday. I know you have probably heard it a thousand times but you should not do this to yourself. weigh once or twice a week. I weigh twice. One is an official weigh in, one is a progress checker and that is it.

By weighing yourself every day or way to often at least you are getting FAR too caught up in the details of day to day calories instead of the overall bigger picture. Stop doing that to yourself.

Also, I took a look at your profile to see your surgery date and it looks like you are close to three months out if I am not mistaken, and about 30 pounds down. 10 pounds a month isn't terrible, but I share in your pain that we all expect better than that after weight loss surgery. If you are really eating the things you listed and not wavering from that too too much, then my only explanation is that you are underestimating how much you are eating in terms of volume. Do you weigh out everything? I swear by my kitchen scale. I am not as strict about what types of things I have, because I weigh everything and its really hard to go wrong if you never eat more than 4 ounces at a time.

Most people underestimate the volume they eat by at least 50%, meaning, they think they are having 200 calories but they are really having 300. 100 extra calories is not THAT big of a deal, but when you do that multiple times a day most people are eating 400-600 calories more than they think they are.

Well I purchased a digital scale yesterday. Measured my Breakfast of scrambled eggs mixed with turkey sausage out..had a couple Protein shakes today...and weighed my garden salad out, of leafy greens, red cabbage, pecans, radishes, onions and Kraft lite Ranch. Weighing is confusing me, when it comes to MyFitnessPal...but I'm doing both. And I know I have to stay of the scale...but ya'll...i'm sooooooooo not near my lowest ever. As of Dr. visit yeasterday and at Curves today...the weight measured the same...I'm 12lbs up!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF????? Sorry, but can ya'll see my frustration? If it was 2-3lbs here and there, I understand....10-13lbs??? no way! It's like I'm starting over. I think I will just go back to liquids only like before and after surgery to kick start it. I lost 10 lbs liquid only pre-surgery, then 25ish liquid only 3 week post surgery...and it's climbed ever since! Ugh!

It is becoming very depressing...so much so, I'm going to bed...before 8pm! Not a good sign....but it's better than brooding, nothing gonna change tonight. Gonna pick my ass out of bed tomorrow morning, work-out, chase my foster puppies everywhere, eat right.....keep on keeping on...I guess.

reviewing MyFitnessPal:

today:

when I awoke - Syntrax nectar 1 scoop Protein drink

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs

after workout - Syntrax Nectar 1 scoop Protein Drink

lunch - Starkist chunk light tuna in Water 5oz

snack - cutie orange

dinner - 4 oz homemade leafy lettuce with red cabbage, some pecans, radishes, yellow onion, 1TBLSP Kraft Light Ranch, drizzle lemon juice...

says total food calories 564....exercise today = 367...remaining calories 603

sooooooooooo, what up?

Ok, now I'm going to bed...ugh!

reviewing MyFitnessPal:

today:

when I awoke - Syntrax nectar 1 scoop Protein drink

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs

after workout - Syntrax Nectar 1 scoop Protein Drink

lunch - Starkist chunk light tuna in Water 5oz

snack - cutie orange

dinner - 4 oz homemade leafy lettuce with red cabbage' date=' some pecans, radishes, yellow onion, 1TBLSP Kraft Light Ranch, drizzle lemon juice...

says total food calories 564....exercise today = 367...remaining calories 603

sooooooooooo, what up?

Ok, now I'm going to bed...ugh![/quote']

Glenda are you tracking your measurements?

You're working out and building muscle while burning fat. Most people gain weight with muscle ton while the fat melts away. Leaving a sexy strong body!

Take your measurements :P

The scale is a liar only use it once a week and even then it doesn't know what it's talking about most the time!

You got this!!!!

I am actually surprised your not losing... could it be your body is stalling because your eating so little calories.

The carbs before bed will cause your body to increase insulin production and go into fat storage mode. I would eliminate the bar before bed and have it earlier in the day. As suggested previously' date=' watch your sodium intake as well and get your liquids in. If you have a nutritionist, talk with them, if you don't, and can swing one, definately get one, its worth it.[/quote']

Quest bars have very few net carbs because they are extremely high in Fiber. The insulin rise would be negligible. I still don't think people should eat them everyday though. There are better ways to get in Protein and Fiber. But they're great if you need an emergency meal you can carry with you.

Hey there... It looks like your doing good with the foods and your calories are really low so maybe up you calorie intake by adding some veggies that you really like. Try spicing them up for a better flavor if you don't like plain foods......

I see that you have issues with your throid and this is a good time to go see you doc or call him and have blood work up done to see if you need to either have your thyroid meds titraded up or down. This can have a negative effect on weight loss etc. Your weight gain is Water weight so maybe cut back on the salty foods some. I know that I have really low bp and my doc told me to up my salt intake and I have gained 4 lbs just from the salt intake. But I'm not dizzy anymore. You can look at myfitnesspal.com page and my user name is dorrierobles2003@yahoo.com and i will add you as a friend.

I have also posted something on the vet's forum about the reasons for weight gain on a low calorie diet.... It's very informative. Hope this helps and keep up the good work.

I believe that a balanced approach of food does help with our cravings and stuff and I work on staying away from breads, pastas, rice, and anything that has flour. the art to this is balancing our blood sugar levels so they don't plunge to low levels...... :)

I personally like putting liquid Stevia in my Water. It's flavorful and all natural. Hope this helps. Oh, about the thyroid..I'm right there with you and I'm doing the "you suck thyroid" dance. I'm almost wondering if your body is rebelling. Too little calories for your workout. The calories and workout need to measure out that it's not putting you in a state of permanent metabolism shut down. If you exercise, but don't put nutrients in you'r body is going to hold on to that food for dear life. I wish you all the best!!

That's cool that we have the same surgery date. :D I definitely agree with not weighing yourself daily. As someone else pointed out the scale can definitely be a liar. I would really suggest making an appointment with your nutritionist.

I would not recommend going back to only liquids. Our body is past that point. We need to be able to eat real food. Going back on liquids is like our past yo-yo dieting. A liquid restart would be for someone who had really gone off the rails in terms of eating.

Every surgeon's office is different in their diet guidelines. I would definitely take a look at your sodium intake. When I see lunch meat, Jerky and a bar of some sort they are all LOADED with sodium. I have found that getting all my Water in is crucial to my success. Your body actually retains more Fluid the less you drink.

Like I said, everyone's surgeon has different nutritional guidelines, but I will share mine with you. My nutritionist does not have me count calories. My guidelines are 60-70 grams of Protein, less than 40 grams net carbs (not including fruit or vegetables) and less than 1,500 mg of sodium. I do not vary what I eat very much as I have found that what I eat right now works pretty well for me. This is a sample of what my day looks like:

Breakfast: 8 oz. almond milk, 1 scoop chocolate Designer whey Protein powder, 2 tbsp. PB2 & half a frozen banana blended into a shake. (Total of 24 g of protein)

Lunch: Chobani 0% fat plain greek yogurt with 2 tbsp. of PB2 & 1 packet Truvia. (Total 23 g protein.)

Snack: 2 Polly-O String cheese or 1/4 cup edamame (Total 14 g Protein for either snack)

So: before I even sit down to dinner I have had a total of 61g of protein.

dinner is always vegetarian: Tofu & veggies, Beans & rice, etc.

If I feel like I need something at night I have a serving of fruit - strawberries, blueberries, red grapes & cantaloupe are my new favorites.

I drink 16 oz of Water in between Breakfast & lunch. Then another 16 between lunch and snack. Another 16 between snack and dinner and my final 16 after dinner. I always follow the rule of no liquid 30 minutes prior to or after a meal.

Sorry, I know that this is a super long post, but if even one thing helps you then it is well worth it. Don't give up. I started at a much higher weight than you. So, it makes sense that my weight loss is a bit of a higher number. This is really such a learning process of how to fuel our bodies not just feed them.

I also think that some of us expected to lose more quickly, feel more restricted and lose huge numbers. I was sure that I would be down 100 lbs in the first 3 months & here I am 4 months out & down 75 lbs. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining!

I just know that personally, I am learning to use my sleeve as just 1 tool in my weight loss efforts. I would say that I average between 750-900 calories a day, but I choose what those calories are comprised of. I can have 700 calories of healthy, body fueling food or 700 empty calories. So, there is still the aspect of needing to put healthy food in our bodies and exercising. Add the sleeve and you have a good weigh loss trifecta. The most important thing is not to give up.

There are a multiplicity of reasons that you are not losing at the rate that you want to. It's up to you to find what that is. We continue to be here for support. I really hope that you are feeling better soon!

4c makes a Crystal Lite type of mix with Splenda instead of aspartame. They don't have as many flavors but they have a few. I like it because I am afraid of the aspartame I would be intaking daily.

Splenda IS aspertame...

To the OP: when you weigh yourself make sure you only use the same scale all the time. When you use your doctors, home then curves they can all be different and then discouraging. Just stick to your home scale.