Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new here . Had my surgery January 29, 13. I'm down 27 lbs so far. My biggest problem is I barely eat. I can take 4-5 bites of Protein and I'm full. I could go all day without eating because I'm never hungry. I could not tolerate more than one ounce of the Protein Shake at a time. I exercise daily at the gym or hot yoga. Some people have told me to push thru the full feeling but that just made me throw up. If anyone has any suggestions of high protein in small quantities I would appreciate any suggestions. =)

Hi! I new too and was also sleeved on the 29th!

I'm having exactly the same problems as you; I just can't get enough down me and I'm throwing up pretty much every day! On a really good day, I can eat 2-3 times, and 4-6 teaspoons each time, but I've only had 2 or 3 days that good. Most days I manage a couple of spoons and 500 - 750 mls of liquid, which I know is nowhere near enough but like you, if I try and force it I just throw up! I can only eat when I'm hungry too, otherwise the same thing happens.

I asked my nut and surgeon about it a couple of weeks ago, and they said that as long as overall things are heading in the right direction, don't be too hard on myself, and this is fairly normal for 4-6 weeks! I've also seen a post from another member who is 9 weeks post-op and not too much further forward than us, and her Dr seems ok with it...

I've got my 1 month check tomorrow so I'll see what they say then....

Oh and according to my nut, a pint of milk with 4 tablespoons of skimmed milk powder gives 61g Protein, so if you're drinking ok, try that - then you can relax about what else you have!

Thank you so much .I feel better that I'm not alone with this problem. I will try the milk. That seems like I can do that thru out the day. Keep me updated on your progress. =)

Hiya,

I had my check-up yesterday, and it seems although the eating issue is an issue, if you get all your Vitamins in the main thing to concentrate on is hydration.... I'm back in a month to check progress again, but no alarm bells are ringing at the moment.... Phew!!!

How are you doing?

I'm glad everything is going well. I'm doing ok. Trying to find high Protein foods in small portions. Fage plain yogurt has 20 grams of protein per serving. I have been trying to eat 3 a day with different types of fruit in it. That way I at least get 60 grams with that only. So, the rest of the day I don't have to worry as much. I have hit a plateau the past week but the inches are still coming off. How has your weight loss been? Is your fatigue getting any better? I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Hiya,

I'm in the 2nd week of a plateau, but I'm losing inches still too - I can't figure it out!?!?! I've lost about 20kgs all together, including the pre-op diet - how about you?

I'm going back to liquids for a while I think; I can manage a few spoons of yoghurt so will look for some high-Protein ones like the one you mention... I'm in the UK and don't think we have that brand here, but I'm sure there's something similar!

The fatigue is getting better every day; I still sleep a LOT, but I don't feel as exhausted now - how about you?

Good news is that I've dropped 4 dress sizes already! How are your clothes looking now????!!!!!

I'm so happy for you. 4 pant sizes and 20kg. Does it feel real to you yet? Since surgery I'm down 32lbs. I'm 55lbs from my goal weight. It still hasn't set in that it is real. Lol. I'm still not eating much but, I'm getting more clear fluids down which is good. Using a straw to drink has also helped a lot. My fatigue is a little better but, by afternoon at work I'm ready for a nap. Keep up the great work and keep in touch I love to hear your updates. =)

Omg 32lbs is amazing!!!!! Well done you!!!!

I'm the same as you - I can see that my clothes look different, and people around me seem to be quite shocked (in a good way!) at the change, but I look in the mirror and I just can't see it still! I still went shopping at the weekend and was wondering if I could risk buying a UK size 20 (I was a UK22) despite the fact that the jeans I'm in are a UK 16! Duh!!!!

It's great hearing from you - being the same op date and so similar in our progress it's really nice to hear how you're getting on :-)

When is your next check up?

Just think.... We'll be in bikinis THIS SUMMER!!!!! Eeeeekkk!!!!!!!

Btw, I found a straw helps too.... But my hospital told me not to use one! Did yours mention it at all??? I'm using it anyway....

Omg I haven't worn a bikini since I was in high school. Lol. But, we should be ready by summer. I just got divorced after 25 years of marriage. So dating should get interesting this summer also. Yes, the straw is supposed to be forbidden to use. Its the only way I can get fluids in. Sipping I'll get maybe 20-30 ozs a day. With the straw I can double it. So , oh well I'm not a compliant patient. Lol. I haven't made it shopping yet. I'm going thru my closet first until I run out sizes that fit. Im so happy things are going well for you. I'm going by inches lost more than weight. Weight fluctuates so easy it can get frustrating. Where inches show real progress. Keep up the great work! Btw I'm in Boise, Idaho usa. =)

hiya,

sorry to hear about your divorce, but what an exciting year for you! a new body, the excitement of dating again, new relationships - all at the same time! how fantastic!

I had an email from my dietician last night who said the same as the surgeon; baby steps in the right direction is fine, we're doing really well and it's not uncommon for people to be where we are at our stage. As long as we're gradually improving, that's fine, and we don"t need to worry about anything.

She said to be careful of that heavy, 'I've eaten a stone' feeling; she said that's what could stretch our sleeves, even if the amount we've eaten is tiny. If we do get that, it's because the density of the food is too think apparently and we need to make it more sloppy.

She did suggest that tinned fish like mackerel and sardines is good for Protein if we can tolerate sloppy food - mixing with some Tomato sauce if we need to loosen it.

Hope that helps!

Have you had lots of 'wow's from people you haven't seen for a while? I bet the compliments are flooding in now!