Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coffee talk

It took 3 weeks for the ole taste buds to get to normal. coffee just now is even close to bearable again. I liked that i got weaned off reg coffee so going to try to stick to Decaf only in the future.

I drink Decaf and sugar free french vanilla instant coffee in the morning. I allow myself on the weekends to have skinny vanilla latte decaf with Protein from Starbucks.

I'm thinking it's more the fact that regular coffee is a diuretic, it does not count as part of your Fluid intake so for every ounce of coffee you should drink that much Water extra. This is why in the first month they don't like you to drink things with caffeine because it's a chore for some just to get 64 oz in let alone extra

my nut said we can drink coffee' date=' but it does NOT count as part of your overall Fluid intake. same with caffeinated teas.[/quote']

That's what my nut and doctor said too. Mammogram was easier this year as I didn't have so many lumps!!????

I have been drinking a cup of black coffee everyday since 3 weeks out. I actually use it as a pre-workout stimulant. I mix 8oz of strong black coffee with 1 scoop whey isolate and a pump or two of different Torani flavors... usually french vanilla or english toffee. Its been almost a week with no ill effects. Actually it makes me feel great during my workout and gives me an added push during cardio.

Do you use the unflavored whey?

I found out I was approved for surgery on Nov. 12. I immediately switched regular coffee to 1/2 half for a month. the last 30 days prior to surgery I was drinking Decaf. I'm about 7 wks out and I just changed to 1/2 half and im doing well. I'm a black coffee drinker, no sugar no cream, always been. this 1/2 half is pretty good. I do miss an espresso

I have always been a coffee drinker, however, even after 7 weeks out, my taste buds are still not back to normal. I have not had a desire for coffee, and have had probably a half cup twice since surgery. I do hope my taste buds come back soon. :-) It may be a blessing in disguise, since I still have a difficult time getting my fluids down each day, so coffee would not help. Think I will put the coffee pot away for awhile, and buy a new one down the road.....

My nut said Decaf is fine but not caffeine until I have all my liquids in for the day. Then I won't be able to sleep. HA!!

I never drank coffee...funny because I used to be in the coffee business. I drink tea fully caffeinated. They can take away my cheezeburgers' date=' but they ain't taking my caffeine. My surgeon thought it was a pretty good compromise and let it go. :)[/quote']

Funny "John latte" drinks tea!

There are a lot of GP and Sleeve patients in my support group that have coffee regularly. They claim it has had no effect on their weight loss, and having one less thing to give up actually helps them drink it in moderation. Many do things like half=caff, or skinny lattes, or nonfat milk and sweeteners.

what is GP?

I am a coffee fanatic. The thing about coffee though, truly good coffee should not require sugar

My surgeon allowed me to have Decaf coffee with fat-free cream right after surgery. I have about 3 cups per day. I also drink decaf herbal tea for a change.

same here but had to wait till first Dr post op visit to make sure things were good, but was allowed decaf herbal right after in the hospital. Take your own bags to the hospital they have a real crappy selection........

It's so weird to hear the varying opinions of our numerous NUtritionists. My NUT said I could have coffee as long as I use an artificial sweetener and non fat milk as cream.

I've heard mixed opinions on coffee. Of course' date=' the nut tells us not to have any at all but I've also read some can tolerate a cup a day. Any thoughts?[/quote']

I love coffee but stopped drinking it until I was about 3 months out But recently stopped again. The reason I stopped was that I noticed I ws hungry all the time. Even tho I wsnt eating bad I felt like I ws hungry all the time and had to eat every 2 hours or so. Since I hv stopped drinking coffee my desire for wanting to eat often stopped. I can go longer without eating.