Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Thanks, I had never heard of that, I wonder why they don't just use it all of the time????

My guess would be because it's probably a lot more expensive than saline, and saline probably works fine for many people. Anyone out there know the cost difference?

I got my 2nd fill this morning. I've lost 25.5 pounds in 7 weeks. Yay! Half of my last fill had been absorbed, so the nurse removed the other half and decided to use omnipaque instead. She put in 2 ccs of the omnipaque. Let's hope I feel some restriction with this. I'll let you all know in a couple of days.

I'm finally feeling better about all this. The extreme hunger and bad cravings have finally subsided, so it seems to be getting easier for me. Glad to see everyone is doing OK, too.

For those of you who are self-pay Spivak patients, you do have to go to his office for your 2nd fill. They only do the 1st one at the SurgiCenter. Dr. Spivak is in the process of getting a fluoroscope at his office, so hopefully in a couple of weeks, he'll be able to do all fills under fluoro. This time Brenda did it without fluoro, and I felt comfortable with that since I wasn't having any problems that needed to be addressed.

Okay, I'm confused...how does the stuff get absorbed?

Shawn

Okay, I'm confused...how does the stuff get absorbed?

Shawn

No clue. But my doctor says it usually happens on the first fill. I'm not even sure if it's actually absorption -- it may be leakage or evaporation.

On the sublect of fills- I am finally having my first today! Any pain? I 'm nervous. What can I expect? Do they do something to numb the area first?

I have had no restriction for the last 2 1/2 weeks! I look forward to being satisfied again with smaller portions and less calories. I have found it very hard to not give back any of the 12 pounds I have lost. Do most of you find you get back good restriction after the first fill? Would love to hear.

Kim :kiss2:

223/217/205/135

pre-op/surg day/today/goal

Banded Jan 30,2007

Just checking in. Good to see everyone's progress. Congrats. I am 9 weeks out, 29 lbs down, no fills yet. I cancelled my first fill because I diddn't feel like I really needed it. I have a 4cc band so I want to be sure to plan my fills properly. I work out 4-5 times a week, just intense cardio for right now, and mild strength training. All in all, everything is going really well. I am very happy with the progress. Hope you all continue the good work!

It's almost first fill time for me too, and I'm nervous about potential pain. I'd love some feedback about what to expect. I'm eating way more than 1/2 cup servings, so hopefully that benchmark is for after fills. I'm finding I'm hungry all the time. Did others find this at around the 5-6 week post-surgery mark?

Yours in bandland

It's almost first fill time for me too, and I'm nervous about potential pain. I'd love some feedback about what to expect.

I have had two fills and one 'adjustment' and didn't really experience 'pain' with any of them. The most uncomfortable thing for me was when they were pressing around on my port area before inserting the needle. It didn't hurt, just felt wierd. The actual 'fill' itself is painless . . .

For the fills I don't think Dr. Spivak used anything to deaden the area, but when I had to go back in to have a little taken out, Brenda did use some type of cream before inserting the needle . . . I honestly couldn't tell a difference.

I have noticed a tremendous difference after the second fill. I have major restriction and know that I am eating less. Now if I can just drop some weight!

Good luck ~ I think you will do fine for your fill . . .

Lynn

Hi everyone! Checking in here...

I went to my doc's support group last night. It was really great to sit in a room full of people who all know what sliming is! LOL! Most of the people had been banded in the last 18 months, so we had some people well into their journey and some just starting out. The topic last night was Body Image. There was a lot of talk about weighing less but still seeing yourself as your biggest, etc, etc. We strayed in topic a bit... talked about portion sizes, slips, all kinds of stuff. My only complaint was that it was too short. I'm hoping to convince some people to go out for coffee afterwards next month.

As for me, I have scheduled a second fill this coming Thursday. After listening to everyone at the meeting, I really feel that is what I need. I'm still eating way too much most of the time, and the fact that I can still gulp waters means I'm pretty open. So, we'll see what Dr. Deol says.

By the way, I started putting Palmers Cocoa Butter cream on my scars and they are healing up really nicely. My two biggest ones were getting kinda rough because they had been scabby, and one week of this cream has made a huge difference. I swear it's fading my stretch marks a bit too, so I'm experimenting with some other areas too. But if your scars are bothering you, try it! I came across it looking for tummy creams for my preggo sister.

Time for me to get my arse on the treadmill. I like being home alone so I can crank the tv while I walk. I'm watching Hollywoodland, and I'm aiming to walk for about 45 - 60 minutes today and Sunday so I can get the movie back to Blockbuster when it's due. How's that for motivation! Oh, and I tried the Transfirmer finally yesterday. I did the Super Charged Sculpting tape -- I'm really feeling it today. It was challenging and will give me something to work towards. I'm pretty happy with that purchase.

Everyone have a great day!

Maria

I have had two fills and one 'adjustment' and didn't really experience 'pain' with any of them. The most uncomfortable thing for me was when they were pressing around on my port area before inserting the needle. It didn't hurt, just felt wierd. The actual 'fill' itself is painless . . .

Ditto. I found it very uncomfortable when they were palpitating the area to locate the port. My whole left side is still very tender, so having it pushed and poked was definitely unpleasant.

It sounds like we are all in the same boat. I had a big weight loss at first (20 lbs.) and now things are slowing down. I've lost a total of 22 lbs in 6 weeks. I was feeling bad about that until I started thinking about the last time I went to Weight Watchers, I lost 10 lbs in two months! So I decided I better stop complaining.

I have my first fill on March 26th. so I'm glad to read the previous messages so that I know what to expect. Thanks everyone for the information.

I have noticed a tremendous difference after the second fill. I have major restriction and know that I am eating less. Now if I can just drop some weight!

Lucky you! I'm still not feeling much restriction with 2 ccs of omnipaque in the band. Guess I'll be going back in 3 weeks. I'm starting to worry that I'll be one of those people who doesn't have restriction even when the band is filled to capacity. That would be a nightmare.

I've made it through the whole work day without the waistband of my panties sliding down underneath the roll of fat around my stomach. The underwear is finally staying in place. Yay!