Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I live in Scotland UK and have followed all your posts for weeks appreciating all your honest stories which have been informative and crucial in preparing me for my op and a glimpse of what to expect afterwards. I am now 6 days post operative and doing very well no problems EXCEPT I do get head hunger a lot. I have a family and am back to cooking the food we used to all sit down and enjoy together but I know what the stuff tastes like and yesterday I was in such a mood all day and I am sure it was due to food depravation. Although I am on a liquid diet I cannot say I have felt full although I have felt satisfied but this fullness that is often mentioned on this forum is something that is new to me. Also as I have a savoury tooth the shakes are making me feel I'll and I struggle to take them and often don 't. I know that the 'sleeve op' is slightly different over here and that we seem to be allowed a more varied post operative diet than you guys but basically for the first two weeks we are allowed liquids (any not just clear) and also creamed Soups. Any words of advice or encouragement would be appreciated. Meg x

Hi I'm in London and I'm post op 13 days now. I think the first 10 days are the worst! Or have been for me. How long are you on liquids for?? For some reason the last 2 days have been better, iv stopped thinking about food and seem not to have a appetite. I was so hungry the first few days it felt like a was about to collapse.

Thanks for your reply its really helpful. It would be good to stay in touch if your ok with that. The Bariatric nurse promised that she would introduce me to the 3 others who had their op the same day as mine but she never did and I feel the support would have been really helpful for us all. Other than the head hunger and the fear that because of not having that 'full' feeling the op has not worked ( which I know is ridiculous) I am very well and hope that you are also. It's good to know that it gets better/easier in time.

Hi, that would be really good to stay in touch! My nut said liquids for 4 weeks post op! No way it's too much! Are you getting all your liquids in? It's so hard! I can probably get in 500 ml. By the way my name is riya, I'm 31 with a 2 year old son. I live in hertfordshire.

Hi Riya, I'm Margaret aged 50 (very nearly 51), and I have 4 children aged 29,27 & 15 year old twins (boy and a girl)?, I am trying to drink as much Water as possible and find that far easier than the shakes although today for lunch I had carrot and coriander Soup it had small chopped up carrot in it but I managed about a quarter of a bowl and feel ok. My energy seems to come and go also one minute I'm up ironing and washing etc then I need to lie down for an hour. I have 2 weeks off so I do want to make the most of resting. Not sure that you will be able to rest much with a 2 year old. I could not go 4 weeks on liquids, I think I would find that very difficult.

Awwww!! I wish I were in the UK with you. My ancestors are from Somerset and my family name is Churchill. One day I will come to the UK to check out my heritage. I have very good friends in Liverpool as well. It doesn't sound much different as far as your pre op and post op diets are concerned although I wouldn't be allowed carrots for another two months. I'm 9 days post op today and would love to stay in touch with you all. I'm 50 as well with a 22 y/o son. My name is Marcy, but i live in Sunny Florida. Take care. Sounds like you are doing well.

I would really get a lot of head hunger if I had to cook regular food for the rest of my family. I know you can't give them liquids but try and switch everyone to healthier eating habits...even if they are not overweight...eating whole foods like unprocessed fruits, veggies, whole grains etc....it can be a family adventure in eating. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the replies I feel much better just getting the support. X