Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Sandra, hey I'm about in the same boat you are. I'm going in for surgery tomorrow and very nervous. These last couple weeks were testing for me...lots of food around but couldn't touch. Oh well...let's hang in there and just do it.

Good luck tomorrow. You'll do great. Remember the mantra - "Walk, Walk, Walk" even if you don't want to. It's what gets you through the rough Patches.< /p>

Good Luck Tx Hogwild. You'll do fine, just remember to walk. It's important.

Let us know how you are, k?

Have a good day everyone! Hope yall didn't float away last nite!

lisa

Hey, had my surgery this morning and now just checking email and watching TV. Little hard to breath, but that was excepted since you liver dries out a litte from the CO2, other than that I'm able to get up and down alright and the incisions aren't too painful. If I'm feeling this good still tomorrow, I might put in half a day at work tomorrow. Yes, and it does feel lots better to walk around. Thanks!

Sandra, it ain't nothing...no problems here. You'll be fine!

:thumbup:

Edited by TX_Hogwild

The worst part is behind you, hogwild. Just make yourself walk. You'll find you're a little sore in the morning and maybe more bloated. I think the 3-4 days after surgery were more difficult for me than the day of. You might be a little weak as your body adjusts too. Just hang in there, by day 10 you'll be amazed at how easy it was!

Hello all and welcome Sandra and all the new folks. I am so glad everyone is doing so well in the losing department!

Hogwild, congrats and welcome to Bandland! I am glad you are doing so well. Just keep taking those walks, it really helps dissapate all those air bubbles. Even though you feel well, please don't over do..... no pushing, pulling, or lifting. You want everything to seat in place and stay there. A port that stays where it is supposed to, is much easier to fill. It will all be worth it.

Lo2us, you are doing so great!!!! I know your husband is proud of you. I can't wait to see you again. Hope your sale goes good. Then you can go buy new clothes!! Did anyone ever post about the last meeting?

I noticed Dr. H isn't doing anything on noscales.com I enjoyed that, but I guess he has gotton to busy for contest, ect. Still hoping to win an Ironwood Grill certificate. lol We like to eat there.

Hang in there all you new people, you will be so happy when the pre-op and post-op diets are over.

Hey everyone. I finally admitted I was in denial. I will go get an unfil monday. The last couple of days my band has really gotten tight, got sick, etc. I have been trying to tell myself it was swelling but it is too tight. It is so funny, I know restriction is not the point but it does get in your head and you think you will lose that way. Hope to be losing again soon. Thanks for you advice, I am taking it.. LOL. Stay in the box this weekend. ! Happy Easter too.

Hi everyone. I go to the doc Mon. 9:00 a.m. What time do you go Teresa? I don't think I am going to get a fill this time. This will be my first time not to get one. am having to be very careful about eating, quite a few PB's. Finding myself eating lots of bandfriendly food. I know that's not good. so I may just stay where I am for now unless she thinks I need some. We'll see. I think I need to lose some weight to loosen my band, then I'll probably need a fill. I don't want to get too tight and risk erosion.

Teresa I don't know what they put in, but maybe you can get half of it taken out. I think I have had about 9 fills. No unfills. I think I am going to ask, ( if I can remember) mon. I might ask for a total too.

Everyone have a HAPPY EASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Easter! I hope the bunny has found everyone okay this year!

Happy Easter everyone! Lo2us, was the Easter Bunny good to Gus? We celebrated with family yesterday since a few needed to go out of town today. That's okay, we went to church this a.m. and had the rest of the day to ourselves. Just doing some burgers for one son and family tonight.

Lisa, did the Bunny come see Tanner? I think he has been here....too much candy around here. My husband buying and fixing for a few special little ones. Of course there is a ton left over and I have been nibbleing. I told him to take it to work and give it away tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Weren't we blessed with beautiful weather?!

Teresa, what time do you go to PS tomorrow? I go at 9:00 Anybody else going?

We are shocked and saddened to learn that one of our group members, Karen Taylor of DeQueen, AR has died in a car accident this past week.

The notice was in the Texarkana Gazette this weekend and was just brought to my attention just right now.

Please have her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

With a heavy heart,

Dr Ron Hekier.

That is sad! I didnt know her. Prayer for the family !

Sugarbear, sorry, I was there early and left this morning. I got some out and what a relief ! I have not lost and could not eat anything good for me. I will not be that restricted again. I am even going to try salad again. I ate some grilled chicken and it went right down! This restriction thing is all wrong. I know that I have to stop myself from eating too much but I think i can handle that now. I WAS EATING all the WRONG things and not losing. Denial !!!! Thank you everyone for your good advice, sorry i am so stubborn. Restriction is NOT what this is about. Thank you dr H for helping me out today ! Ya'll better listen to him !

LOL. Now, lets see what i lose !! Cant wait to start losing again.!!!!

Hi Teresa. I have been doing that a lot too. I did not get a fill, but did not get an unfill either. I know what you mean about the restriction thing. I am afraid I will overeat if I am not relatively restricted. I am not losing too much either. I may have to do that too. We'll see.

I am so sorry about the loss to the Taylor family. We will certainly pray for the family. Thank you Dr. H for bringing it to our attention.

I have a hernia that needs surgery. Dr. Keilin will be doing that after I get back from vacation. I will call her when I get back to set it up, mid to late May. Take care everyone.