Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

lisa shame on you thought you were being nice (should've know better)

glo, how's is going?

tjh when is the big day?

hope everyone else has had a losing day!!

today i talked to a friend of mine who had the surg. 5/06 and met her goal 5/07 in all she has lost 75-80 lbs and is very happy with her results

i asked her if maintaining is easier than losing and her answer was a big YES. she has not had a fill since dec. and has not gained any past her goal of 70 lbs

it was very encouaging to know that the band does help keep the weight off. i have always been yo-yo dieter easy to get it off but even easier to gain it back. that is way i have been so slow losing i refuse to be on a strict diet. at least i am losing at a slow but steady pace. i need to step up and stay in the box for awhile so i can lose the rest of this weight, i am happy to still be losing after a year.

oops didn't mean to write a book.

Thanks, Hippmom. Today I feel good,yesterday was a bomber. I never knew that creamy Soup could taste so good. LOL:) Thanks, Lisa G. for the info about the meeting. I hope to be there. I'll be the one with a thick notepad full of ?'s. LOL

Best wishes TJH on the surgery.:clap2:

Hi to all!!!!!!

Lisa G, I still am here! Thank you for asking. I am hanging in at 248 to 250, It comes and gos. I guess i had better be glad it is not more with the way i have been eating. I hope the sweet spot finds me at my 2nd fill or I will be a basket case.lol

Lynn, I hope you have perked up and feeling better. How is school?

gloharmar, glad to have you on here with us. Hope all is going ok with you.

Tjh, we are glad you will soon be one of us.

Hippmom, I wish I only had 30lbs to go. You are doing good.

Sugarbear, how are you doing?

Lo2us, I am sorry you have had such a bad time with your aminals. You seem to be losing real good too.

Way to go all on your weight lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mornin yall!

Glo, you think creamy Soup tastes good, just wait until you can have mushies. I had the best tasting scrambled egg ever when I could have mushies! I don't know about everyone else, but my tastes changed after I had surgery. Some things I loved before surgery, I can't stand now. I guess that's good, cause they weren't good for me anyway.

Susan..... you know I can be nice when I wanna be. lol I just like to keep things lively. hehe

AND I am officially back down to PRE-Branson weight this morning. AWW-RIGHT!! Now, I'm ready to start moving that sticky ticker!

We started football practice last nite. I know there was one stinky, sweaty little boy came home with us. He was so tired, went straight to bed. Stink and all!!! Got there before I could stop him. YUCK!

Well, I'm done. Catch yall later! :wacko:

Hi all.

Susan, thanks for sharing the info about your friend. That is encouraging. You are doing super, only 30 lbs. to your goal, WOW!:clap2: I feel like you about the strict diet thing. But I have lost so little since the surgery (16 lbs.) I may have to considerate it. I am going to see what happens after the next fill. I have had 4. This one has made a difference. More now than at the time I got it. Where are birthdays listed?

We had a good trip, as bussiness trips go. It was hotter there than here. Glad to be home.

Glo, hope things are going okay. How are you feeling, now? Keep up the walking, you will feel better every day. Take several walks a day if you can. This time will pass. Soups that you can thin with milk will help you get in protein.( Get the low fat, low calorie ones, creamies are higher calories) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Betty hang in there. I had my 3rd fill before I felt any restriction, and it wasn't much. I have now had a 4th, I finally feel what I think everyone refers to as "restriction." Of course everyone is different. Imediate restriction doesn't happen for a lot of us. I know it is a bummer, because as you can see, I am a slow starter also. I am almost 6 months out.:wacko: Most lose the majority of their weight the first year, unless they have well over a hundred pounds to lose. Like 200 or better. There was a man at our meeting last night that has lost 199 pounds in 18 months!! There were others that lost a lot too. It is very early for you. try not to get discouraged. I am having to work on that too.

Tjh, wondering if your surgery is tomorrow? Good luck, and you will be in all our thoughts and prayers. Please post asap after surgery, we will all be anxious to hear from you, and how things went.

I want you all to know that I saw Lo2us at our meeting last night and she is looking fabulous! :whoo:As you can see she is nearing her 50 lb. mark!!

There was also another lady there that had been very successful, not sure of the amount she lost, but she looked GREAT. Her name was Sandy. So, Sandy, if you read this, CONGRATS!:)

Gotta go now.

awww *blush*

Good afternoon all, I am doing good, but I swear I feel something moving on my left side in my stomach (sort of like being pregnant) LOL.

I did buy the low fat creamy Soup and SF popsicles--hummm good.:girl_hug:

I went to Walmart and I got a lot of walking. As hot as it is, I think I'll keep my walking to the stores and the house. Congrats to everyone on the weight loss. You all really don't know how helpful you have been to me and very encouraging. I have a very good friend (we work together) and now we are LBB (Lapband Buddies). She has been a BIG help as well. I thank God for her and you all.:whoo:Hope to hear all about your surgery TJH. My sister is thinking about having this done (she lives in Dallas). Take care all and be blessed.:D

Hi all!!!! Good to see you all last night at the meeting. I thought it went well considering the small room, but it had a coziness to it that the Y didn't have. There were so many successfull folks there last night, it always makes me smile when folks get their pins, I know what an awesome feeling that first 50 lb pin is, so I know how proud they must feel. I was really impressed with the guy who had lost 199 lbs. I can't even begin to know how much better he must feel. There are some really beautiful folks in our tiny group, and I can't wait to see their faces when they ALL reach their goal weight. Just think,,,,,everyones closets are going through the same shuffling ordeal....what to wear, nothing fits!!!!Yeah Have a good day ya'll. MIZBOO

I am with you Mizboo. It is encouraging to see so many successes. Just look at you! 90 lbs!! WOW!

I talked to the nurse about band sizes. She said there is a 9.75, a 10, and a 11 which is referred to as a VG. I was confused about that. So if I have misled anyone about that, I am sorry. She said there is no 4cm band. ??? Maybe there is but she said those mentioned above is all our doctors use. Hmmmm. The cards we recieve when we have surgery even have a size listed on there, but it may not be the size you recieved. I guess they just grab one. I think they may write it on there if they think about it. I have a 10cm band. I guess that is about medium. So if you are wondering about your band size, the next time you go to the doctor, ask them while they have your chart. She also said they put 1.8 cc in the band the first fill now, instead of 1.5 like they did in the beginning. That is another good things about the meetings, you can always ask questions to the staff. I liked the smaller room too. But I wish the chairs were situated in an arch on each side, that way you could see and hear better. Wouldn't be looking at the back of everybodys head. Take care.

Sugarbear, you are correct about the 9.75CM, 10CM, and the 11CM band. The 4 you are talking about is the CC's (amount of fluid) that the 9.75 and the 10 hold. CC's are used as measurement of Fluid. CM is used for length. I have a 10cm band also. Oh, and I also found out how much the port and tubing hold. They hold APPROX. .75 to 1cc. That is why the difference in our totals and what it says on the chart. So..... that explains why I thought I had .7cc more that the chart says.

Glad yall had a nice place to go for your meeting last nite. It's nice to have a small comfortable place where you don't have to shout at everyone.

Talk to everyone tomorrow

I'm pooped. I did enjoy the meeting last night too and I feel better about getting my 2nd fill on Monday too since I spoke with the nurse as well. I don't think it will be so traumatic this time.

Did the W/A thing tonight we had a male instructor who kicked my butt. I doubt I'll be able to walk tomorrow, I'm already sore. I guess I won't be posting as much since I started back to work yesterday. I will sneak a peak in the mornings during my conference period. Y'all hang in there.

Oh yeah, thank you to all the folks who spoke last night, giving a testimonial, it really helps keep me motivated to hear success stories along this journey. Y'all look fabulous!

ok....I CAN'T believe nobody's posted today....is there something wrong with the site??????

Nope, I don't think so. Just really, really, really busy. We have football practice 3 days a week, church on wed. friday is clear (so far), saturday we have closing ceremonies for baseball and then there's sunday. Need I say more???? lol I don't know about yall, but I will be glad when school starts. My little guy is so bored! And grumpy.

I have lost another pound!! That truly is amazing. Since I haven't lost anything in almost THREE MONTHS! I'm not changing my ticker just yet. Don't wanna skeer that pound. lol

Yall have a good day. Susan----- Tomorrow is Friday! Meeting monday, you coming?

lisa

Hi Shannon. I am like Lisa today, busy, busy, busy. I had to do some on-line work for my hubby. Took most of the morning, and part of this afternoon. Like you, I thought it was unusal no one had posted. Usually Lisa is our first poster. I look forward to that. Sooooo Lisa you will have to reserve first thing in the a.m. for us. Just get up earlier. LOL Just kidding, I notice you post very early sometimes. Lisa, don't feel alone on the snail-scale road. I am beginning to worry about my weight loss. I have only lost 16 pounds since surgery. Soon to be 6 months. The other loss was pre-surgery diet. I know what keeps me from losing, the amount I eat, and sometimes food choices. Mostly amount. That is what I was hoping for the band (tool) to HELP me with, Portion Control. Patients...I am getting short on. I am hoping the next fill will get me on the road. I can tell restriction with this one but not like most people. Wished I would have gotton a smaller band. I guess I got wht fit. On the other hand I don't want to be so tight that I erode. I guess I just have to work through this. I talked to the guy that owns the gym here and I think he and I are going to get together a few times and work me out an exercise program. Going to try to get that started in the first few days of next week.

Tjh...Are you there????? How are you, did you have your surgery yesterday? Or is it Friday?? Post Something!!!! Enquiring minds want to know!!!!!! All kidding aside, hope you are doing okay.