Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dehydration long term & dizziness anyone?

128 oz!! Oh my' date=' how do you manage that?[/quote']

It is actually not that hard. Drink from a 32 oz Water bottle and keep filling it all day long. I fill mine 7-8 times a day. I believe the large amount of Water has helped with my weight loss in 1st 6 months. It is fairly easy to drink the water if you mix in a water flavor enhancer such as Dasani drops. I stop drinking water about an hour before bedtime to lessen the need to get up at night. Note that I say lessen because I still get up at least once to use the bathroom.

I have started doing the same thing- still getting the off balance problem though, but I feel that after feeling off balance for more than 6 months, my body is taking a while to "unlearn" this feeling and my mind still needs to catch up :/ I am seeing a hypnotherapist Sunday for it, I feel I have developed a psychosomatic vertigo.

I too, have had the dizziness kinda thing happen. Usually when I get up to quickly, there is a moment where everything is a bit woozy.

I recently had an incident where I passed out (broke my ankle somehow in the process), they did all kinds of tests on me, BP ok, bloods perfect.

It does seem more common when I have had some alcohol the night before.

*Shrugs*

I am currently dealing with the dizziness/lightheaded issue. Had an attack in December which was attributed to Vertigo. Took meds and all had been fine until last week when it happened again and I actually passed out. Thankfully I was at home and only received basic falling injuries. My PCP is running a battery of tests, including cardio related to rule out any heart issues. I told her about my continuing struggle with Water intake so a number of labs have been ordered as well. I go for a follow-up next week to receive the results. I have no idea what is going on but it is comforting to hear others going thru this as well.

I have to find a resolution as I cannot function with the dizziness and/or fear of passing out hanging over my head.

How funny.. I too every now and then get "off balance" and not sure why.. Im getting my Protein and Water intake..and all my vitamins.. I will have to check with my doc on my 3 mon visit.. odd feeling.

I am currently dealing with the dizziness/lightheaded issue. Had an attack in December which was attributed to Vertigo. Took meds and all had been fine until last week when it happened again and I actually passed out. Thankfully I was at home and only received basic falling injuries. My PCP is running a battery of tests' date=' including cardio related to rule out any heart issues. I told her about my continuing struggle with Water intake so a number of labs have been ordered as well. I go for a follow-up next week to receive the results. I have no idea what is going on but it is comforting to hear others going thru this as well.

I have to find a resolution as I cannot function with the dizziness and/or fear of passing out hanging over my head.[/quote']

It is my understanding that vertigo presents like the "room is spinning" where my symptoms where more like I was just unstable, eyes crossed and would not focus, light headed. Was the room spinning for you?

It is my understanding that vertigo presents like the "room is spinning" where my symptoms where more like I was just unstable, eyes crossed and would not focus, light headed. Was the room spinning for you?

There were two major incidents in December, no actual room spinning but there was a tilting feeling. I was very unstable, dizzy, light headed and feeling as if I was going to pass out without actually doing so. First diagnosis came from an urgent care physician, almost week later when the same symptoms presented again with the addition of being freezing cold with uncontrollable shaking, I visited an actual ER where the doctor came to the same diagnosis along with moderate dehydration. He even performing a CT scan of the head as a precaution. He prescribed different meds from the UC physician. All was fine until last week.

The latest incident was an instant onset of dizziness, light headedness and passing out in rapid succession. No room spinning or tilting present. My PCP has ordered labs, ekg, echo, 24 holter monitor and another head CT. All results should be in by my visit with her late next week.

There were two major incidents in December' date=' no actual room spinning but there was a tilting feeling. I was very unstable, dizzy, light headed and feeling as if I was going to pass out without actually doing so. First diagnosis came from an urgent care physician, almost week later when the same symptoms presented again with the addition of being freezing cold with uncontrollable shaking, I visited an actual ER where the doctor came to the same diagnosis along with moderate dehydration. He even performing a CT scan of the head as a precaution. He prescribed different meds from the UC physician. All was fine until last week.

The latest incident was an instant onset of dizziness, light headedness and passing out in rapid succession. No room spinning or tilting present. My PCP has ordered labs, ekg, echo, 24 holter monitor and another head CT. All results should be in by my visit with her late next week.[/quote']

Well good luck. Hope it all turns out ok.

Hey all- I haven't updated in a while, but alas, the balance issues still happen!

It was suggested to me months ago that I may have Vestibular Migraines, which is characterized by feeling like you're "walking on a mattress" or on a boat or plane at times, a pressure behind the eyes, and light headedness with or WITHOUT headache. At first, I thought this was a silly suspicion, given than my friend VSG friend shares my symptoms, and they started for us right after a wine soaked camping trip.

Upon researching, I am learning how little we know about vestibular migraines, and how linked the stomach and vestibular system are. I can identify with most of the symptoms of this condition, and it's not impossible that some of us are more susceptible to these types of migraines after having a portion of our stomach removed.

And on the flip side, it may just be "idiopathic vertigo"- mysterious, alarming, but not harmful vestibular issues that remain undiagnosable. I am trying to accept that I've eliminated virtually all dangerous causes of balance issues, and that I need to enjoy life and not worry about this, but rather do what seems to help (avoiding booze, dehydration, keeping Protein up!).

Anyhow, I wanted to throw it out there, because maybe other sleevers can relate to my symptoms and perhaps are suffering vestibular migraines, here is a testimonial from someone with this condition: http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Vestibular-Migraine/250815

If this harmless condition is the trade off for being in the best health of my life, looking great, and otherwise doing amazingly, I am actually fine with that!

Just want to add my vote. I am 8 months out and 110 lbs down, I have The blood tests and blood pressure of an 18-year old, this week I have fainted and fallen twice when getting up quickly from laying down on the couch.

I have bee pretty lax about caffeine and alcohol lately. I am going to watch that and follow this thread. This can be pretty serious. I fell hard the last time. If I had hit something on the way down it could have been real serious.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I was going to suggest G2 Gatorade. I've actually been drinking this since right after my sleeve surgery. Seems to keep me hydrated without all the sugar. Glad you have solved the issue. I've noticed that a lot of vets are complaining about dizziness. My HR has been low at times too. I recently had gall bladder surgery and everyone was freaking out because my HR was 48 during the operation. I've been on beta blockers for a very long time and I guess it is time to try to get off of them. I have some issues with PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) which has been diagnosed as benign and that is why I'm still taking the beta blockers. It is kind of scary when your HR goes that low. I've also had problems with anesthesia in the past. So, I'm hoping when I get all of that out of my system, my HR will improve.

I was going to suggest G2 Gatorade. I've actually been drinking this since right after my sleeve surgery. Seems to keep me hydrated without all the sugar. ..... I've been on beta blockers for a very long time and I guess it is time to try to get off of them. I have some issues with PVC's (premature ventricular contractions)

I have had some "dizzy spells" mostly when I lean my head back or lay down in bed. I did get blood work and my potassium was low. My doc said eat a banana every day. I asked if taking potassium was ok (always thinking calories!) and she said no...eat a banana. I do eat them sometimes, but keep a bottle of Water with flavor and a potassium pill dissolved in it in the fridge... just a swig a couple times a week. She said you can get TOO much potassium. I also take a beta blocker, and that contributes to low blood pressure... I don't believe there is any "getting off" of that med... the heart is more likely to go into fibrillation without the drug present. Check with your doc, you may have something different than I.