Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days out and I can eat everything. is this normal? please read and give input. thanks

Whoa, what's going on here?

Another thread gone bad?

Aye yi yi

Iggy' date='

where to start...

Well, it's a beautiful Northern California day and I just got back from a walk on the beach with my daughter, so I'm relaxed and happy :)

Yes, I'm glad you agree, diets can differ greatly and that was my point exactly. There are some doctors that release their patients after two weeks for "full" foods, there are even doctors that give NO post op diet. We see it here everyday! Scary stuff I agree.

Do I agree with someone going against doctors orders? No.

What I take exception to, is the judgmental condemnation that people rain upon Others while they are offering "advice". There is no need to say things like "you are not fit for this surgery" or "you have deep problems and will be a failure" or even "my doctor is the best and yours doesn't know squat"

Yes Iggy there are risks as you have graciously and continuously educated "newbies" about.

We are, most of us, here to help, learn and connect with others. Occasionally we get grumpy or tired but I think that is no excuse to talk "down" to others.

Laura

[/quote']

Gad we agree sort of :P Are you drinking again? :)

I think this poster was sadly not very well informed about the surgery. Honestly that makes me sad. I'm the type of person to research the hell out of everything and knew about diets prior to coming home, but some folks just wait for their docs to advise them and some docs just don't do enough. It's frankly pretty stupid on the docs part. Everyone should know that bread is a no no (and it is for everyone at ten days out). Crackers maybe...bread? That could be painful.

Anyhoo, I am not one to tell anyone it will be fine cuz it might not be. Hopefully it will be :) But it's best to know your risks and pay attention after surgery even if you walk the straight and narrow path.

I always thought they were white, That is until I got that big fat yellow one next to my face!!

Once again I think star ratings are just wrong on so many levels !

And noooo PEOPLE not because I'm bitter about my ONE!!!

Well maybe just a little.... :P

HEHEHE

I've just upgraded you to 5 stars.

Sweet boy!! Luv ya :) was it all that hinting around that got you :P

I'm impressed that I picked up on a 'subtle' hint. I've already pointed it out to my wife .......

I'm impressed that I picked up on a 'subtle' hint. I've already pointed it out to my wife .......

I've trained my husband to pick up on my "subtle" hints too! :)

I got this book called The Gastric Sleeve by Dr. Alvarez you should get it read. Its very informative and helpful.

OP you got a myriad of opinions from posters and everyone speaks from their own perspective, some who are giving you a strict admonishment and some who think you're probably ok but don't repeat the behavior. We're all here trying to help and there are NO absoutely right answers, surgeons and nutritionists give different dietary guidelines. Common sense does come into play, you have a brand new suture line that doesn't need to be tested or having solids trying to work thru the seam.

Here's the other thing I want to say, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Psycholgically you may have lost your fear of eating things outside of your recommended diet, and this may continue to plague you as you move forward and affect your weight loss. After a while its a struggle to lose, this is the time you should be on the mark. Stock your cupboards with Protein powder and Soups so you always have something on hand, later down the line when you are cleared for solids, keep cheese sticks, yogurt or cottage cheese, beef jerkey, nuts...always have the right food handy if possible.

wow what a mess. my post has caused an uproar. and yes by the way for those who care to know, yes i am still alive. i didn't DIE yet !!! imagine?? thank God. i've only been drinking. haven't touch food since the original post. few days ago now. no pains and no fevers as of yet thank God. i see my dietician on tuesday at 10 so i will inform her of my food errors. hopefully i am ok and have zero leaks, issues, or problems. as for this post/site. i don't think i will be sharing anymore. too many negative people and comments. a lot of mean people too. thankfully there was a nice few. i don't like when people scare me. i know they mean well but it could have been different. thanks for all the support.

I read on here this morning about a girl who cried every morning at the thought of another day with only chicken broth and protien shakes that on post-op day 8 she went to a birthday party at a bar and had hot wings and a beer! She is a year post op and lived to tell the tale. I just about busted my incisions open from laughing so hard! We all feel her pain as we feel yours, relax pal, if you don't have a fever or tummy pain you are 99% in the clear but dont push it... toss your food into a blender. No more lumpys for a few weeks ok? Take care!

thanks flab! was that a true story ?? i met with the head dietician today. i told her i ate bread with cheese and bread with PBJ when i was only 10 days post op. she said that was fine. as long as i feel ok i'm good she said. thanks for the encouragement i needed it. no pain at all and i check my temp daily for a fever and knock on wood on fever and no pain yet

It really was a true story. Some girl was responding to a post about being sick of shakes. I havent laughed so hard in a long time. All I could think of was.. HOLY S***! That girl is gutsy! Beer and hot wings! That is some cheat! I love this forum!

I feel the same... i cam eat other things.. im tired of puree n liquids plus im hungry n have a headache... dnt k ow what to do...

Ive onlt lost 7 pounds. :-(

I go back to liquids n then im hungry so I eat....

I honestly dnt know what to do