Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 not enough to keep alive

Seriously guys I've just had the sleeve I waited 42 hours just sipping Water just before surgery and up to a day and half after surgery. I was so hungry but now Incan eat I can only manage two 150ml shakes Cambridge and not even 500ml water there is no way Incan survive healthy on this but this is all I can take it takes be Ages to drink and eat Incan only manage 50ml every 30min on yogurts and foods like Soups. All smoothed and runny. Is it seriously possible to live on 280calories a day. This is worrying me.

I have personal friends who have gone 40 days on nothing but Water with no ill effects. They tell me the body does not begin starving until after the 40 days.

Your stomach just got cut apart and stapled shut. It needs time to heal. As it heals you will be able to eat more.

I could take in only pill cups of Water for quite a while. It gets better.

I have personal friends who have gone 40 days on nothing but Water with no ill effects. They tell me the body does not begin starving until after the 40 days.

Your stomach just got cut apart and stapled shut. It needs time to heal. As it heals you will be able to eat more.

I could take in only pill cups of Water for quite a while. It gets better.

That's extreme 40 days. I feel how can I complain after hearing this. How did you find your first week?

In my 1st 6 days, I probably didn't eat 6 sugar free popsicles. It does get better and you will be able to eat more, it just takes time. Just keep drinking your liquids so you don't get dehydrated.

You need to relax. You just had surgery. You are not going to starve to death, I promise you are OK. Keep sipping. It gets better every day. One good tip I can give you is to have everything warm. When I was fresh out of surgery I could do twice as much warm Fluid as I could cold stuff.

Fat greek, I survived on that small intake as well, it is part of the process I guess. Just keep sipping, everyday it will get better as your tummy heals!! Good luck and congrats and welcome!!!!!

The first week was tough but I expected it to be. I've had many more worse things in my life. Everything slowly and steadily got better. When you are forced to buy new clothing you will know how worth it the hardship was.

I'll echo the rest of the comments. The first week is the toughest - it's all downhill after that. I also did much better with warm liquids. Good luck and hang in there!

I love these forums. Anyone else had tar like bowel movements it's like move been 6 times and every time it looks like marmite or black oil. Ingot scared thinking its a leak etc.

I prepared so much but lot came across anything mentioning this before. Thank you guys

I've been out of surgery for 3 days! All I can tell you is to look at it little by little! Take 4oz every hour for sixteen hours per day! It's working so well for me! I can actually take it all in! Except for the 70grams of Protein, I can only do 23 for now but I'm imagining it will get better! Hang I'm there, you're on your way!!

I was worried too ~ but just as everyone has said it does get better each day ~ I promise! Hang in there : )

heck I still eat very little and I'm 6 weeks out. Have difficulty with Protein and Water. In fact I pretty much given up on the Protein Drinks. I hate them so most times the come back up. I'm making myself drink Fluid, mostly gatorade. However, I am able to eat about 2oz of food at a time, then 30 mins later another 2oz. I still eat soft foods and try to get my protein in by eating things that are high in protein. I still don't do meat, but I can handle deli meat slices, one at a time and seafood. I worry alot about my health, because I too feel it just can't be normal to eat so little. I've heard about 600-800 cals a day, but I know I don't eat that much on any given day. I will say that things appear to be moving in the right direction, because I can tolerate a little more than I use to. Today I had one egg with cheese sprinkles and a turkey sausage patty. It took me 2 sittings to finish it all, but I did and nothing came back up. This is progress; at least for me it is. I'm still wondering did I make the right decision, but everyone here says it gets better and I will one day view this surgery as the best thing I've ever done in my life - so I try to hold on to those thoughts and look for the day when I will feel this way. The good news is I am definitely losing weight. I can see the changes that my body is making, though I don't want to look llike a skeleton either.

Today I am almost in shock! After not being able to tolerate much more than an egg, Soup or 2oz of soft foods at a time, today I was able to eat 6oz of yogurt, a few peanuts, a few clams and one oyster fried very lightly. Of course I didn't eat all this at one time, but throughout the course of the day I was able to eat everything without vomiting. I also walked quite a bit today. Don't want to get use to the fried food thing, but I was out with some friends and we went to the food court. One of my friends ordered some clams and I took a couple of hers. I was so surprised that I was able to eat them (chewed them until the were pureed before swallowing that I actually purchased some for myself. Of course, I could only eat a couple of strips, but I have to tell you I was so happy; after 6 weeks of feeling like an alien LOL.

I set the alarm on my phone for 15 minutes and did my half a medicine cup of Water the whole time I was awake. Kept doing it over and over. Now I prefer water out of a bottle rather than a large container!l Looks like too much!